ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decision on wheels sizes

ep2
yeah...but it goes so much slower now with these wheels....all thou its slow anyways...but would prefer to be quicker on the odd start... and i do miss the od wheel spins....

RenaultSport 197
Dude, it's a 1.2.. It's sh*t slow anyway.. 17's tbh only knocks a couple of seconds of your acceleration anyway. Those wheels match your car a treat.. If you want better speed and acceleration, get a 182/ 172 mate.

15s are where its at on the 1.2 16vs, mine handles like a hero and im still on standard suspension. 17s bollox the handling, they look good, but a lowered 1.2 on 15s is great fun, just ask Martin89.

1.6 16v
15s are where its at on the 1.2 16vs, mine handles like a hero and im still on standard suspension. 17s bollox the handling, they look good, but a lowered 1.2 on 15s is great fun, just ask Martin89.

Second that! 15s are mint

Steve

C

Clio_Craig

lol this arguement is always gonna go on because as doug said its a 1.2 16v, they are slow and having a set of 17s doesnt make a massive differerence

Clio 182
I'm thinking of getting the Pro 1.2 wheels for my black 182, but same problem what size to go for? I don't want to lose any performance. What do people think?

ep2
think i might as well just get a set of 15's just to ce wats it like.....just wounderin does any1 have pic of 15 lowered 60mm...

Breaking A 172 Replica
15's all the way.

A 1.2 might be quite slow compared to larger engine sizes but they are still really good fun. You don't want to ruin that by fitting 17s IMO.

I think 16s is a good compromise between looks, handling and tyre cost.

Sam

1.6 16v
Heres mine back on 15's :D

076-SMALL.jpg

074-SMALL.jpg

I need new tyres and dont know whether to go 195/45/15's and get spacers???

What do you think?

17's are for sale!

151SMALL.jpg

Steve

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
depends what you want, performance wise 15"s will be better for you, plus it'll ride better and the speedo will be more accurate.

17's look the part but there's no other benefit to having them, tyres cost more, they weigh more etc.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
TBH the 17's look pretty good on your clio, but I would try and get a nice set of 16's with a low profile tyre to get as close as you can to the orginal size 15's + balloon tyres.