ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer bodyshop - number plate

Okay, someone tw*ted the back of my car a few weeks back then it was fixed but they forgot the dint in the boot lid. Got that repaired today and noticed there was something loose rattling around inside the boot lid and there were two dints above the number plate. The bodyshop said that these were spot welds and that the number plate was too low. So they said they would sort it. I had to take the thing apart to remove the rattling item because they seem to have forgot that aswell! So I take the number plate off to see what the idiots had done, and they had drilled two holes in the boot lid - one that overlaps. Why did they do this? Surely they should have replaced the factory bits and put it back in the center? Now I have two holes without any rust protection, surely this isnt the right way to do it? They have really annoyed me and I thought they were good esp when its a feckin renault dealer.

Ive taken it back 3 times now and on the last visit they seemed as though I was being petty about it. There doesnt even seem to be a manager down there, only two blokes that asses cars and the bodyshop mupets. How does the number plate actually fit on normally because there are two big holes for the factory installed bit? Maybe I should get the insurance company not to pay them. The guy thats sort-of incharge is on holiday and I dont know if this is supposed to be correct proceedure or what.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

if its a new tailgate it might have two holes in it anyway - cause this is where reno are supposed to rivet on the number plates

Number plate on my 182 is held on by sticky pads!!:eek: and its flapping around like a goodun where its lost its stick. Should they fix this?

Sorry for the hijack

no they just repaired mine. The holes are there, but theres nothing behind it! I wish I let direct line take it to its own repairer now...

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 23 November 2004
Number plate on my 182 is held on by sticky pads!!:eek: and its flapping around like a goodun where its lost its stick. Should they fix this?Sorry for the hijack

That depends if you dare take it to reno cos they might drill it to bits! Make sure they use the proper factory holes if they do!