ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yeah autoglym isn't too bad.

I was pleasantly surprised by one I got in the car chem mystery box at Xmas. It lasts decently and beads on the tyres

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I like the Gyeon one.
Clean the tyres with mucoff or Autoglanz rubber cleaner

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Carbon Collective - Sateen

Dries nice and quick on tyres, no sling.

Gyeon Tire is alright as well, but don't put too much on otherwise it slings, but not as bad as Megs Endurance.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Out of any the sateen stuff is the s**t. It's thin enough to be easy yet looks like a gel once done. All the others are a bit of a pain.

Mega endurance is so old school and always looks insane, especially at a show!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get a decent applicator, i recommend orderig from excel detailing supplies, Nick is a cracking guy and good company. The applicator ive been useing is this...

One light spray of sateen on nthe applicator and away you go. So much easier, cleaner and quicker than how much gel I usually use¬

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've not used a wax in a long time but used to really like Britemax Vantage especially on dark cars.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Last wax I used was Collinite 845 bloody years ago. Seem to recall it was pretty durable and gave great beading though.

I'm not sure I can be convinced to used wax now after using spray sealants but I wouldn't mind a tub of Zymol Glasur for special occasion though.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Ive got a monumentally large tub of Harleys Wax that i think i bought of @imprezaworks

Best wax ive ever used in terms of application and removal. Looks are very glossy as I think its a high carnuba based wax but durability is a bit meh which is to be expected

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Have you used the gyeon wax?
Not yet. Not really a massive modern wax guy, I like slightly older school as they havenostalgia attached. I would never buy a graphene wax for example.

Double speed wax is slightly modern with an old school feel. Infinity wax supergloss quite an old school smell and feel.

Zymol Glasur and Swisswax best of show are some of the most special to use, like butter. Best of show has the edge for a coat of show wax. Some much oil in the product.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah with you on the newer stuff. A wax i did like as it looked good and easy to use was the G3 paste wax.

No idea why but the Vonnix Blend is calling my name.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Got this unopened.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I got this in a mystery box but I wanted to use BH finis wax.
Most infinity products are really good tbh.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Guess the new product anyone?

5EFFB2D6-6204-4FBA-BB01-90501EC3D209.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can highly recommend FK2685 for looks and ease of use. Was after a new wax to try and this stuff has been around a while with positive feedback. Cleaning up a part ex i'm looking to move on. Coat of SRP and a layer of this stuff. Looks ace.

Ordered from Clean your car. The sample pot (50ml) arrived instead of the large 250Ml tin. Quick call and they are sending me the correct size out. Tbh the smaller tin will last me ages as you don't need much.

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Seems like the order picking system at cyc isn't working very well at the moment. I've had two orders recently where they sent me incorrect items. One of those orders took them three tries to get right.

Good service and did their best to get it right though.