ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well no. Not only do you have Renault paint it'll probably be worse swirled than that. I had corrected the Frp then someone at my Father's work washed it after its MOT even though instructed not to hence the light marring.

It'll make a big difference with time and patience. I've done mental things with Lime Prime. Check out my Evo detail thread, the paint was insanely soft though.

Renault paint just so happens to be really hard, but can still be filled nicely. Especially BG.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In regards to different products, who is to say you can't? I've never had adverse effects in all my days of doing it. I mixed tripple and Blackhole once to add slickness and ease of use. It worked.

Lime Prime is immense on its own. All you're doing is adding a little slickness and some extra filling if needed. If doing 3 dots of LP I'd do 2 smaller BH dots.

If using that then simply straight to LSP.

BG Clio 182
Well no. Not only do you have Renault paint it'll probably be worse swirled than that. I had corrected the Frp then someone at my Father's work washed it after its MOT even though instructed not to hence the light marring.

It'll make a big difference with time and patience. I've done mental things with Lime Prime. Check out my Evo detail thread, the paint was insanely soft though.

Renault paint just so happens to be really hard, but can still be filled nicely. Especially BG.
Okay, I'll give it a go! The car is to be honest in very good nick, it has been machine polished successfully by myself before :) not many swirls at all really so will try this method, cheers :)

BG Clio 182
In regards to different products, who is to say you can't? I've never had adverse effects in all my days of doing it. I mixed tripple and Blackhole once to add slickness and ease of use. It worked.

Lime Prime is immense on its own. All you're doing is adding a little slickness and some extra filling if needed. If doing 3 dots of LP I'd do 2 smaller BH dots.

If using that then simply straight to LSP.
Ordered 500mls of lime prime just now fella. Is it a very light cut, do you have to be careful? similar to a light polish? Will use on a finishing pad though so that'll take bite out.

Will use just as you've said matey. Thanks a lot :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Decided to take a note of all the cleaning/detailing gear I have (wild Saturday night y0). Sigh...I wish I could go back to the days when I thought a sponge and some turtlewax shampoo cleaned a car properly...
IMG_20150207_213713.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol. The scary thing is, that's all f**king new stuff lol!!!! None of it looks started hahaha!
That's the problem LOL! Most of the small samples came from waxybox's, and I've hardly touched them! The pads, tape and Autobrite stuff is all new as of this week (Bogof deals were too hard to pass up!) but the Autofinesse stuff has been fairly well used, and the Dlux. I don't even want to count up what it's all worth 😧

BG Clio 182
That's the problem LOL! Most of the small samples came from waxybox's, and I've hardly touched them! The pads, tape and Autobrite stuff is all new as of this week (Bogof deals were too hard to pass up!) but the Autofinesse stuff has been fairly well used, and the Dlux. I don't even want to count up what it's all worth 😧
Lol. I know the feeling. I have a similar situation. Most of its unused lol XD hahahahah. Where'd you find the 2 for 1 deals mate?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol. I know the feeling. I have a similar situation. Most of its unused lol XD hahahahah. Where'd you find the 2 for 1 deals mate?
It's the appeal of having new things lol. Your conversation with Gally in here the other night prompted me to go get some Lime Prime to use with the Black Hole I've got.

Website called iShine Car Care were doing 2 for 1 on a load of Autobrite stuff last week, so managed to bag a litre of shampoo, interior fabric cleaner and tar/glue remover for about £25!

BG Clio 182
It's the appeal of having new things lol. Your conversation with Gally in here the other night prompted me to go get some Lime Prime to use with the Black Hole I've got.

Website called iShine Car Care were doing 2 for 1 on a load of Autobrite stuff last week, so managed to bag a litre of shampoo, interior fabric cleaner and tar/glue remover for about £25!
Wow that's pretty awesome! I love clean your car personally but sometimes they're really cheap, and other times they seem to work out a bit dear lol.

Yeah I've just bought some, should be here Monday lol.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
My skin was itching at the state of the Megane so braved the cold. Had to defrost the hose and pressure washer inside LOL

Still, much better but no doubt it will be a mess come tomorrow evening again.

VP citrus prewash
2BM with Gyeon Bathe
Tardis
Korrosol
Washed again
Gyeon Wetcoat

Not bad for a quick wash, badly needs a full detail though. Paintwork is horrible thankfully the gloss yellow hides it well .

c00c8015763b76d0079466651523f594.jpg

aa67a62398c62a69b2d47629da9d77f4.jpg

b0e0739f99098dc0b0111b58903fed24.jpg

Downside of XP10 pads, I decon'd around 500 miles ago LOL!

e118586ab7412d512413024f352c4c21.jpg

79f9bede98e42a021ca144d31268df1a.jpg

Tada
502a17703b46a3273d1218d6689af3c8.jpg

5d8bfd114bf721566f7e4398b9d65fec.jpg

9b65e73a68c02e100749246c8d823aa4.jpg

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Coming to the end of my AF Citrus Power, and I really need to buy it in bulk!

Does anyone dilute Citrus Power? If so, what dilution ratios are you using to keep it effective? I can't really justify buying the 5L if it isn't that effective diluted.

Is VP Citrus PW as bad as everyone makes out compared to Citrus Power? As the cost savings are swaying me towards it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A very very trusted detailer has been using Bilt Hamber autfoam (iirc) via a pump sprayer to great effect, ie it shocked even me. Think it's much cheaper and dilutable.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
10932095_298871310236588_2131262106_n.jpg

10932095_298871310236588_2131262106_n.jpg

And Rob at Dooka is probably one of the most trustworthy guys in the business.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Very impressive.

So, using a snow foam as a pre-wash will deliver the same effect as a pre-wash, but a different effect than as it was intended to be used as a snow foam?

How does Bilt Hamber fair when used as a dedicated snow foam via a pressure washer?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I often dilute citrus power 1:1 unless the panels are really grimey. VP citrus never seems to work as well although it is considerable cheaper.

Dooka are often talking about bilt hamber auto foam. A friend used it at the weekend as a snow foam and was pleased with the results, certainly a lot better than some

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll fire Rob a message and find out. He uses it on maintenance washes so I assume at 8% it is.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
th_F9D6B951-6CBA-46EC-9BED-B43293849F42_zpsjfvrht1i.jpg

Not a scientific test or anything, but this as me today. Just thought I'd film it whilst we're on the topic.
1:1 citrus power on a car that hasn't been washed since October and has been driven ~80miles per day.
You can see the dirt is already starting to run before jetting off.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
So it is still working as such, but instead of sticking to the surface and drawing more dirt away, it is taking as much of the loose dirt with it as possible more quickly due to the watery nature? Leaving some dirt behind still?

At least that is how I see it?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Very impressive.

So, using a snow foam as a pre-wash will deliver the same effect as a pre-wash, but a different effect than as it was intended to be used as a snow foam?

They do the same job to be honest.

I'd cover the car in snow foam, then go around with a bottle of cp or similar to do the nooks and crannies before pressure washing everything off.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
So it is still working as such, but instead of sticking to the surface and drawing more dirt away, it is taking as much of the loose dirt with it as possible more quickly due to the watery nature? Leaving some dirt behind still?

At least that is how I see it?
Perhaps.
I followed up with Avalanche laced with G101 but that didn't seem to remove any further dirt via pressure washer. Probably softened it a little though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Megs Ultimate compound
Amigo
Rejuvenate
Wax

In that order?

Or
Megs u/c
Amigo
Tough coat

?
Ultimate compound is an abrasive polish for removing paint defects so will also remove any other product you use it over so use this first.

Amigo is general a filler/ glazing product that will go over other products but has no protection.

Rejuvenate is a pre wax cleanser with chemical cleaners so will remove polish residue and and glazes or fillers so use this before any glazing products

So if you want to use all products:
Polish
Cleanser
Glaze
Wax/sealant
But you don't necessarily need to use all products together

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I wasn't overly impressed with amigo, so personally I'd go straight to toughcoat after rejuvenate. But toughcoat seems to a non fussy product about what you put it over, so can't imagine it'll do any harm using tough coat amigo

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I wasn't overly impressed with amigo, so personally I'd go straight to toughcoat after rejuvenate. But toughcoat seems to a non fussy product about what you put it over, so can't imagine it'll do any harm using tough coat amigo

I used Amigo today for the first time after reading so many positive reviews.. I really wasn't overly impressed with it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's needs to be used by machine and imo it needs decent corrected paint.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Think I used it with either hex logic black or blue on the ep800. Gave a nice slick finish but didn't see any real gain in filling ability