ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I don't even think it's down to people not caring, the majority are just blind to it.

Some look at a car, others look at the paint.. Unfortunately, I'm the latter and for me, there is nothing more disappointing than a beautiful car with poor paint. Saying that, we can't all be the same.
I'm sure you're oblivious to other things though! Do you notice when your other half changes her makeup? ;)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Not but sounds intriguing.

Simply put.. Dean at Mainz Car Care and a variety of other suppliers ran a series of raffles and some fund raising before Christmas to raise money for 2 charities, help for heroes and RETTS UK.

In total £4,202 was raised with 50% of the money going to each charity. Half of the money was paid to RETTS UK by Craig West and the remaining 50% was left for Dean to donate to Help for Heroes.

Dean posted a headed letter from help for heroes thanking him and everyone who donated for their contribution a few weeks back.

It's later become apparent that the letter was forged by Dean and he has infact failed to make any donation whatsoever! In essence, he has conned a variety of suppliers, customers & those who have donated to the tune of £2,101.

Complete scumbag! Lying, deceiving and stealing from charities.. It doesn't get much lower than that.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear that's not good. He's massive on fund raising upon googling his name, he raised over 2k for Mick GP. Not sure what charity it was etc.

Any link to the story?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Oh dear that's not good. He's massive on fund raising upon googling his name, he raised over 2k for Mick GP. Not sure what charity it was etc.

Any link to the story?

The vast majority of what I have seen has been on Facebook. The group who dealt with the fundraising is called detailing addicts so it's all on there.

I only got the full story because one of his suppliers is a good friend of mine. He called me to tell me he had dropped Mainz and explained the reason behind it. Dean called him a c**t for walking away from Mainz and claims it's a big misunderstanding!

I don't know how a forged letter which was posted by HIM could be a misunderstanding. Help for Heroes have confirmed it was a forgery and have banned Dean from any further fundraising.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
When it came up on DW last night all threads were being locked before any details were posted so didn't know the whole story.

Sounds like such a classy guy

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
"As some of you may be aware Dean of Mainz Car Care Has been removed from Detailing Addicts.

The reasoning for this, it has come to light that the monies raised by Detailing Addicts for Help for Heroes did not reach them when it was supposed to.

Half the money raised was transferred to Russell for Retts UK, a total of £2101.00. This sum was paid directly by Russell to Retts UK with the addition of a further £30.00 added as a extra donation after the fact, We have a validated certificate and bank statement as proof of such. The remaining £2101.00 was left with Dean to be paid directly to Help for Heroes.

Following queries by The remainding admin It appeared the money had not been paid to Help for Heroes.

A letter was presented to admin team from Dean, on what appeared to be H4H letter headed paper stating the amount had been paid. We did not post this up originally as we spotted a few things which made us question it's authenticity. Help for Heroes Income protection team and co-founder Bryn Parry have since confirmed the letter to be forgery.

Dean was confronted yesterday with the evidence and Help for Heroes have now confirmed they have recieved the money from Dean, also informing Dean they are withdrawing his right to raise any future money for them.

No doubt people will be very angry and upset with this situation, we as admin expect backlash from this information. However we would like to make it publicly known that we had no involvement in Deans actions. We believe had it not been for us questioning certain things, and making the decision to involve the authoritys, that the chances are this would have gone undetected.

There are no words to rectify this,and we apologise to everyone who donated, also to the traders and members who donated products.
We hope you accept our sincere apologies for the situation and realise no other admin other than dean had any involvement in taking payments for the raffle or the issues arising with the payment for Help for Heroes."

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I like my incredimit I can't see myself changing anytime soon.

I have the incredisponge, haven't used it very much being honest.. I generally prefer a wool mitt personally.

I use my Dooka the majority of the time, was just intrigued as to what others were using.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I want some Menzerna polishes, but there's so many different ones now I don't know what combo to go for!

So far I've just bought myself orange (medium compounding), white (polishing), and black (finishing) hex pads, but just need polish to go with them now. I was thinking PF2400 (old naming for this was 203s I think) and SF4000 or 4500 (either 106fa or 85rd respectively, according to CYC). What one of those two is better? Also is Menz FG400 worth getting? It sounds like it might be a bit overkill for most things but I just want a decent selection that will cover all bases.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I want some Menzerna polishes, but there's so many different ones now I don't know what combo to go for!

So far I've just bought myself orange (medium compounding), white (polishing), and black (finishing) hex pads, but just need polish to go with them now. I was thinking PF2400 (old naming for this was 203s I think) and SF4000 or 4500 (either 106fa or 85rd respectively, according to CYC). What one of those two is better? Also is Menz FG400 worth getting? It sounds like it might be a bit overkill for most things but I just want a decent selection that will cover all bases.
203s and 106fa are 2 great polishes to have.

BG Clio 182
What's the best product for hiding swirls on a black gold car?

Triple is yes, very good. But anything better? Black hole to no avail. I'm gonna polish them out although there isn't many, just when I've got a lot more time as I want to do a good job and want it nice for CSS. Just something for a quick do now.

I'm happy with the DA polisher so fire away :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The best product for hiding or removing? Your post isn't very clear dude.

BG Clio 182
The best product for hiding or removing? Your post isn't very clear dude.
Sorry lol I thought it was I mean i want to hide them for now, but I am going to polish them out later on, in summer when I've more time and it's warmer.

Want something to hide them a bit now until I can give it a monster machine polish.

I just mean though lol I have a DA and im fairly confident with it if the suggested product requires one :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Blackhole is cracking product for hiding swirls.

50 Cal. Cover Up is highly rated but I've not personally tried it.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What's the best product for hiding swirls on a black gold car?

Triple is yes, very good. But anything better? Black hole to no avail. I'm gonna polish them out although there isn't many, just when I've got a lot more time as I want to do a good job and want it nice for CSS. Just something for a quick do now.

I'm happy with the DA polisher so fire away :smile:
I would say BlackHole too, awesome stuff. tried and tested on black gold.

BG Clio 182
I would say BlackHole too, awesome stuff. tried and tested on black gold.
Ah? I mean how good is it though like is it amazing at hiding? I do have some black hole so would you just work it in then on the polisher at Low ish speeds? Prep Inc clay etc then black hole? Would you use triple first? Should it hide them inn intense sunlight?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I use a random orbital type polishing machine too and use blackhole on a finishing pad and work it into the whole car and then buff it off by hand with a thick microfiber cloth.
I tend to go the whole hog about 3-4 times a year - clay - compound polish a few areas that more scratches - move onto a less aggressive polish on a medium pad all over the car - then finish with a finishing polish on a medium/soft pad. After that I use blackhole.

If anyone could recommend a nice summer wax to go ontop of the above that would be great, doesnt need to last more than 6 weeks.

*disclaimer I know next to nothing about detailing but love to give it a go.

BG Clio 182
I use a random orbital type polishing machine too and use blackhole on a finishing pad and work it into the whole car and then buff it off by hand with a thick microfiber cloth.
I tend to go the whole hog about 3-4 times a year - clay - compound polish a few areas that more scratches - move onto a less aggressive polish on a medium pad all over the car - then finish with a finishing polish on a medium/soft pad. After that I use blackhole.

If anyone could recommend a nice summer wax to go ontop of the above that would be great, doesnt need to last more than 6 weeks.

*disclaimer I know next to nothing about detailing but love to give it a go.
Haha sounds like you're pretty good.

I just cbb polishing too often but tend to clay and decontaminate about 6-8 times a year.

I was just thinking of whacking the black hole straight down without polishing, do you think this would give the desired effect?

I'd probably just whack a sealant over it to be fair :)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yeah go for it. Give the bottle a good shake as I find after not using it for a few months it tends to separate a little.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If you're using the product by DA, maybe give DDJ lime prime or britemax blackmax. Even with a finishing pad you will still get a little cut but they fill well

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think Lime Prime is a much better option and put a spot of blackhole on per set with the LP. It'll give a little bit and also clear up the clearcoat to give better clarity by removing the s**t on top of the clearcoat.

By machine is a must, by hand is very hard to fill swirls imo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer Amigo on decent paint. It's slick as f**k but doesn't bite.

BG Clio 182
I think Lime Prime is a much better option and put a spot of blackhole on per set with the LP. It'll give a little bit and also clear up the clearcoat to give better clarity by removing the s**t on top of the clearcoat.

By machine is a must, by hand is very hard to fill swirls imo.
So just use lime prime on a finishing pad? When do you use the black hole then do you mean at the same time like 3 spots of lime prime and one of black hole kind of thing? Will that give a good fill on swirls? Better than black hole on its own?

The paint is pretty awesome and is well looked after to be fair lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Much better. I love Lime Prime it also fills a lot due to its oils. Makes it great to work with also.

Light polishing or finishing pad will be fine. Probably best with a finishing pad in your case.

BG Clio 182
Much better. I love Lime Prime it also fills a lot due to its oils. Makes it great to work with also.

Light polishing or finishing pad will be fine. Probably best with a finishing pad in your case.
Ah okay but do you mean use them together then on one pad at the same time? I shall get some :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah definitely. I'll trial anything together mate.

I did this year's ago with EZ creme and black hole combo just for laughs...

52a0adbe43ca41b52752969132d730bd.jpg

65436ff7a1b72a9b1fecb01ef22b1ca7.jpg

116bb8a5a4c45975e7abc51f65d4c8cb.jpg

BG Clio 182
Yeah definitely. I'll trial anything together mate.

I did this year's ago with EZ creme and black hole combo just for laughs...

52a0adbe43ca41b52752969132d730bd.jpg

65436ff7a1b72a9b1fecb01ef22b1ca7.jpg

116bb8a5a4c45975e7abc51f65d4c8cb.jpg
I just don't get how the f**k you got that result that's really impressive, should lime prime and black hole give similar then? Is doing products together a done thing? Should I leave AF triple alone this time then?