ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on 197??

PH2 172
Ha anyone put a Decat on there 197 with the standard exhaust system. If so did it make much difference in power and will it work ok with standard system? And has anyone got any videos with it on?? as iv got a chance to buy a Decat but unsure if it will Mess up the car etc.​

ValverInBits
My 182'd 172 felt much better round the top end. Like there was some resistance removed from the high end of the revs.
The second lambda sensor will probably throw an emissions light up onto the dash. Could leave it out but still plugged in and you wouldnt get a light.

Renaultsport Clio 197 F1
I've recently put my yozzasport exhaust system with decat on my R27and it seems to rev more freely at higher revs now.

John

172 5HED
I lost torque w/o a cat, much better now its back on! Cost me less than 2BHP! Not worth it IMO

Renault Clio RS 197
Ive got my 197 running an ITG maxogen induction kit, and totally wiped out the second catylyst and mid box with straight through pipe.
It has incresed top end revs, although I currently hit a flat spot at around 2500rpm which I was aware of before carrying out the work.
I have it booked it to have an ECU remap in a few weeks which is supposed to cut out that flat spot.
It sounds well, really raspy, perticulary if you open her up, but it can be driven and sounds totally standard which is what I wanted rather than a constant droan of an exhaust system.
I have tie-wrapped the lamda sensor, which is still plugged in, meaning it is getting clean air, resulting in no lights :D

172 5HED
Ive got my 197 running an ITG maxogen induction kit, and totally wiped out the second catylyst and mid box with straight through pipe.
It has incresed top end revs, although I currently hit a flat spot at around 2500rpm which I was aware of before carrying out the work.
I have it booked it to have an ECU remap in a few weeks which is supposed to cut out that flat spot.
It sounds well, really raspy, perticulary if you open her up, but it can be driven and sounds totally standard which is what I wanted rather than a constant droan of an exhaust system.
I have tie-wrapped the lamda sensor, which is still plugged in, meaning it is getting clean air, resulting in no lights :D

None of that worked for me but fair play!!

Is it the full ITG kit?? Most I know that fitted it the STD location lost power!!:S

Renault Clio RS 197
yeah its the full kit, will be interesting to have a rolling road session, see what has happened to be honest.
Apart from the flat spot that arrives at more or less dead on 2500rpm, it seems absolutely fine, if anything there does seem to be that little bit more power

172 5HED
yeah its the full kit, will be interesting to have a rolling road session, see what has happened to be honest.
Apart from the flat spot that arrives at more or less dead on 2500rpm, it seems absolutely fine, if anything there does seem to be that little bit more power

I would RR it with the kit and wothout mate and see!!

We couldnt map thye flatspot out of mine!!! With the full kit, do you remove the vac pipe that goes to the right of the inlet manifold and disconect the sensors to the right of the battery??

Renault Clio RS 197
Yeah you do, was an absolute pain in the backside to do if im been deadly honest. I could of done with RR it before I fitted it, and then after, as it will be a nightmare to replace the standard airbox as there is such little room to play with as im sure your well aware!

172 5HED
Yeah you do, was an absolute pain in the backside to do if im been deadly honest. I could of done with RR it before I fitted it, and then after, as it will be a nightmare to replace the standard airbox as there is such little room to play with as im sure your well aware!

Aye, hmm at least I have done the right thing removing the vac pipe etc!!

Did you disconnect the sensor on the right then?? I unplugged mine and taped off the connector!