ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

I've tried on Talk Talk, the one at work (Not sure which) and BT, as well as the Uni internet.

Don't I look desperate!

Another note, that doesn't surprise me tbh JD, that place is full of jobsworth a**eholes ready to take down threads.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Plusnet for me. Runs great. BT at work runs great. It's a DW problem.

I managed to sign in this morning. Didn't get any further than that. Seems a tad better when i'm not actually signed in.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I heard they saw your hair and decided enough was enough.

But really, why not give JD your login details and see if it works for him? It could be a user specific problem or similar.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
they're not really colour specific TBH, depends on budget, expected durability, requirement of finish, current condition of paint etc

depending on what white, sealants can work well. for a basic easy to use combo, Autoglym SRP topped with either EGP or HD wax, or Autofinesse tripple all in one with toughcoat sealant over the top

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Used the P21 pre wax cleanser last night on the roof, is very nice to use by hand, fills quite nicely too. looked nice and glossy but didn't really allow for much flake pop.

topped with glasur now that I've bought a 2nd hand pot, so my zymol starter wax kit of carbon, titanium and concours including my glasur sample along with a few other bits will be in the 'others for sale' shortly

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Used the P21 pre wax cleanser last night on the roof, is very nice to use by hand, fills quite nicely too. looked nice and glossy but didn't really allow for much flake pop.

topped with glasur now that I've bought a 2nd hand pot, so my zymol starter wax kit of carbon, titanium and concours including my glasur sample along with a few other bits will be in the 'others for sale' shortly

Interested in the Carbon and Concours.

Pm Me with more info.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
they're the 2oz tubs I think of the carbon, titanium and concours, Glasur is either 30 or 50ml. used very little of the carbon, concours and glasur as they've only done half a car max. Titanium was used to do a full car so still loads in there, maybe 80% or more. Concours is by far my favourite but wasn't paying £170 for a full pot, and a used pot of glasur came up so jumped in. Will get a for sale thread up by the end of the week, but will post a link in here should anyone be interested.

Bumder With A Buffer
Plusnet for me. Runs great. BT at work runs great. It's a DW problem.

I managed to sign in this morning. Didn't get any further than that. Seems a tad better when i'm not actually signed in.

No that wasn't what I was getting at

What I was getting at is that certain providers sometimes have issues with talking to other servers etc on different ports. So whilst its not necessarily a problem your end it could be DW end due to whatever there host is using.

But both of you are on different providers so nowt to worry about.

they're the 2oz tubs I think of the carbon, titanium and concours, Glasur is either 30 or 50ml. used very little of the carbon, concours and glasur as they've only done half a car max. Titanium was used to do a full car so still loads in there, maybe 80% or more. Concours is by far my favourite but wasn't paying £170 for a full pot, and a used pot of glasur came up so jumped in. Will get a for sale thread up by the end of the week, but will post a link in here should anyone be interested.

Interested in the Concours, I really need to get some stuff up for sale!

Titanium 182
Don't know why it's took me 3 years to by a pressure washer and snow foam hose, but by god it's good!

Best thing I have bought.

Zaino man - but I think am gonna try some of the AB stuff

Bumder With A Buffer
m just about to give the car a quick going over and prep before I go off to deepest darkest Wales.

I want to go over the bonnet with Lime prime as have a couple of minor scratches i want rid of, which 3m pad should I use, yellow or blue?

Haven't used these pads since I bought them a year ago :O

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I had a go at machining my Focus today. Never again. Hated every minute of it. Only did one pannel and fired it back in the bag lol.

Used Sonüs SFX-2 and a Megs W8207 pad (using a G220 btw). Did the rear quarter and the polish was a mare to get off. So clearly I've misunderstood guides or read it wrong. Actually thought I'd marked the paint for a minute. Quick wipe over with some SRP and all was back to normal. Confidence was shot by then so yeah, back in the bag it went and I just did the car with SRP by hand. On the plus side the pannel did look a lot better.

Where did I go wrong? Wrong pad? Wrong polish? Wrong everything? I won't be doing it again anyway. I'm just curious.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It can be a long process. I find that breaking panels up into sections with tape is the best idea. You can see where you've been working. And if you're actually correcting or not.

What didn't you like about it?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It was probably more nerves than hate. You hear about horror stories and what can go wrong. I think that was constantly in my mind. I wasn't relaxed which resulted in me not enjoying it.

I'll watch a few more videos but it's not something I'll be trying again next week anyway.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I see. Buy an old bonnet maybe to have a practise on then maybe.

Once you get the technique right, you will love the results.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just bring it to me Scott. The amount you spent on shiz I would have done it twice! ;)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Lol. I'm laughing, because deep down I know I'll probably end up doing just that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just jesting mate it's not easy unless you're in a routine. I've been there!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wooooah there Chapster a grand don't come for free innit! ;)

e92 330i
I had my second go with a DA using a finishing pad and PB black hole, and just 2 passes. Results were awsome on my gf's black golf, she even noticed! Really good results on a DA. Topped with AF tough coat, first time using that too, looks great but I'm still a wax person.

Question, how long should you leave TC? I let it go white and it buffed off with no effort.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I would normally apply it to every panel than back to the first to start removing. doesn't need long as you say once it's dried to a haze it's ready. I did purposefully leave it on a panel and was still no issue to remove.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
G1 is best mate, don't bother with anything else. Look on youtube for the application video. It's a superb product.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Can anyone recommend some good products and a good washing procedure to clean and protect a fabric convertible roof? I have seen Gtechniq have a specific product.

I was thinking just a wash with APC and a soft brush then PW off and apply protection.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've used GTechniq W2 and I1 for cleaning and sealing soft tops, seemes to work pretty well. Just scrub the W2 in with a firm brush and rinse thoroughly, then once dry applied plent of I1

P.s. where's JD?
Your inbox is full