ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead flys!

Ive had my black 182 for a couple of weeks now. Ive been keeping it pretty clean (about 4 washes already!) but when I washed it last night there were quite a few dead bug marks on the bumper/bonnet/windscreen that simply wouldnt shift!

What products do you guys use to shift this kind of thing?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by James on 22 May 2004

Warm soapy towel left on for 10 minutes. They just fall off.
Warm towels fall off the sides of a car though! Dont use the bug remover stuff anyway, ive tried 2 different types and its TURD.

polish. Autogly, super resin, quick rub, and off they come. On another note, just realised one of the drawbacks of a yellow car, after 5 mins of polishing it, it was covered in little fly things! the little gits swarmed towards it!

found this out taking flies off my visor when im biking. flash kichen wet wipes!! works a treat.

dont ask me how i came about using it in the first place :)

I find that if when you wax the car, you put plenty on the front of the car then the bug jst wash off wthout too much trouble.

I have black plastic bumpers still, and i just use the pressure washer on them, and the screen, at close range takes em straight off, daint use it on my bonnet yet as it was only painted a few weeks ago

Clio v6

OK heres another handy tip. Kitchen towel squares. Place on fly infested area then spray soapy water on them. They stay put.

:D

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Bit of traffic film will do the trick nicely.

Just mke sure you dont apply it neat.

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 22 May 2004
I find that if when you wax the car, you put plenty on the front of the car then the bug just wash off without too much trouble.

^ What he said!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I have Auto Glym lifeshine on my car and flies just wash off without any effort even if left and baked on.So id go along with the wax theory,get a nice coat of wax on there and the flies are history !

if you use stuff like autoglym fly and tar remover "PROPERLY" it works a treat. the car must be cold (so the bonnet isnt warm) and it must be out of direct sunlight. dusk is the best time to use it, although youll need decent light to see what you are doing. put plenty on then leave it for at least ten minutes, in the evening with a cold car it shouldnt dry out, all you need then is a lint free cloth and some elbow grease, always worked for me on the CTR and some of the flies were put there at about 140 MPH (not on public roads may i hasten to add)

Cheers for the pointers guys.

maffyoo - the autoglym stuff you mention. I didnt realise that was for flys as well.... I thought it was just tar remover??

In any case, Im off to Halfords today to get some Autoglym super resin polish etc. Sometime this week Ill spend a full evening giving it a good polish and see if I can remove all of those flys using the tips above!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Nah, I bought a bug remover cloth, its like a sponge but with a small weave in it, takes bugs off completly with a few rubs, Get it from halfords its yellow with a white weave.

I had about 4 million bugs on the front of my car, the all came off really quick and easy, no chemicals needed.

I used Turtle Wax bug and tar removal wipes. Got them cheap from Tesco and they did an ok job but polishing the front will do a much better job.

Ziel Nurburgring

Use a karcher and get really really close, then a light buffing with a brillopad! works for me:sick:

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 10 June 2004

Use a karcher and get really really close, then a light buffing with a brillopad! works for me:sick:
Brillopad? are you completely insane?