ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debating a few suble mods to the 200... thoughts please?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing to rave about but what's our thoughts on the KTR carbon end plates for the cup spoiler? Saw a 200 yesterday with KTR stickers on the wingmirrors Reckon it cheapens it? I'm on the fence about it.

Anyone lowered there 200 on springs & got any pics? whats the best set up?

Nissan 350z
If you've got the Cup pack personally i wouldnt mess with the setup as its one of the few redeeming features about it; handling. If you were going to alter it then go the coilover route.

I think the Carbon spoiler tips look great if you can stomach the price, the standard carbon pretend effect plastic is less than impressive by comparison :D

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If you've got the Cup pack personally i wouldnt mess with the setup as its on the few redeeming features about it; handling. If you were going to alter it then go the coilover route.

I think the Carbon spoiler tips look great if you can stomach the price, the standard carbon pretend effect plastic is less than impressive by comparison :D

The end plates on mine have a terrible finish to them!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Plain plates with the smaller front, black centre caps and Silvervisions is a good start.

I've got a 6000k HID ready to go in too... just got to get around to fitting it. :eek:

0872dbfe.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I have plastic lenses tho on my lights wouldn't that be an issue with hids as I don't have the projectors?

Plates look epic, Might look in to getting a set! Silvervision, not to sounds dumb what are they?

Small things add up to make a great car.

Slapping Ktec racing stickers is too in your face.

Everyone loves nice clean plates, silver indicators, HIDs etc. because they are unoffensive but tidies the front end up.

Put a 200 with these next to one without and you will see which looks better.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Small things add up to make a great car.

Slapping Ktec racing stickers is too in your face.

Everyone loves nice clean plates, silver indicators, HIDs etc. because they are unoffensive but tidies the front end up.

Put a 200 with these next to one without and you will see which looks better.

True enough lad. I might have a look in to these silvervisions.

GTD, Lupo
Without blowing my own trumpet i like to think the mods i have done are pretty spot on.

Vinyl on lower section of the front bumper
Projectors + 6k hid and white sidelights
Silvervisions
Carbon exhaust trims
LED white rear number plate lights
Plain number plates
Black badge covers front and back
Satin black centre caps
New style RS gear knob
Front end clear vinyl covered paint shield
Team Heko window thingies

The only one that is a little marmite is the 25mm spacers all round, but i never drive the car on the limit so have never noticed.

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

I do want the carbon end caps but i`m a little more inclined just to get mine sprayed gloss black as they look amazing done.

Winning. Absolutely love yours mate!

Crag has done well with his 197, that's where I saw the 25mm being pulled off best.

On my list:

ktec/Cazan Carbon End plates
Bumper Vinyl
25mm spacers
Dubmeister pressed plates

Then I think I'm done until a later date, but new things always pop up!

Personally I'm unsure on the carbon exhaust rings, because they don't stand out as much as the standard ones.

GTD, Lupo
Spacers ruin the handling, and your rear quarters

Not any problems there as I also have the paint guard of the rear quarter section. Learnt my lesson after my GW one. Like I said I drive it like a car not a race car so never noticed a difference since fitting them.

Its all about being a little different. I have done the sprint spoiler so gave the Chav option a go. Colour wise I didn't have an option being a silverstone.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Carbon end plates would be a good shout.

If I had a 200 I'd get
Silver visions
projectors (pov lights ftl)
H&R springs (after these for my car)
20mm front 25mm rear spacers( I hear mixed reviews on these so I may as well try them out :))
Front bumper vinyl

You could be a boss and send your front bumper insert to Chris Powell to get carboned ;)

GTD, Lupo
Carbon end plates would be a good shout.

If I had a 200 I'd get
Silver visions
projectors (pov lights ftl)
H&R springs (after these for my car)
20mm front 25mm rear spacers( I hear mixed reviews on these so I may as well try them out :))
Front bumper vinyl

You could be a boss and send your front bumper insert to Chris Powell to get carboned ;)

Thats a good shout with front insert. They are only £80 new from Renault do good idea.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Some lovely looking ones in here

Clean plates make a huge difference

Fiesta ST200
Personally. Get a different set of plates, silver visions (which I am yet to do, sorry!), LED interior lights and number plate lights as well as side lights. And of course as chris mentioned, the black centre caps.

I know yours is one of the few pearl white ones, too. So here is some inspiration;

5uquza5e.jpg

uzasu2e5.jpg

unynu3y6.jpg

ja4a8u4e.jpg

Last, but not least. One of these:

zymu3e6a.jpg

Fiesta ST200
Each to their own :) they are domed plastic. Look neat in person.

Either completely plain, or pressed.

GTD, Lupo
I thought this as well.

What happens to the arches?

Due to the wheels pretruding that little bit more from the arch the rear arch just in front of the rear wheel takes a little bit more of a battering. I had some spats made up so have not really noticed any damage as of yet. As for the wider track, im sure the cup racers have a wider track than the road version. I would imagine a difference is only spotted when the car is on the limit. No difference with day to day driving.

S3, Polo
Gorms, your car looks epic, except for the spoiler (marmite). IMO.

The black roof and vinyl on the front end transforms how I feel about the 200. (And I never thought I'd say this regarding the 200 but: Want).

GTD, Lupo
Gorms, your car looks epic, except for the spoiler (marmite). IMO.

The black roof and vinyl on the front end transforms how I feel about the 200. (And I never thought I'd say this regarding the 200 but: Want).

Cheers Ben. The vinyl almost makes the front end bearable. Alex the pics on page one are with spacers on.

Fiesta ST200
Fail.

Cheers I got it, didn't read the first page! Haha.

I'm now decided on rear spacers and lowering springs.

@Gorms, how thick are your spacers in mm?

GTD, Lupo
@Gorms, how thick are your spacers in mm?

They are 25mm on each side, i would suggest going for 16mm max if you are thinking of fitting springs. You will get rubbing if the spacers are too wide. Im going for the 30mm Eibach pro springs at the end of the year so will be removng the spacers or fitting smaller ones.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the replys! I too have the front end on mine vinyl wrapped, also got a little flag on my spoiler ( not as sh*t as it sounds ) :L

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Centre of spoiler, on the guard sticker for the aerial I have it red white & blue. Both terrible pics but all I've got at the mo.

200pearl.JPG Clio Rear.JPG

Attachments

• pearl200.JPG
    pearl200.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 136