ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demon Tweeks Failed Customer Service

Gordini 182!
Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with Demon Tweeks and the customer service department and what your views are on them and the company.
At the beginning of January i purchased a Miltek exhaust system, Scorpion cat and x4 PS3 Tyres. As you might guess the order wasn’t cheap however it’s for my baby so i was happy to pay! Demon Tweeks sent the items through Parcel Force tracked delivery. You would probably think sending something tracked would avoid problems... Unfortunately not! The Miltek exhaust went missing :(
I spoke to Demon Tweeks customer service and found that they sent 4 parcels but only used 3 tracking numbers. I'm sure any normal person would think the 4th parcel which didn’t contain a tracking number is therefore untracked. According to Demon Tweeks it is tracked.
After a week of arguing with Luke McNee (yes i have outed him!) i found that they used the same tracking number on two parcels, so when Parcel Force came to scan them it would only scan one parcel and was only able to track one parcel, meaning the parcel with no tracking number went missing. Fear not, i have now finally received the parcel and can now get back to fitting the whole thing to my 182 :)
However i found Luke extremely rude. He didn’t seem to care that i had placed a big order and only received part of it and at one point told me 'Miltek exhaust and Scorpion cat were sent in the same box'. When i sent him the picture I’m showing you guys to prove they definitely were not sent in the same box he then changed his story to the whole 4 parcels with 3 tracking numbers crap.
I requested a refund of £40. To be honest i should have demanded more, after all i did go over a week without half of the items, but thought £40 to cover fuel travelling backwards and forwards to the Rotherham Parcel Force depot would be good enough. Apparently Luke doesn’t agree and is now ignoring my emails!
I have read multiple reviews on Google and by the looks of things there are many people out there that feel the same way i do!

How about you guys? Anyone else had a nightmare ordeal as i did?

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So you’ve had everything and you want a refund?

And no offence but I imagine a big company like them gets much heavier value deals than just some exhausts and tyres

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe so but every order should count. If you get good customer service people are more likly to return and spend more.
I don’t doubt that but you’re demanding money off them and complaining you’re being ignored. I don’t blame them tbh as I think you’re being a little unrealistic.

You’ve had everything you ordered, it was your choice to go to the parcel place they didn’t make you. Demanding £40 (your clio isn’t that uneconomic surely) is trying it on

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I've found their service a bit lacking at times however I had 4 AD08s fitted a whole ago and asked them to keep my old half worn T1R's and I would come back the next week to collect them all but they threw the T1Rs away ! They said the manager would sort it the next day. Rang them up and they admitted it was their fault and sent me 4 new tyres out on next day delivery.

Gordini 182!
I've found their service a bit lacking at times however I had 4 AD08s fitted a whole ago and asked them to keep my old half worn T1R's and I would come back the next week to collect them all but they threw the T1Rs away ! They said the manager would sort it the next day. Rang them up and they admitted it was their fault and sent me 4 new tyres out on next day delivery.
Thats really good, admitting fault and rectifying.

Gordini 182!
I don’t doubt that but you’re demanding money off them and complaining you’re being ignored. I don’t blame them tbh as I think you’re being a little unrealistic.

You’ve had everything you ordered, it was your choice to go to the parcel place they didn’t make you. Demanding £40 (your clio isn’t that uneconomic surely) is trying it on
Good job your not in customer service then lol
Yes i have now received everything i ordered, but took a long time to receive them. I'm not driving the Clio as its off the road.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Good job your not in customer service then lol
Yes i have now received everything i ordered, but took a long time to receive them. I'm not driving the Clio as its off the road.

There’s a good reason I’m not in customer services.

I’d get irritated at people looking for something for f**k all.

Just accept that you won't get any money back from them (and why would you???) and move on.
You've said how crap they were on here, apart from telling it on every place you can think of, there is nothing else you can do.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I doubt anywhere they guarantee delivery and offer to cover your expenses if something fails to arrive in a timely manner.

If you absolutely need something, you go and buy it in person. Buying anything from a distance always has an element of risk.

I see your point about customer service but they're a pretty big operation, if they lose your custom, and that of 10 or 20 of your friends and family they won't even notice.

It's a business, and they're just doing what businesses do to make money.

Time to move on.

Customer services must be struggling to hear you above the noise of the owner's V10 powered GT3 car 😂

Sorry! #anyexcusetopostaGT3

british-gt-rockingham-2016-33-barwell-motorsport-lamborghini-huracan-gt3-jon-minshaw-phil.jpg

Annoying to feel like you're not getting help, or they're simply not responding, but glad you got everything you ordered in the end & the 182 can live on enjoying some fresh parts.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I think the OP is fair enough.. maybe not £40, but the staff sounds a bellend and could have gone out of his way to help instead of talking rubbish.

'I apologise this happened, i've spoke to the parcel company and found it, here is £20 off your next order with us'.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah they're not the most consistent in my experience. I've never had a terrible time with them but have heard other people's accounts.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I think the OP is fair enough.. maybe not £40, but the staff sounds a bellend and could have gone out of his way to help instead of talking rubbish.

'I apologise this happened, i've spoke to the parcel company and found it, here is £20 off your next order with us'.

A gesture of good will should never be expected but thankfully received. And is a sign of good customer service but not a requirement.

This is an attempt at compensation because the OP decided to take a trip in a car somewhere when they didn’t need to then try and get someone else to pay for it just because they went without something for a week.

As above, ordering something to be delivered carries a risk - if you’re that desperate you go and pick that stuff up

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
A gesture of good will should never be expected but thankfully received. And is a sign of good customer service but not a requirement.

This is an attempt at compensation because the OP decided to take a trip in a car somewhere when they didn’t need to then try and get someone else to pay for it just because they went without something for a week.

As above, ordering something to be delivered carries a risk - if you’re that desperate you go and pick that stuff up

I disagree. I agree that it was op's choice to pointlessly go back and forth.. but simply for the inconvenience of the f**k up the staff should have tried harder to solve the issue. In 'today' where most stuff is bought online, it doesn't hurt to have good customer service.. and as you say, a gesture of good will is a sign of good service, so have good customer service and give a gesture of good will! A huge company, £20 isnt going to make a difference to the company but a huge difference to the customer and their opinion of the company.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I disagree. I agree that it was op's choice to pointlessly go back and forth.. but simply for the inconvenience of the f**k up the staff should have tried harder to solve the issue. In 'today' where most stuff is bought online, it doesn't hurt to have good customer service.. and as you say, a gesture of good will is a sign of good service, so have good customer service and give a gesture of good will! A huge company, £20 isnt going to make a difference to the company but a huge difference to the customer and their opinion of the company.
Not if they demand a refund for inconvenience surely?

There’s a marked difference between asking for a gesture of goodwill if it hasn’t already been offered and asking for compensation for something when you’ve actually received everything you ordered imo

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
I have dealt with them over the years and found their service to be on par with the better companies that I have used,try not to let one sales rep ruin your opinion of a company....Demon Tweeks is a massive business so maybe next time if you order from them you will get a sales rep that has sense and knows how to do his job and be attentive to the customers needs and concerns.You have your parts now so try to forget about it and move on...if I am not happy with a company and how they deal with me as a customer i just never use their services again,its very competitive in the parts/retail world i'm sure you will be able to source what you need at another parts provider in the future.SJ.

Ive spent thousands with Tweeks over the years, whether it be in the tyres, motorsport, motorbike or cycles department and have always found the staff helpful, in my personal experience.

However as with most things in life, how you treat people affects how they treat you in return. For example, there was a post on one of the facebook car groups recently (possibly Tracktime) where a guy had bought 4 new tyres, done a full trackday, completely killed the fronts then demanded demon tweeks for a refund, and couldn't understand why he was getting so much grief off people in the comments. He argued they should have lasted longer. They weren't even a track tyre, and his car hadn't been set up for track.