ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat on a 2001 Clio - is it ok

Is it possible to decat a newer Clio with a straightforward cat replacement pipe, or do the lambda fuel sensors behind the cat cause problems? I dont know much about this, will taking the cat off remove the actual sensors, or will it just cause thm to play up cos theyre not getting a proper signal??

Im gonna get a custom decat pipe made up in a couple of weeks time, and I just wanted to check that this was going to be ok to do??

Cheers folks.

Well, I looked into getting it from K-Tec, but they dont do a decat for the 1.2 16v, and their 172 decat costs over a ton which is well pricey! Ive been quoted £40 to get a stainless custom one made on the car locally, I just needed to know whether to go ahead and do this, or whether it was going to cause me huge problems.