ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How good is Dodo Juice born to be mild. Seriously impressed.

Anything else from their range worth having?
Lime prime is just as old school as it gets. Cleanses, glazes and fills. Born to be mild takes some beating for old school.

if you fancy adding layers of wax grab one that matches your car. In fairness rainforest rub and purple haze were favourites.

always loved dodo.

Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I used Purple Haze on my RB in 2007 and it was great.

What about their spray sealants ?

I used some Car Pro Hydro earlier which I had knocking around and the gloss it left was great.

Attachments

• 20211107_155040.jpg
    20211107_155040.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 33

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
What's everyone's pre wash.

Better half's qashqai (no and no laughter) was a bit minging. Road grime etc. Experiemented with a few things before washing.

Autosmart tfr. Mmm.
8 below. Not too impressed.
Surfex hd. Decent enough.

I'm keen to try a decent one and my snow foam may go to thr back of the shelf. Well bar auto foam (running out)

I know there's a lot of choice out there. I've managed to convince a few people to switch over to Citrus Blast now. It's incredibly powerful if used neat, but still very effective when diluted. I use Citrus pre-wash instead of snowfoam for 75% of my cleans.

Don't forget cliosport20 ;)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Managed to finally use the Infinity Wax Rapid Detailer that came in the surprise box the other month. Thought I’d give it a go on the Mazda seeing as though I’m selling it

Photos don’t quite do it justice, it looks glossy af in real life.

7CB9CA65-9731-4A51-8D0D-A2CAB1F329BE.jpeg
1FECB5A4-8DCD-4B9B-AE16-0175BEA335A6.jpeg
4C3A2B93-28F0-42AC-9CA4-2651F0F71511.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I used Purple Haze on my RB in 2007 and it was great.

What about their spray sealants ?

I used some Car Pro Hydro earlier which I had knocking around and the gloss it left was great.
I don't like red mist etc from them. So many other spray sealants out there. Especially nostalgic ones.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That has to be one my all time favourite car colours. The pictures dont do this colour justice, in the sun the way it pops is incredible.
Yep it’s such a mega colour. I never set out for a red one when I was looking but so glad I got one. I think the 6 is just a great looking estate in general though, pity the engines are dog s**t 😂

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd complain no reason the company wouldn't just exchange it. Yeah seems a bit petty but that looks like its missing a bunch of brissles to me and at the end of the day they aren't cheap either.

M2 Comp
Looks like it’s just deformed a bit in storage/transit. If you heat it up a bit it should sort itself out. I think it’s quite common with these.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I did nearly suggest the warm water because I have one and it's sometimes out of shape too but the bristles don't look bunched up like they do when it's out of shape. Worth a try though.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Cheers lads. I've already logged a return with Amazon (they were cheapest). I'll give it some warm water and see if it returns to shape 🤟

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
What's everyone's pre wash.

Better half's qashqai (no and no laughter) was a bit minging. Road grime etc. Experiemented with a few things before washing.

Autosmart tfr. Mmm.
8 below. Not too impressed.
Surfex hd. Decent enough.

I'm keen to try a decent one and my snow foam may go to thr back of the shelf. Well bar auto foam (running out)

Infinity Wax do a citrus pre-wash. I’m sure it’s very good as per the rest of their range.

Tbh I much prefer pre-wash over snow foam. Just works better (albeit less cost effective).

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
i didn't reply to your comment for that reason! I don't stock that brush in all fairness, when I last re-stocked they were unavailable.

Have you had any luck with warm water?
Not yet. Already had the replacement and ive got till Feb 2022 to return the old one. Amazon returns are mental 🤣. New one came just like the old one as expected.

Ill give it a go another time. Gotta put my rear bumper back on tonight. As well as another layer of ceramic topper on all the wheels. and put them on. Wales trip tomorrow :cool:

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Not yet. Already had the replacement and ive got till Feb 2022 to return the old one. Amazon returns are mental 🤣. New one came just like the old one as expected.

Ill give it a go another time. Gotta put my rear bumper back on tonight. As well as another layer of ceramic topper on all the wheels. and put them on. Wales trip tomorrow :cool:

WTF, February 2022!? That's barmy!!

Ahhh very nice, it's always a good feeling when putting your car back together when you've got a trip coming up

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
WTF, February 2022!? That's barmy!!

Ahhh very nice, it's always a good feeling when putting your car back together when you've got a trip coming up
Havent driven it in a few days either. New rear tyres and no more scuffs. Coated wheels. Gonna feel rapid after driving 'the sofa' (Saab 93) for a few days 🤣

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
An argument as old as time :ROFLMAO:

If the paint has been in the oven and hardened, it should be ready to go. Leave it a week to be safe if you like
just did a google and wow, youre right. Its a very very long argument to have haha. Ill just sort it when im back from the trip when I get time :) Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Amazon returns are amazing tbf. Had to return a autoglym instadry. Basically put it in plastic bag and hand to the shop. Don't worry about wrapping it etc. Within an hour refund email.

Their wastage and returns etc I've heard is high and accounted for.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I can't believe that brush was returned, wow.

I used the Infinity Wax Spray Wax on Tuesday and I'm currently very impressed, just going to wait on longevity now.
tbf, ive never had one turn up like that. I also sorted a return before anyone replied on here. Amazon seem to just accept returns for the most random of reasons and not even quibble it