ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Defected to Ze Germans...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
They do the 193 unit 2012 unit with sds.... Think it's the 193 b unit... I got the 193g with glos frame and silver knobs, then had to get an a4 surround and swap it all over, the speed and the res of the screen are a big improvement, if you put a reverse camera on yours will show you guide lines that bend and you turn the wheel etc too :) plus the audi iPod glove box unit actually let's you browse playlists etc on the screen :) but it gets expensive! Just retrofitted bluetooth on mine too was a big ball ache!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
8367386663_e0b6457bf2_b.jpg

Did you have to cut the drop link?

I hate those things!

Mine was fine on a stage II map, but its S-Tronic so I think they take the torque a bit better. Not 100% though. My map is off now but I do miss it!

BMW M135i
Oh yes fvcking things,bloody no chance of getting them off with the spline fixing to hold them (worst fixing ever). I'd bought new ones before I started knew i'd be cutting them off, even the new ones were bloody tight to do up so no surprises they're impossible to get off once they've been on for a while.

Apparently the DSG clutch pack is good to 400ft.lb or so before it needs messing with.

Got it all back together this afternoon, everyone who told me the Sachs feels just like a standard one is a liar. Its either heavier or i've forgotten what it was like driving a fiesta for a week.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Cool, map time then!

This was mine when I had the map. Wouldn't recommend bluefin for the s3 though.

It's was lashing down when I did the runs! Love the 4wd grip! Only a slight spin on launch

<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/5Evp-CqB_yw

BMW M135i
Thinking of going with the Shark at the moment, fancy the remote box concept like I had with the Megane. APR switchable has tempted me though.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Nice cars, just struggle to see why you'd opt for an S3 over a Golf R, although maybe the Golf was out at that age? Not sure...

So do you need a clutch upgrade for Stage 1 or is it precautionary? I have DSG with Stage 1 Map (+ DSG Map) and was told there would be no problems... and it does 0-60 in 4.1 (on a VBOX)!

<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/d3bDkTmVwXs

The golf has the same running gear and engine as the S3

The custom code remap claims to get you to 62 in 4.13 seconds

I think this is mainly due to the raised limiter as mine grabs 3rd at about 54mph

BMW M135i
Similar idea, you can get a bluefin for them iirc. Its an obdii remote programming box that quite a few tuners use, it's made by an Italian company afaik and people just put their stickers on the front. It the exact same thing I had from RStuning for the Megane, except it takes about 15 minutes to write a map on the S3 compared to 50 seconds on the Megane.

BMW M135i
Got an R8 Oil Cap for a bit of bay bling, currently trying to decent whether to order a TTS engine cover or not.

9256892520_4e18ab7541_b.jpg

9256892364_b9dfbe8f66_b.jpg

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
Just a quick one before I can get some time to do a decent one. Was a bit worried it might be too loud being the non-res but seems to be ok. Downpipe and sports cat and stage 2 next then :eek:. Oh and order a tts engine cover like I keep meaning too.

[video=youtube_share;CeVD5p4ycBQ]http://youtu.be/CeVD5p4ycBQ[/video]

Fair play to you for fitting that on axel stands..lol
Piece of piss tbh, took about half an hour or so. Much easier when you don't go over the top of the rear axle ala renault, also helps its a perfect fit no pissing about aligning needed.