ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dents, HELP needed

Weeman sucks ****

We all get them Im sure, f**king annoying w**kers in car parks that have put dents down the sides on our pride and joy!!

Anyway, I got a quote for some work that needs doing to the bonnet on my cup. This costs £300 with VAT for a respray. I got them to also do a quote for the 4-5 dents down the drivers side and also a large chip. All in all, they want £750 for the lot! This I just cant afford but can stretch to the £300 for the bonnet.

Does anyone know if Chipsaway or anyone else can sort a few little dents out for a decent price, Im sure its not much work to pop them back out, theyre not even scratched.

Any help will be great.

Some companies will charge per panel, and others will charge for each dent seperately. (dont know which ones!, just something to bear in mind when getting quotes) A friend of mine had Chipsaway quote for a small dent and they wanted £75.

Weeman sucks ****

Its really annoying and does need doing for resale really. I wouldnt want it passed on like it is. Guess Im a bit proud.

I know chipsaway are cheap on touch-ups. Cheers CUP8OY.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by dirkdiggler on 12 November 2003

Its really annoying and does need doing for resale really. I wouldnt want it passed on like it is. Guess Im a bit proud.

I know chipsaway are cheap on touch-ups. Cheers CUP8OY.
Theres one near me in telford and they charge £75+vat per pannel.

It doesnt matter if you,ve got four bumps in one and one in the other,its still the same price.I asked this point specifically and thats what the manager told me.

Regards,ian

Dirk ..mines in Chipsaway next week, they quoted £150 for two dents (minor) and a bad repar job on the bonnet which Im pleased with.. basically never park next to people carriers or people with naff cars cos they dont give a to55

Weeman sucks ****

t_sheen,

im actually in beds now but just on the border, i used to live in ware. got mates in hertford.

ive got mixed feelings in here from chipsaway? my boss had a few things done on his car a while back and it was good.

Dent Devils are really good. Charge per panel, think its about £65 + VAT per panel regardles oof how many dents are in that panel

Weeman sucks ****

Great, a chipsaway guy just spoke to had to put me onto a friend of his that only charges £25 a panel. Hope he does a good job.

you must do it by pannel or it will not look right because of the metalic paint. harrats bodyshop is usually reasonable - i have the whole back half or the passenger side resprayed for £90, they cleaned up a chip on the bonnet and some minor scratches to improve it. dont park near vans or anything that looks like a company car either

Where in beds are you mate? Ive been trying to find someone decent and reasonably priced to take a few parking dings out of my door/back wing - joys of previously working for Tesco, ur car gets bashed to buggery!