ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 100% going to try it with a wet microfibre next time. Emma's A3 gets fewer washing than the 340 but my god is it a doddle to clean when it does get washed after treating it with Wetcoat the previous wash.

This sort of gives you an idea of the difference. Just spraying on can leave areas where the water tends to cling to the panel slightly longer.

The wipe on method you can see it's more uniform.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't rate Bathe+ in general, held suds for 0.536 of a second. I just used it for cleaning my wheels in the end.

I'm 100% going to try it with a wet microfibre next time. Emma's A3 gets fewer washing than the 340 but my god is it a doddle to clean when it does get washed after treating it with Wetcoat the previous wash.

I've got bathe+ but not used it yet. I don't like non sudsy soaps so it will probably be used for wheels as well then. Just like the Madcow soap I had before, smelled disgusting and seemed to drag over the paint.

Generally not a fan of shampoos with additives anyway. Probably just buy another litre of the So Wax shampoo once it runs out.

Have you tried the wetcoat essence where you make up your own from concentrate?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Bathe+ is trash.
Might be good for cleaning a car in California with light dust.

Dodo Juice shampoo is great.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Looking to put together a little wheel brush package for my cousin. Apparently he's using a sponge at the moment and smashing his knuckles to bits/missing dirt. 😆

I normally use an EZ Detail Brush for the insides, although have managed to scratch a couple of spokes with the plastic bit on the top of it with poor aim. Anyone got an alternative to that?
They have a GO EZ Brush (middle one here) available which ditches the spiky plastic but the brush section isn't as long, guess it would work though. 🤔

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Looking to put together a little wheel brush package for my cousin. Apparently he's using a sponge at the moment and smashing his knuckles to bits/missing dirt. 😆

I normally use an EZ Detail Brush for the insides, although have managed to scratch a couple of spokes with the plastic bit on the top of it with poor aim. Anyone got an alternative to that?
They have a GO EZ Brush (middle one here) available which ditches the spiky plastic but the brush section isn't as long, guess it would work though. 🤔
I honestly use the Meguiars ones. The fluffy (MF?) ones. Theyre really good and you can properly load them up with suds.

I have the large and small ones. Small is ace for my car (big disks cos racecar) and you can squeeze it between the disk and barrel.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I honestly use the Meguiars ones. The fluffy (MF?) ones. Theyre really good and you can properly load them up with suds.

I have the large and small ones. Small is ace for my car (big disks cos racecar) and you can squeeze it between the disk and barrel.

Did see them and think they looked pretty good. Are they not a pain to clean being microfibre though?

I'm fully onboard with the microfibre mitts now but they get chucked in the washer!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Did see them and think they looked pretty good. Are they not a pain to clean being microfibre though?

I'm fully onboard with the microfibre mitts now but they get chucked in the washer!
Not really tbh. Its like most things, just gotta keep on top of them.

Once in a while, or if I get a really dirty set of wheels to clean, ill give them a spray down with some strong APC, let them soak and then gently blast them with the pressure washer to get all the crud out

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I spent 2 hours just doing the engine bay today on this 20 year old 1.9 diesel Kangoo. It was absolutely howling but like a prick I didn’t take any before pics. 🤦‍♂️

looking spanking now though!

9056B3CE-9FB6-44F4-9B9F-A239DC00CFD3.jpeg
6FA2C055-5BD4-498C-9BA2-7007B737550C.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Guys, any idea on a product that'll work to get these horrible stains out? Previous owner had dogs, and car was used for 'tip runs' and it shows! :(

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 21.36.533.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 21.36.532.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Some of the foam sprays work well as they lift the dirt. Auto smart brisk or something. If not. Pay a valeter under £100 for inside and out and shampoo the seats. I always dislike shampooing seats, always feel they leave moisture in the car.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I have been looking at local companies but they either don't get back to me or seem incredibly expensive. Thought it'd be worth trying myself first... might have a look at Brisk for a fiver.

Doesn't have to be perfect because we have a Multimac on order which'll be going over the top in a few months anyway.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I bought some Bilthamber Touch less before Christmas but I only just got a chance to use it. The car was absolutely hanging so it’s probably wasn’t the best gauge of how good it is. However it did seem to do a brilliant job. It foams up loads more than Autofoam does so the dwell time is a lot longer.

C2v3 used as a LSP and I still haven’t found anything that’s a better spray on wipe off sealant.

Pics posted in my M140i thread so I won’t bother putting them here as well.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I have been looking at local companies but they either don't get back to me or seem incredibly expensive. Thought it'd be worth trying myself first... might have a look at Brisk for a fiver.

Doesn't have to be perfect because we have a Multimac on order which'll be going over the top in a few months anyway.
Buy one of these:

LINK

You can find them cheaper if you look too. I bought one to sort seats out that had patches just like yours and it was perfect - its become one of the best cheap things I've ever bought, we use it loads. If someone spills a drink on the carpet for example, or the sofa this will sort it immediately.

I've done car seats/carpets etc. with it and its ace, easily worth the money!

So satisfying to use too:

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I bought some Bilthamber Touch less before Christmas but I only just got a chance to use it. The car was absolutely hanging so it’s probably wasn’t the best gauge of how good it is. However it did seem to do a brilliant job. It foams up loads more than Autofoam does so the dwell time is a lot longer.

C2v3 used as a LSP and I still haven’t found anything that’s a better spray on wipe off sealant.

Pics posted in my M140i thread so I won’t bother putting them here as well.

I still can't decide which cleans better between them.

Touchless does rinse easier though.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've heard touchless rinses better too.

I will get that next. I haven't washed the car for ages with the weather.

On a plus, CountyDetailing Supplies has moved to Cheltenham.
They have 15% off at the moment too.
I popped in the other day and they are happy to do a group buy if we want anything.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I read somewhere that someone said touch-less was better for the summer months and sticks to the dust better, and auto foam was better in the winter seasons, when comparing the 2. Might have been John @ forensic unplugged.

Or the other way around, i can't remember!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I read somewhere that someone said touch-less was better for the summer months and sticks to the dust better, and auto foam was better in the winter seasons, when comparing the 2. Might have been John @ forensic unplugged.

Or the other way around, i can't remember!

Forensic did a video on it yeah.

BH told him they can work better on different road films/dirt types.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Buy one of these:

LINK

You can find them cheaper if you look too. I bought one to sort seats out that had patches just like yours and it was perfect - its become one of the best cheap things I've ever bought, we use it loads. If someone spills a drink on the carpet for example, or the sofa this will sort it immediately.

I've done car seats/carpets etc. with it and its ace, easily worth the money!

So satisfying to use too:

Thanks for the tip, our sofa's a f**king state too with three young children! Unfortunately we've just been hit with a £400 boiler repair bill, so everything else is out the window for the time being :cautious:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm after a 5" Backing plate for a rotary. As there are loads anyone recommend, use, just bought one by chance.

Or if anyone is looking to sell one, by chance.....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Have the opportunity to get a rupes mk2.....should I push the boat out or stick with my like meat head of a deltalyo machine.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Any recommendations for leather cleaner, cream/white leather if that makes a difference.

You can use our Interior Cleaner diluted 50/50 and it's super effective and safe on leather.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
All super high end and true to their claims. No f**king about with those guys.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My 2nd snow foam lance has packed up in as any weeks.
both said they can use hot water (60c jetwash) but both seem to have crapped their pants quickly. Been using them with cold water for the last two years. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Which lance
Just a generic 1/4 inch one from Amazon/eBay mate.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I use an mjjc lance albeit with cold not hot water. Its more money but better made, I've had the cheaper lances

The mjjc is 42

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just using the generic one from Clean Your Car

Nice thick foam and a big bottle which is nice.