ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

My birthday in a couple of weeks so deciding what to potential ask for a donation towards lol

Phone. Polisher. Monitor.

If you can stretch to it go for the LHR21

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

My birthday in a couple of weeks so deciding what to potential ask for a donation towards lol

Phone. Polisher. Monitor.

If you stopped buying detailing stuff you could buy an iPhone pro.

No refunds xx

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
21 is way too big. We have both. The mk3 15 is a lovely machine and blurs the lines between what a da used to do and what a rotary can do.

It can go from cutting German lacquer with ease to applying ceramic primers and sealants.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great combo! Even a 15 and maybe another make of minifoot. Depending on what level. If you're a hobbyist. Grab a second hand mk2 and spend the rest on pads, products etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Finally gave the car a much needed wash today it hadn't been done in over 3 months. Would have liked to be more thorough but I'm short for time today might give it another go over next weekend.

Bit of advice for this which seems to have occurred mostly on the boot lid recess area. It's also around the rear number plate a bit. I got some off with Gtechniq W5 but seemed to be taking more effort that I'd like so was wondering if any of the more experienced could recommend something? It doesn't look like dirt almost like water staining so maybe something like water spot remover? W5 is good stuff so I'm surprised that even using neat couldn't take it off. Maybe I should let it dwell more and give it a few hits I guess it would come off eventually..

20200517_100355.jpg

20200517_113946.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Finally gave the car a much needed wash today it hadn't been done in over 3 months. Would have liked to be more thorough but I'm short for time today might give it another go over next weekend.

Bit of advice for this which seems to have occurred mostly on the boot lid recess area. It's also around the rear number plate a bit. I got some off with Gtechniq W5 but seemed to be taking more effort that I'd like so was wondering if any of the more experienced could recommend something? It doesn't look like dirt almost like water staining so maybe something like water spot remover? W5 is good stuff so I'm surprised that even using neat couldn't take it off. Maybe I should let it dwell more and give it a few hits I guess it would come off eventually..

View attachment 1474563

View attachment 1474565

I reckon CarPro spotless would get that off.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cleaned the transporter today with the Sonax shampoo, dry and then the Sonax spray wax. I had machine polished a few weeks ago. Cleaned the windows with auto finesse glass cleaner and tyres with neat carpro pearl. Well pleased.

20200517_180327.jpg

Clio 2.0 138hp
Ive tried reading through all the posts about detail sprays and i just get lost.
What should i buy to get rid of those greasy fingerprints left over after washing. Spent all day deep cleaning and someone goes and touches the paintwork straight away .... grrr

From what i can see these are decent - Gtechniq QD, Infinity Wax Rapid and one of the Zaino ones. Help me spend some more money !

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ive tried reading through all the posts about detail sprays and i just get lost.
What should i buy to get rid of those greasy fingerprints left over after washing. Spent all day deep cleaning and someone goes and touches the paintwork straight away .... grrr

From what i can see these are decent - Gtechniq QD, Infinity Wax Rapid and one of the Zaino ones. Help me spend some more money !

What is your current LSP?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The guys asked for a detail spray to remove finger prints and has been recommended one of the most old school products on the market that is a polish.

What's happening in here guys? Come on were meant to be helpful. The guy clearly doesn't know what lsp so take it easy FFS.

I'll give you a recommendation for something nice and easy. Infinity wax rapid detailer. Great product and no learning curve etc. Just use.

If you enjoy cleaning your car and buying bits and bobs. Research the s**t out of them and read the guides on here and detailing world.

One tip. Don't waste money, buy smart.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The ab64 stuff I linked is good. Would definitely buy again..

Mirror finish. Probably another buy soon.

Infinity wax keeps getting a mention so try that. Maybe gally can get you a cheeky discount as he knows the chap selling it?

I mentioned srp as tbh it's really easy to use and ticks a lot of boxes. Including finger print removal.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
How long does it take bird s**t to mark paint? Noticed a massive splatter all over the car earlier and didn't get chance to get it off. Hoping I'll be home work early enough tomorrow to wash it

Clio 2.0 138hp
The guys asked for a detail spray to remove finger prints and has been recommended one of the most old school products on the market that is a polish.

What's happening in here guys? Come on were meant to be helpful. The guy clearly doesn't know what lsp so take it easy FFS.

I'll give you a recommendation for something nice and easy. Infinity wax rapid detailer. Great product and no learning curve etc. Just use.

If you enjoy cleaning your car and buying bits and bobs. Research the s**t out of them and read the guides on here and detailing world.

One tip. Don't waste money, buy smart.
Thanks mate. I only really asked because the previous posts ended up like this and were kinda hard to follow.
I saw you mentioned that infinity wax one earlier and have been looking at it. Gonna buy some later.
Thanks for the help though.

After you wash your car, has the paontwo7got anything on it. Like a sealant or wax?
I've never heard it called lsp to be honest. Totally new one to me.
Yeah the car has some wax on it but I'm in the middle of doing a full paint correction ready for a ceramic coating so I'm working my way round getting rid of the old wax in the process.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
How long does it take bird s**t to mark paint? Noticed a massive splatter all over the car earlier and didn't get chance to get it off. Hoping I'll be home work early enough tomorrow to wash it
Depends what the bird has eaten and the ambient conditions imo!
Some of them seem to s**t pure hydrofluoric acid!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thanks mate. I only really asked because the previous posts ended up like this and were kinda hard to follow.
I saw you mentioned that infinity wax one earlier and have been looking at it. Gonna buy some later.
Thanks for the help though.

I've never heard it called lsp to be honest. Totally new one to me.
Yeah the car has some wax on it but I'm in the middle of doing a full paint correction ready for a ceramic coating so I'm working my way round getting rid of the old wax in the process.

In that case , I would get a quick detailer which is in the same brand as your ceramic coating.
I've just bought a tyre brush , which is really good from In2detailing if you do want to buy something. Their microfibres are really good too.

www.in2detailing.co.uk

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Anyone tried kamikaze overcoat? spotted to be a step up from Reload and C2V3...

Expensive.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
All Kamikaze s**t is good. So many detailers mention it to me and ask if I've tried it. They don't f**k about those guys. The new overcoat is coming out so wait.

There is a reason Jim at WD rates it so highly!an has taste!