ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Defected to Ze Germans...

Toureg vW Transporte
I love these cars. I had a dolphin grey one on the bbs split rims. I loved it, really comfortable, usable day to day, and quiet a weapon even with a mong like me behind the wheel!! We did 25k trouble free miles in ours before the wife hid her pill packet and got pregnant. It just wouldn't of been great with a kid so I sold it. Still miss it.

Toureg vW Transporte
Gally, yes she does. It was a 3 door, not a sportback. Moaned about fuel and it hurt her back leaning into the back seat.
Maybe I need A drink of man up!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gally, yes she does. It was a 3 door, not a sportback. Moaned about fuel and it hurt her back leaning into the back seat.
Maybe I need A drink of man up!!!

Lols! I own a V6 TT, my opinion is void, I just love the 8P. My OH doesn't have any input into cars per se, the little girl loves it also!

Toureg vW Transporte
And i should think the v6 is worse on juice than the s3!!Mmm I now have a dirty battle bus. Maybe one day I will own another Clio 16v!!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That "Imperial Blue" colour Audi do Danny is immense. One RS3 and one S3 local to me in that colour. Stunning!

BMW M135i
Sprint?

994906-S3side2.jpg

38.jpg

7967742138_c0a9a40ba9_c.jpg

Was within a deposit of buying one in that colour.

Snotter's
Nice cars, just struggle to see why you'd opt for an S3 over a Golf R, although maybe the Golf was out at that age? Not sure...

So do you need a clutch upgrade for Stage 1 or is it precautionary? I have DSG with Stage 1 Map (+ DSG Map) and was told there would be no problems... and it does 0-60 in 4.1 (on a VBOX)!

s3 was out long before the golf r (around 4 years) now the new s3 is out you certainly wouldn't pick the golf r. DSG boxes can run big power with no issues.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
2944746.jpg
Sepang blue is the colour Kev, theres an industrial chemist near me with one on MTM wheels...

Attachments

• 2944746.jpg
    2944746.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's the one. Prefer the S3 as I hate the Silver bits on Audis. Needs colour coded!

Great colour.

S4 Avant
That's the one. Prefer the S3 as I hate the Silver bits on Audis.

But how will people know that I am so dedicated to helping the environment by reducing my weight, and therefore emissions, that even my wing mirrors are made of aluminium?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No not those bits. That's S standard. I mean on the new ones, little trims of bumpers front and rear trimmed in Silver, looks poop!

S4 Avant
Oh, in the front bumper? Yeah I've not got those bits.

Modern Audis seem to be very garishly styled. Not helped by Audi owners trying to make them look even worse as well.

BMW M135i
How many miles has the s3 done and the clutch is slipping? .
48k but it isn't slipping, flywheel is a little noisy but that's it. If I want the option of a remap at a later date available to me I need to change it though as it won't last.

And seeing as I needed to change the steering rack thought I might as well do it all at once.

BMW M135i
As low as 13-14k for a low spec high miler, £16-17k+ for a decent mileage and spec. Spec is the difficult bit as most are poverty as the options list is LOL worthy in price and what you (don't) actually get.

BMW M135i
Are they down that low? Was all CAT Ds and the like when I was looking, not that I was actually looking at the pauper spec ones it just wouldn't be the same with the gadgets.

Had a productive day anyway.

8367386663_e0b6457bf2_b.jpg

Untitled by bmh.01, on Flickr

8367387601_4e29ca5ea6_b.jpg

8368453874_da88088751_b.jpg

8368453482_e48712e3e7_b.jpg

Box is back on and on the mounts again now, just got the clutch to bleed, top mounts to swap and stick the subframe back on and i'll be in the right direction.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Not often you see preventative modification!

Lovley stuff!

Are you a mechanic to trade? I gather Audi would want a reach-around and eye contact to do this sort of work?

BMW M135i
I haven't personally enquired but I've heard quotes of £1.5-2k bounded about all in from Audi main dealers.

Nope not a mechanic mining sparky by trade although i've moved up to systems engineer these days (PLCs/SCADA etc), just always had a decent practical mechanical mind.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
U need a 2012 rnse :) best thing I got for my s4.... Apart for my JHM short shift