ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have this, but got bored playing alone. My mate isn't keen on getting the game as he can't dedicate any time to it really, and he's the only person I regularly play my XBone with. It's a shame, as I'd love to get to the end-game raids etc!

Mito Sportiva 135
MArc, add me if you are on Xbone? Alternatively, go on Destiny LFG - there are millions of similar players to you. Last night we needed 1 extra player for a raid and within 2 mins I had about 50 offers!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
MArc, add me if you are on Xbone? Alternatively, go on Destiny LFG - there are millions of similar players to you. Last night we needed 1 extra player for a raid and within 2 mins I had about 50 offers!
Will do mate, what's your GT?

Mito Sportiva 135
Brando M83

I will be doing nightfalls and weekly missions later today I imagine then a run on Crota if there is time

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't do VOG that much mate but add me and I can help you maybe
Otherwise go on Destiny LFG - it's perfect for finding people who want to do the same missions as you!

Mito Sportiva 135
Xur has No Land Beyond again this week. Seriously, this guy is the worst salesman this side of the Milky Way

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha I may do the same, although with the heavy ammo glitch, i've saved loads (I don't feel bad using this exploit since Crota on hard is so glitchy anyway!)

Bounties were the quickest way for me, I got to 24 in less than 2 days. Then after about another 20 hours of play without a single f**king legendary engram/weapon/piece of armour I got bored and haven't played since.

Mito Sportiva 135
Completed Crota on hard again this weekend and got naff all for my efforts - next time!
Did the whole Invective exotic bounty last night so got that now, have the one for pocket infinity next on my list
Need to get a good void heavy too - I have loads of solar ones and 1 OK arc one, so a bit lacking there

GTD, Lupo
I'm starting to give up on this again. The patch has destroyed pvp and I have every exotic I need so can't think of any other reason to play. Even Crota is pointless now as I have the crux and that's the biggest pile of crap in the world.

Mito Sportiva 135
I can see why you would - it is mainly the pursuit of the Gjallahorn which keeps me going. There are other exotics I need too, like Mida, Suros and Red Death, but it is the Gjallahorn which I really need. 500 hours+ of play and still nothing, most my friends have had it several times. The only plus side is it keeps me motivated and hopefully, one day in the future, I'll get it and be able to go mental when I do!
Is the nechrocasm not worth it then? I have the legendary version which I've barely touched - but no sign of the crux yet for me anyway

Mito Sportiva 135
Great raiding last night Gorms. If it wasn't for the glitches, we should have had 2 perfect runs on Crota which is pretty decent. Did you get any good rewards? Should do Atheon at some point this week too if you're up for it - it's a better raid I think, Crota is just a slightly extended 6 man strike I think!
Also, remember to join our clan if you are still interested, Jack is the admin and will add you. Same goes for your friend Jake too of course
I finally got Word of Crota last night so I'm happy with that. Was it you that wanted to get Hunger of Crota? If so, I think you can only get that on normal, which is maybe why you're not getting it?

GTD, Lupo
Yeah good games last night mate. All I got was the stupid crux of Crota again. I'm not too bothered about the hunger of Crota but it is the only one I don't have. I done it twice on normal but didn't get it.

Mito Sportiva 135
You will get it at some point. It's probably not quite as good as the Gjallahorn but not far off. Also, as it is a legendary, you have the added bonus of being able to wield the Icebreaker in your special slot
I still need the vex mythoclast so trying to get people to do VOG with me on hard! It's not that difficult when people know what they are doing, just takes a few runs at it

Mito Sportiva 135
Also, for anyone who is interested, here are some free codes you can enter on the Bungie website for stuff:
Login to your Bungie.net account, and redeem the following codes at their code redemption page to unlock the corresponding bonus. Note: You can obtain the emblems and shaders from the Special Orders Vendor in the Tower.

ResultCode
Grimoire Card

Collector's Card #1 - Class: WarlockYKA-RJG-MH9
Collector's Card #2 - Class: Titan3DA-P4X-F6A
Collector's Card #3 - Class: HunterMVD-4N3-NKH
Collector's Card #4 - Fallen: Riksis, Devil ArchonTCN-HCD-TGY
Collector's Card #5 - Destination: CosmodromeHDX-ALM-V4K
Collector's Card #6 - Enemy: Hive473-MXR-3X9
Collector's Card #7 - Destination: The Ocean Of Storms, MoonJMR-LFN-4A3
Collector's Card #8 - Exotic: GjallarhornHC3-H44-DKC
Collector's Card #9 - Destination: The Tower69P-KRM-JJA
Collector's Card #10 - Exotic: The Last Word69P-VCH-337
Collector's Card #11 - Hive: Ogre69R-CKD-X7L
Collector's Card #12 - Destination: Valley Of Kings, Mars69R-DDD-FCP
Collector's Card #13 - Enemy: The Fallen69R-F99-AXG
Collector's Card #14 - Exotic: Red Death69R-VL7-J6A
Collector's Card #15 - Enemy: Cabal69X-DJN-74V
Collector's Card #16 - Destination: Shattered Coast, Venus6A7-7NP-3X7
Collector's Card #17 - Vex: Minotaur6A9-DTG-YGN
Emblems

Ab AeternoJDT-NLC-JKM
Binding FocusFJ9-LAM-67F
Field Of LightJNX-DMH-XLA
Flames Of Forgotten TruthA7L-FYC-44X
Illusion Of LightJD7-4CM-HJG
Lone Focus, Jagged Edge7CP-94V-LFP
Note Of ConquestX4C-FGX-MX3
Sign Of The Finite7F9-767-F74
The Reflective ProofN3L-XN6-PXF
The Unimagined PlaneX9F-GMA-H6D
Shaders

Double Banshee7MM-VPD-MHP
Oracle 99RXC-9XJ-4MH

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So I finished the story last night (I think, I killed 3 statues in the Black Garden anyway) so what do I do now? I'm level 18...

Mito Sportiva 135
Get to level 20, get better armour and weapons. Once you get to 20 the fun starts, the 'story' is just a warmup mate! It can feel a bit of a grind and some people don't like that but the raids and strikes are great fun and it's addictive trying to get all the best gear

I did the Crota raid with Gorms and a few others last night and even on hard took about an hour start to end. Didn't get anything good for it mind!

The main difference between liking and not liking the game is whether you play on your own or not. Unfortunately none of my mates are gamers so I'm usually solo, which gets boring really quickly.

I fired this up last night for the first time in weeks. Managed to get my hands on a legendary scout rifle and sniper rifle, still no sign of any legendary armour though. Still level 24 FFS.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes. That's the end of the 'campaign' but just keep playing. It starts to get good after level 20.

Get to level 20, get better armour and weapons. Once you get to 20 the fun starts, the 'story' is just a warmup mate! It can feel a bit of a grind and some people don't like that but the raids and strikes are great fun and it's addictive trying to get all the best gear

I did the Crota raid with Gorms and a few others last night and even on hard took about an hour start to end. Didn't get anything good for it mind!

Well I hit level 20 last night, and I'm starting to see what the fuss is about. Really enjoying the game now, and the Vanguard Playlists seem good fun. Once I get my head round the armour thing, I'll be quite happily grinding these higher levels. From what I understand, I'm better off waiting until I'm level 30 before getting the expansion?

Mito Sportiva 135
I would say, if you're thinking of getting the expansion, buy it now rather than later on. For a start you will get a really good new fusion rifle called the Murmur, a quest to get some 33 light gauntlets (although personally I think it's a waste of time, as you can get 33 light armour from the tower vendors, the 36 light armour from the raids is what you are striving for) and loads of other new legendary/exotic weapons, emblems, ships etc.
Also (and I think this is quite cheeky) if the weekly/nightfall strike is Omnigul, which is the DLC strike, you won't be able to do a challenge that week unless you have the DLC
You will be able to level up quicker with the DLC mate so I'd say get it now!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I would say, if you're thinking of getting the expansion, buy it now rather than later on. For a start you will get a really good new fusion rifle called the Murmur, a quest to get some 33 light gauntlets (although personally I think it's a waste of time, as you can get 33 light armour from the tower vendors, the 36 light armour from the raids is what you are striving for) and loads of other new legendary/exotic weapons, emblems, ships etc.
Also (and I think this is quite cheeky) if the weekly/nightfall strike is Omnigul, which is the DLC strike, you won't be able to do a challenge that week unless you have the DLC
You will be able to level up quicker with the DLC mate so I'd say get it now!
Cool, I think I'll download it tonight

Mito Sportiva 135
Definitely do that. I've also started using Destiny LFG on a few occassions when my clan/others I play with aren't online for the nightfall. Probably wouldn't use for a raid but it's good to know it's there

Gorms/Stimpy - up for some more raiding this week mate? Smashed it on Crota this week

Been playing this a bit more recently, trying to grind out Tiger Strikes to get some Vanguard marks to buy a legendary helmet and/or chest piece. Currently a smidgen off lvl 27 but ascendant materials are hard to come by to upgrade my gauntlets/leg armour. The only two legendary drops I've got are both for a warlock and I'm a titan. Livid.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get to level 23 tonight, doing the Wolf Strikes. Loving this game at the moment!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't played the game in weeks. When is house of wolves out?

I actually got that bored with my PS4 that last week I built a new gaming rig and went back to my roots.

Mito Sportiva 135
HoW is out Q2, no specified date so could be April, May or June. Personally I don't mind a bit of a wait as means they are hopefully putting in some good content
Had a productive weekend, got the Red Death (from Xur), FINALLY completed my Pocket Infinity bounty and got the Vex Mythoclast at last
Still no Gjallahorn though! I will keep hunting
Gorms did very well again with the sword last night, kudos to you sir!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Level 32 on Tuesday.
I have to agree with you around the dynamics of this game. It took me a while, but now I'm into it, I can see how good it actually is.

You lot were also correct re: the game getting better after level 20.

Mito Sportiva 135
Good and addictive. People criticise it for being repetitive but I actually think there is a lot to do with all the challenges and stuff. I've started doing the Vault of Glass raid on hard again as I only did normal before Crota's End came out. Now I have all the new raid weapons and armour, I'm trying to collect all the old raid armour - plus a chance of more exotic drops on there too
Gorms is also the best in the world with the relic, apparently... :)
I've got 530 hours or so in the game, which is quite low compared to some (several people I play with have 1,000+ which is pretty impressive/alarming as it only came out in September!)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Going to fire this up again today... still not done the first raid ever. Anyone fancy helping me through it later on? Xbox One btw.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, I've bought the DLC but it doesn't appear to have linked to Destiny.. rebooted the box (and Destiny) a few times but it's still prompting me to buy it again. FFS.

Edit: Fixed. Some massive patch for GTAV was stopping it downloading.. not that the Xbox ever tells me when it's updating anything. Piece of s**t.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
If I do VOG I'll do it on hard mate - if you go on Destiny LFG there will be loads of people on there you can run with. Be patient, VOG is much longer and more puzzle elements than Crota