ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm looking for advice if anyone can help?

I've recently got a new bike and its matte black. I clean the bike myself every 400 miles when I clean and lubricate the chain. I've never had matte paint on anything before.

My question is; what shampoo stuff do I get for matte paint and how do i take care of it?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

I've recently got a new bike and its matte black. I clean the bike myself every 400 miles when I clean and lubricate the chain. I've never had matte paint on anything before.

My question is; what shampoo stuff do I get for matte paint and how do i take care of it?

Some manufactures do a matt range.

Check out chemical guys offering.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
They advertise C5 for wheels C1 for paint and C4 for trim but it's all interchangeable.
Still cant get my head around this. How is it that 1 product is for making trim more black and the other is for a layer of last wax like protection?? Marketed differently but theyre the same product I can get my head around but I just dont get how its such a versatile liquid?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

Is it carbon or aluminium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Is it carbon or aluminium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image002.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So.. my Karcher blew up, and my snowfoam lance as I understand will only fit Karcher. If I change pressure washer brands, can I buy some sort of adapter so the lance fits?

Also.. best VFM pressure washer?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
So.. my Karcher blew up, and my snowfoam lance as I understand will only fit Karcher. If I change pressure washer brands, can I buy some sort of adapter so the lance fits?

If you want something that’ll last a lifetime buy a Kranzle. Nildisk and Karcher are ok but they tend not to last more than a few years under heavy usage. The stock hoses are also s**t.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
This is the one we use

Like it?

I looked at that but I’m thinking I might go for one with a hose reel...

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

just buy a £100 Nilfisk. It’ll last about 4 to 5 years before it packs up (mine have lasted that long and they’ve that’s with a lot of usage)

spending £500+ on a pressure washer to wash your car once a week just isn’t worth it IMO.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks all. I wash the car once a month (if that), so can’t justify £500! Does anyone know about the snow foam lance adapter?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all. I wash the car once a month (if that), so can’t justify £500! Does anyone know about the snow foam lance adapter?
When you purchase a lance you have to select your adaptor, so I can’t see why you couldn’t phone up Polished Bliss or someone and see if they’ll sell you one separately?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I have a Nilfisk and although it serves a purpose, it’s pretty s**t. The main issue is the hose, it’s plastic and always curls.

Budget for a new hose (about £60). Connections are also cheap plastic.

When I bought my lance I specified what connector to supply.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Nilfisk and although it serves a purpose, it’s pretty s**t. The main issue is the hose, it’s plastic and always curls.

Same issue with my Karcher K4, the hose keeps curling up and it boils my piss😠.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know about the snow foam lance adapter?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Rubber hoses are £30 off eBay.

problem solved.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Rubber hoses are £30 off eBay.

problem solved.

Seen them for £45 (q washers) for 10m. I'd expect 15m to come in at £55.

Either way though the cheaper Karchers and Nilfisks are still pretty crap. Mines nearly 5 years old but rarely used. I'd not buy another.