ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Bought an spta (5" Version,). It was used once and cost £73 delivered with new pads etc. Think they are £100 new.

Owned a das pro before and should have kept it. This one imo is great and very happy with the purchase.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Haven’t machine polished a car in years! But on touching the 200’s pint after washing, it felt like sand paper.

So I have some clay en route and will crack out the DAS6Pro. Have owned the AF Revitalise kit for ages now and it’s still new in the box. Will give that a crack and see if it’s any good.

Anyone tried it? If it’s pants I’ll revert to Meg or Menzerna

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered some Poorboys black hole.. seems popular.

I've found that the wax looks slick and is easy to apply, but longevity isnt that great.

Need a kit refresh so looking for recommendations.

Shampoo - Bilt hamber auto wash

Tar Remover - Would get Autosmart Tardis but never trust the online sellers on ebay etc. - you said a good one.

Tyre Shine - I actually like Auto finesse satin tyre creme.

Wheel Cleaner - Bilt Hamber auto wheels

Wash Mitt - Microfibre madness

Drying Towel - Purestar Duplex drying towel.

Exhaust Cleaner - How bad is your exhaust? I use Peek but mine isnt that bad.

These are what I have and I rate them.

182 Trophy #366
I'm looking at getting a new pressure washer, the one i have at the minute is the Karcher K3.99. Been looking at another Karcher the K2, K3 Full Control or the K5. What pressure washers you lot using at the minute?
Is this worth it?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Last ime i looked on these the Karcher K4 Full Control 1800w and 130bar was £175 6m cable, that Karcher from Lidl has the same Watt and Bar is £129 but with a 8m cable.

I'm not sure what model that one is but it's not a bad price for the same sort of spec

182 Trophy #366
Last ime i looked on these the Karcher K4 Full Control 1800w and 130bar was £175 6m cable, that Karcher from Lidl has the same Watt and Bar is £129 but with a 8m cable.

I'm not sure what model that one is but it's not a bad price for the same sort of spec
I’m not sure either but Lidl mention it’s a “KHD 4 Basic Car” maybe that means it’s a K4?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is this worth it?

Nilfisk will last longer. Decent prices on Amazon etc.

To answer the other question. A second hand DA if you can find one cheap enough.

If not plenty to choose from on clean your car etc. Just research the ones within your budget.

Picking up a das6 or pro for £50 say is decent. Grab some glazes or finishing polish and go play! Avoid menzerna pads but the polishes are brilliant.

There is a glazes section in the stickies thats still sorta applicable.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nilfisk are much better as the internals are made of improved metal I believe. I've got a Nilfisk Titan, does the job but wouldn't mind a slightly more powerful model. Mine is a 120 I believe.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Finishing or glazing pad if you have one.
Agreed. If you have a machine definitely use it. Really helps the products work. If not, just grab the cheap MF applicators or similar.

Cleansers work better with MF. Otherwise glaze with maybe a meguirs wax app from Halfords.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nilfisk are much better as the internals are made of improved metal I believe. I've got a Nilfisk Titan, does the job but wouldn't mind a slightly more powerful model. Mine is a 120 I believe.
Even the C110 is a bargain and would do most people.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I had a 110 and it broke so bought a 135 and I'm over the moon with it.
The 110 is perfectly acceptable but the 135 for Snowfoaming is much better.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Trying to place an order bit struggling to find 1 source for it all.
Who's everyone orsring through?
Checked Slims, CYC... i4detailing has gone.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Anyone used Auto FInesse Caramics ? I've heard its alright short term but cant seem to find anything definitive about how long it lasts.
Halfords have got it cheap and i wanna know if its worth a shot

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
f**king giant acid eating birds at my work place 😡

20200422_155908.jpg
20200422_171517.jpg

Only gave it a quick snowfoam, Shampoo then QD wipedown as got not time for anything more right now.

Need to restock on my gear then give it a going over with the DA and maybe even apply a wax as summer is almost here.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Oooft that's bad not sure the DA will get rid.. I always have a spray bottle in boot for this sort of thing as you got to get on it fast. I've heard a hairdryer can help but not sure how legit that is.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I've just ordered some Gtechniq C4. I've been sent C5 as C4 is out of stock, with a cover note saying it's the same thing, just rebottled. Anyone know this for definite?

Last edited:

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Quick q.

How little can you get away without washing your car before you're likely doing damage?

I hate washing my car, usually pay a detailer, but lockdown 'n' that.

I'd rather not do it because it feels like I'd just be creating swirls.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
As long as nothing stains like the above, not sure there is a time limit, to a degree?

But when you do id be using a jet wash like the above. Not a bucket and sponge.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've just ordered some Gtechniq C4. I've been sent C5 as C4 is out of stock, with a cover note saying it's the same thing, just rebottled. Anyone know this for definite?

Yeah C1, C4 and C5 are all the same. Gtechniq have confirmed that on detailing world in the past.

On that note I'm putting C5 to the test lately not cleaned the car since Feb and the wheels are in a sorry state. When I finally get round to cleaning the car I'm hoping Korrosol does its work and gets all this off without too much trouble.

20200423_065251.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
After a decent cutting pad.

Used the ones that came with the dual action but needs to be a bit better.

Will be used along side Scholl S30 gold.

VW paint.

Thanks.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Random one but any reason I cant use AF Revive on tyres?

Basically all out of the legendary Megs Endurance and have a bottle of Revive I've not used in years so thought I could use it on tyres?

Says for Plastics and Rubber.

182 Trophy #366
So I ordered the Mitchell and King DA machine THIS ONE, now I am looking to build my beginner's detail kit!

I am lost in the world of pads and compounds/polishes & waxes.
I don't have much, I only have an AutoGlym gift pack which has the Shampoo Conditioner, Super Resin Polish and the Extra Gloss Protection not exciting but did the job. A clay bar and quick detailer.

Q1 - What products would I need to do some amateur paint correction? I was looking at this because it comes with pads https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/meguiars/microfibre-polishing-kit.aspx#

Q2 - What pads and how many for a Clio 182 Trophy... I am lost in the world of these products and can't research anymore! Wheres the idiot's guide to starting up!?