ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Gave my niece’s first car a going over last weekend. Washed and decontaminated then quick machine polish with Angelwax Enigma AIO. Waxed with Bilt Hamber, tyres and all external plastics with Gtechniq T1.

781B4289-CF62-4838-9B66-53A48B49FE62.jpeg
51D7B0F4-4B1D-4A9C-95EC-EAA205DE26B2.jpeg
378E58F0-0C2B-49AA-9995-4897FC37995D.jpeg
4DA821C8-AC4E-4CD5-AA62-FDFF8FA0261C.jpeg
49E03477-653E-47A5-8A5A-344052AFD679.jpeg
28BF8069-524A-4E75-9FF9-C50324A3BB3B.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gloss:
View attachment 1461616
View attachment 1461620

Flake:
View attachment 1461618

It’s been SO long since I spent this much time on a car. Ceramic coatings kinda killed it for me.
Nothing cleans silver or white like Prime. Nothing has or will ever compete with that product.

I remember doing a filthy golf GTi in white before and it's probably the most satisfying clean I've done, prime just transformed the car.

I had a few mil left in a bottle and Ali says he has some in his mum and dad's garage in Helens borough that he keeps promising me!

I'm.temoted to try the Carlac stuff just to see if it's decent. I miss the werkstat combos.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Nothing cleans silver or white like Prime. Nothing has or will ever compete with that product.

I remember doing a filthy golf GTi in white before and it's probably the most satisfying clean I've done, prime just transformed the car.

I had a few mil left in a bottle and Ali says he has some in his mum and dad's garage in Helens borough that he keeps promising me!

I'm.temoted to try the Carlac stuff just to see if it's decent. I miss the werkstat combos.

I still have half a bottle, love the stuff.

Any idea why they stopped manufacturing it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't remember what Rich at PB told me. More of Carlac eating them up and making one company really. Werkstat was probably a small scale compared with Carlac in Europe.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I can't remember what Rich at PB told me. More of Carlac eating them up and making one company really. Werkstat was probably a small scale compared with Carlac in Europe.

Shame...no like for like products out there?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
On the topic of machine polishing. How do you guys feel about polishing outside?

Not got access to the usual garage so it's the driveway. Obviously full decon first then just go for it? Still need to test pad and compound combo. Would it be wise to just prep the bonnet and try and achieve correction first?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve still got a small amount of Werkstatt Acryllic Jett in the garage. No idea if it’s okay, but I always held off using it just in case it never came back.

Clio 172 Cup
On the topic of machine polishing. How do you guys feel about polishing outside?

Not got access to the usual garage so it's the driveway. Obviously full decon first then just go for it? Still need to test pad and compound combo. Would it be wise to just prep the bonnet and try and achieve correction first?
I do all my work outside mate it’s not as good as being inside but if weathers decent you will reet

Clio 172 Cup
Think I was just worried about anything flying onto the panel. I'll give the bonnet a go with megs ultimate compound and a nice calm pad and see how I go. Mondays job!
I got a polisher and a mini polisher too I just experiment with different products and see what brings it up best. I am no pro mate but it’s fun doing it and u will see results

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I got a polisher and a mini polisher too I just experiment with different products and see what brings it up best. I am no pro mate but it’s fun doing it and u will see results
Cheers for the tips. I've only got a big one so larger panels first! The swirls arent that bad as it's only 4 years old but shes seen some car washes that's for sure! 🙃

Clio 172 Cup
My mate who’s got a body shop recommended the menerza compound followed by the menerza super finish then a coat of wax that bought my cup up amazing altho I don’t think I got the pad combo exactly right

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Think I was just worried about anything flying onto the panel. I'll give the bonnet a go with megs ultimate compound and a nice calm pad and see how I go. Mondays job!
Judge it on the day. It its breezy and there's bits of tree flying about then give ti a miss but if its still and the temp is above the dew point then crack on.
Just be sure to inspect each panel for dust etc before you start.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Shame...no like for like products out there?
If you email PB they will recommend the closest! I think Carlac complete is the new "prime". Prime did have sealant properties, hence why it was an amazing base product.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My mate who’s got a body shop recommended the menerza compound followed by the menerza super finish then a coat of wax that bought my cup up amazing altho I don’t think I got the pad combo exactly right

I use the menerza stuff with DAS pro and different pads. Really easy to use and gets excellent results. My other go too is AG SRP by hand.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I shampood, clayed, shampood again, AG SRPd, and Collinite 476d my bonnet and roof yesterday and this morning. All seemed good, panels felt super silky, but under this morning's climbing sun I noticed this. Can't feel it, can barely see it, but these watermarks are very much there.

How do I get rid?

IMG_20200329_101613.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
I shampood, clayed, shampood again, AG SRPd, and Collinite 476d my bonnet and roof yesterday and this morning. All seemd good, panels felt super silky, but under this morning's climbing sun I noticed this. Can't feel it, can barely see it, but these watermarks are very much there.

How do I get rid?

View attachment 1461973

Hi mate I would say get an all in one compound like the meliguirs one and maybe try an application by hand see if this brings it up should do it just engrained water marks

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Looks good! What did you think about the Enigma AIO?
+1

I’ve got a bottle too but yet to try it.

It’s excellent. Similar to Gyeon Primer/Carpro Essence. I first used it a couple of years ago as a tidy up on a previously coated car and liked it then. In this instance I’d run low on anything harsher so switched to a polishing pad with surprisingly good results.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Dailies cleaned today. Cleaned the Wife’s Clio inside too with I2 as she’s a key worker at a private hospital (although now seconded back into the NHS) and figured better safe etc....

33A79CD6-4238-40D8-B06A-3D18D27CD485.jpeg
C101895E-FB72-413F-B963-6D960469A7ED.jpeg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have the exact same issue, especially on the roof and bonnet if I don’t thoroughly dry it. Can seen mine from upstairs ffs.

image.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was covered in water spots as well, gonna try the carpro stuff as its only the glass that's left with them now.

Finished this off today, another couple hours correcting, never bothered with the front bumper as its ruined and due a paint anyway

3 layers of Gyeon Cancoat, wheels still need to come off and be done but that's a job for when I can get back up to mine but pleased with how it came up
a62789c9443feabcf0f7cf6ed9cb1d4c.jpg
ac345f6f0b195eb50f074154c3201a73.jpg
8fd11dbbd46f12bd6c46a375936fbbf9.jpg
67e8a139a48ccd5d8600adb67d972477.jpg
35b22d3a3fcd7a5b4ef08a40a9befabd.jpg

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
303 Aerospace Protectant Question - Has anyone used this before? Like it?
Is it good for tyres? How long does it last?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Regarding water spots, just buy a 0ppm water filter. I did and it’s arguably the best detailing “tool” I have (alongside my Kranzle PW). Use it as a final rinse aid and forget about drying cloths.

3716c408114d0b71236d2ad19ed9e3ca.jpg