ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Graphene wax an option? Look at Infinity wax 👍🏼

did great work on this

1981AD18-F26F-44CE-B22F-3BC63FC7D881.jpeg

7522DB04-2714-4D6E-97F3-BF020C37291F.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's fantastic. By hand or machine.

It reminds me of werkstat prime. Check on DW threads to see it's correction and filling ability. It also "sets" leaves a base and using one of the waxes it gives a tremendous combo.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah have been looking at reviews throughout the day ha ha. Ran out of srp so would this be a nice alternative?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah aslong as your topping it. I love it as a cleanser. Cleansing is an underrated stage.

Reactions: MLB

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
All SP stuff is good but it's the same price of the stuff made by true chemists in their own lab at BH. It's why every single product works.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is BH autofoam ok to use as snow foam pre wash with a ceramic coated car?

Yeah just dilute pretty heavy. I do 200ml mixed into a 5L container and it still works well. I do it through a pump sprayer though so not sure what it'd need to be at for a snow foam bottle but it's 4% dilution ratio.

That said depending who you have the car coated by I'd look to see what they do. When I had CSL and Exo by Gtechniq I was using W5 as my pre wash for a year or so.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Is BH autofoam ok to use as snow foam pre wash with a ceramic coated car?
This is a really hotly debated topic on Detailingworld. Hear different things one day and other reports another day.

Used Autofoam for probably about 2 years now and im half way through my 2nd 5L bottle of it. Was all dandy and I found it to be really really good at removing dirt initially (compared to other foams that just look nice for 'da gram innit'). That said, its not reacted well at all to some Polish Angel stuff I had on the car recently. It properly murdered my top layer of spray wax. Was only 2 weeks old at the time. Just destroyed it. And that was at less than 4% PIR.

Ive now switched to a PH neutral one and its far less murderous than AF. Its worth saying that if my spray wax was less expensive, I probably wouldnt care 🤣

This is a really hotly debated topic on Detailingworld. Hear different things one day and other reports another day.

Used Autofoam for probably about 2 years now and im half way through my 2nd 5L bottle of it. Was all dandy and I found it to be really really good at removing dirt initially (compared to other foams that just look nice for 'da gram innit'). That said, its not reacted well at all to some Polish Angel stuff I had on the car recently. It properly murdered my top layer of spray wax. Was only 2 weeks old at the time. Just destroyed it. And that was at less than 4% PIR.

Ive now switched to a PH neutral one and its far less murderous than AF. Its worth saying that if my spray wax was less expensive, I probably wouldnt care 🤣
I’m not taking the chance. I’ll have to sell the nearly full 5L container… which one have you switched to?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I’m not taking the chance. I’ll have to sell the nearly full 5L container… which one have you switched to?
Entirely your call, dont take the opinion of 1 person on the internet as gospel. Im only reporting what I found on one particular LSP. You've also got to bear in mind that I had many other LSP's on my car and pretty much all of them resisted BH AF pretty well!

I should also have added that my other halfs car, coated by me at the beginning of this year, gets constantly dowsed with BH AF and it just laughs at me every time. Its not even a 'top shelf' million year coating either. I won it as part of a competition and its Pyramid Car Care coating and its brilliant tbh. Shown no side effects of autofoam at all.

Im toying with a couple of foams now. TBH its a bit like pissing in the wind because I feel like if theyre not somewhat alkaline or acidic, are they actually going to clean? Ive gone for Foamula 1 from Valetpro as theyre a few miles away from me so easy to get and I dont have to wait for delivery. Was pretty good but no comments on cleaning ability.

Maybe @Gally could step in here with his experience as im just a part time weekend warrior!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I use 50ml per wash. No idea on the pir but it cleans well and i mess about with sprays etc after every wash so there isnt an issue degrading for me.

What I need to do is down size some of the cleaning stuff I own lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen a few videos about them with mixed reviews. Some say better, some prefer auto wash.

Was just wandering if people on here have used botha nd what they preferred.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's fantastic. By hand or machine.

It reminds me of werkstat prime. Check on DW threads to see it's correction and filling ability. It also "sets" leaves a base and using one of the waxes it gives a tremendous combo.

Ive still got half a bottle of Werkstat prime I think

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Auto foam is the best bar none.

i also love their double speed wax. I did my mums A45 again on the weekend and sealed with Turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray. I’ve used this on my BMW and 3 months on it’s going strong. I’ve got no idea if it’s good but it lasts, gives good shine and beading.

B7ABFAF5-D8EC-43D4-93E0-036BADBCAA9B.jpeg

09D687C3-74F2-4042-BC36-EC1E966671BE.jpeg

BE645CE5-24A8-4477-9C7E-6DBB746FFEAB.jpeg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What’s the best tyre shine about currently? I use Meguires endurance gel which is great but a little messy so looking at alternatives.