ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Death of an iPhone...

340i
Like a total n00b, went to put the iPhone in my trouser pocket...

Missed the pocket, landed right on the edge of my wooden bed frame, then onto the floor!!!! :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Picked the phone up... with a now, new limited edition white screen, flickering grey lines and what looks like 4 hairline cracks underneath the touch screen :dapprove:

Just called O2... Blatantly trying to bag a free repair/new phone etc.. (bearing in mind I do not have any insurance)

The lady on the phone instructed me to go to my nearest Apple store and let them have a look at it...

So what is the outcome going to be?

severe ass raping for a new screen and what ever else I have damaged...

FOC repair under warranty? (I have had the phone 6months)...

Or they take full responsibility for my accident, give me a new phone and £500 worth of gift vouchers? :eek:

Your thoughts and comments please

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
When i was at the genius bar (you have to book an appointment http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/) this fat guy was saying how when he went mountaineering he fell on his phone, it ended up with the same damage as yours. They made him pay something like £180 for a replacement i think.

EDIT: Btw, you have to book an appointment with the genius bar at your nearest apple store :) you get a one on one with an apple technician person who will guide you through the options :)

Also, i really wanna work at apple :( lol off topic much.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
buy a screen of the bay and fit it yourself you n00b. if all else fails il give you £100for it

A red missile
Shame, was expecting this ;)

[youtube]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qg1ckCkm8YI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qg1ckCkm8YI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm I am with llodys TSB, how does that cover my iPhone for damage?!?!?
certain accounts (i have a platinum) give you free phone insurance as part of the account benefits, think you also get it with a gold account, not sure about silver.

I still don't see how this happens. I treat my iphone like utter s**t and nearly 3 years on it's still working. I mean i played catch with it when drunk across a park and it lived fine.

Unlucky dude.

340i
ahhh no gold card for me :(

Well it worked out cheaper for me to purchase a new iPhone / trade in my damaged iPhone one.... £139 from Apple!

Just restoring from my backup file now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
£139 is a fairly good replacement price, almost makes me think I should cancel my o2 insurance and take the risk that I'll never need it. £139 isn't a disasterous amount if I did break it.

A4 Avant
I have the same with halifax, as Lee says there is quite a period of time before cover starts after registering your phone details.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Thats a cheap replacement price.

I done a similair thing and broke my Iphone. Claimed of house insurance and got a cheque for £500 to go and buy a new one.

Banana
It has to be registered with the service, and I believe it's something like 6 weeks before you can make a claim.

I have mine covered on it.

I was told by Lloyds that they dont insure iphones on their premier account because it is a pda, not a phone :S