ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Defected to Ze Germans...

Titanium 182
Am sold!

Seats do it for me all day.

I couldn't give a shift if it was a 1.0, as long as its got those seats your laughing :)

Only unhappy comment I would make is the colour, needs to be white red or blue man :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Lovely car, pure class.

Agree with Christopher entirely!

This ^^^^^ Would love One of these PERFECT SPEC !! (apart from cruise) remap and milltek 300 plus easy :approve:

Hold there money Real well too especially with that spec hows it compare to megane performance wise IYO ?

BMW M135i
Still getting on great with it, so well infact i'm not actually sure I could go back to a 250/265 like i semi planned to do. Driven my Mum's 1.6 Meg 3 and the interior is horrible in comparison, I didn't used to get the whole build quality thing but now i've had it I do.

The actual drive is fine, its ultra competant took me a while to get used to powering out of corners at maximum attack but it still hasn't got old yet. No matter what the conditions as long as you don't expect it to defy physics you can still go balls out if you want to with total ease. I <3 4wd (even if it is haldex).

Oh and people don't think you're a chav turning up in it.

Really impressed with the 2.0 TFSi lump, makes a decent noise for a 4 banger, loves to rev and great turbo torque. Only reservation i've had in maybe I should've given a DSG one a shot but i'm still not convinced it'd be great until the novelty wore off. Could do with borrowing one for a week, going to see if I can wangle one as a courtesy car when it gets serviced next.

Had to replace the front top mounts due to creaking and the low pressure side fuel pressure sensor but thats a common 07/08 problem with a flawed sensor design. Both were very reasonbly priced, similar to the bits I got for an intermediate service too.

Not really changed anything mod wise other than SDS and cruise, plan is currently to change the flywheel/clutch in the spring for a LuK DMF and a Sachs 550nm and go stage 1. On the look out for an intake kit at the moment so I can sack the engine cover airbox off.

So yeh life after RenaultSport isn't so bad.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
After having the V6 in Dsg i'd certainly opt for the Dsg box. It's simply fantastic and so effortless to use in that kind of car.

On the 2.0 Litre we had a new TT in work with a Milltek and it sounded better than the standard 2.5T in the TTRS. Weird I know with it being a 5pot. Didn't even sound as good as a Focus ST/RS.

Anyway, superb machine, try a Dsg at some point.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Can I just say Turner is right. MK4 platform cars are NOT and I repeat NOT drivers cars. MK5 Platform though, awesome and for true winners. Hi. Love the Recaros.

No Tartan though? Shame.

An orange one
Epic car mate, how many miles has it done?

2 of my mates have them, one is standard power and got 65k from original clutch and the others is mapped and the clutch is slipping badly at 25k, so be wary that of you map it up, an uprated clutch is a must!

S3 / rs3 for me next, keep toying with selling the Vee and just getting an RS3...but know I love the Vee too much :( 545 miles this year seems daft

I am using a dsg sportback version at the moment on an 09 plate,

very nice car but the only 2 things that let it down in my opinion are the seats ( this one has the normal ones and not the buckets and they just look a bit plastic and not upto standard for an s3) And the other is the fuel economy, i have nothing to gauge it against really as i have been driving a civic type r fn2 and a 4.2 toyota landcruiser, but the s3 seems to be the worst out of them both.

It could just be that ive been driving it a bit harder then the others but i got 210 - 220 miles to £90 around town, i will get some pics up later of it.

BMW M135i
Epic car mate, how many miles has it done?

2 of my mates have them, one is standard power and got 65k from original clutch and the others is mapped and the clutch is slipping badly at 25k, so be wary that of you map it up, an uprated clutch is a must!

S3 / rs3 for me next, keep toying with selling the Vee and just getting an RS3...but know I love the Vee too much :( 545 miles this year seems daft

Not really changed anything mod wise other than SDS and cruise, plan is currently to change the flywheel/clutch in the spring for a LuK DMF and a Sachs 550nm and go stage 1. On the look out for an intake kit at the moment so I can sack the engine cover airbox off.
Got it covered ;). Done 46k, original clutch and flywheel.

S4 Avant
Audi interiors are awesome. You have to live with one to understand it. Nothing flexes or creaks when you go round bends or over bumps.

Although Im glad I have the V6 to inject a bit of soul into it.

clio 172
Brings back memorys of my 220+ bhp A3 1.8 Turbo

20120313_134322.jpg

20120313_134243.jpg

just wasnt to keen on the interior

clio 172
yup your right there colinG was to cold in winter no heating in them but side airbags god knows who wanted that coulor but alot of folk said they liked it lol i would of like black leather :)
Jeeeeezzzzzz that interior is dreadful!!!!!

BMW M135i
Just managed to nab a BINB Sachs Racing orgasmic clutch for £360 on ebay, just need to pick an LuK DMF and new slave cylinder and i'm on a one way trip to stage 1 :D.

Unfortuantely, I need a new steering rack (£1kish) aswell. Lovely :dead:.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just managed to nab a BINB Sachs Racing orgasmic clutch for £360 on ebay, just need to pick an LuK DMF and new slave cylinder and i'm on a one way trip to stage 1 :D.

Unfortuantely, I need a new steering rack (£1kish) aswell. Lovely :dead:.

1k wow WHY hasnt done that many miles has it ?

BMW M135i
1k wow WHY hasnt done that many miles has it ?
46k but its a common fault with the Gen2 rack the internal bushings wear and it slops about. Audi won't acknowledge it as a problem though obviously as they'd have to do something about it.

PAS motor is on the rack not the column so it pushes the price up a lot.

What MPG are you getting? A mate of mine sold his as even granny shifting he couldnt get 30mpg.

BMW M135i
High 20s according to roadtrip, same as the megane really nothing to worry over too much. Will do 35 on a motorway run.

BMW M135i
Christmas has arrived.

8267646204_591dfaf685_b.jpg

Yes, please ;).
8266581171_03c78ec036_b.jpg

8267648930_7bc57cd675_b.jpg

8266580585_78613f5a06_b.jpg

8267646832_6ebc2749b6_b.jpg

Also stumbled accross this on eBay for 1/4 of the price audi want. Did well I feel.

8266578429_a4bc0220a1_b.jpg

So just a DMF, Slave and some decent weather to order now.

Snotter's
Did you buy the car from a main dealer? I had my steering rack done under warranty aswell as the clutch on my s3.

Worth a call?

BMW M135i
Wasn't from a main dealer and its almost 5 years old, I can't imagine they would be interested in the slightest. Also I don't want another standard clutch.

If it were in warrenty then it'd be worth letting them doing it, the clutch doesn't slip anyway but the flywheel is a little noisey and I want it stage 1 proof.

Snotter's
Thats why i asked where you purchased it from as a main dealer would honour it. If you uprating the clutch you may aswell go stage 2 all you need is an intake circa £300, downpipe circa £250 and a hpfp for £400 plus the cost of mapping then your at 350bhp.

Turbos.
Nice cars, just struggle to see why you'd opt for an S3 over a Golf R, although maybe the Golf was out at that age? Not sure...

So do you need a clutch upgrade for Stage 1 or is it precautionary? I have DSG with Stage 1 Map (+ DSG Map) and was told there would be no problems... and it does 0-60 in 4.1 (on a VBOX)!

BMW M135i
Nice cars, just struggle to see why you'd opt for an S3 over a Golf R, although maybe the Golf was out at that age? Not sure...

So do you need a clutch upgrade for Stage 1 or is it precautionary? I have DSG with Stage 1 Map (+ DSG Map) and was told there would be no problems... and it does 0-60 in 4.1 (on a VBOX)!

Golf R didn't come along until a lot later I believe, would put it above what I was prepared to spend.

A new oem clutch will last so long on stage 1 some people have managed better than that but they always fail in the end, Audi penny pinching means there isn't much overhead in it for tuning. The DSG is fine to stage 2+ iirc after that the clutch packs need replacing which something stronger, kind of wish i'd bought a DSG one instead some times but I don't know how i'd feel after the novelty had worn off.

The DMF is rather on the noisey side anyway which is why i'm replacing the lot, no point in doing a half arsed job imo and if i'm having the box off I may as well take the oppertunity to uprate. If there wasn't a problem I wouldn't be bothering doing any of this, i'm just a victim of circumstance (or so i keep telling the mrs!).

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

4.1s to 60???