ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Haha! You never know mate. Really need to get down to see Luke and his good lady also this year! Bad friends!

Hope you're well mate and 2020 is a good one... minus the Tory c***s.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Haha! You never know mate. Really need to get down to see Luke and his good lady also this year! Bad friends!

Hope you're well mate and 2020 is a good one... minus the Tory c***s.

Cheers dude. I’m going to harass you from now until tickets sales for CSF close 😉😂

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Anyone tried any of the WoWo's line? Especially the Cermaic Booster or the Hydro Bead

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've used their waxes and they're all amazing. I'd say the Nanocoat is a bit too expensive for what it is, the butterwax is great but too short a durability for its looks and the contact 121 is the best of the bunch.

Sadly not got any of their new stuff but I use the crystal sealant on the windows which works great! A bit hard to buff off (apparently fixed in the current version!) but that stuff keeps beading for months!

And lastly the quick detailer, it's awesome stuff, doesn't smear, smells great, very little needed and the beading is insane like most of their range!

Crystal Sealant on the window:
20190915_100025.jpg

Contact 121
20171011_075243.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is a higher GSM better for drying?. Fancy a new towel. The kent drying towel was pretty good, only £3.

What we using

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Do you use a drying aid or spray-on-wet-car-protection?

I find that high GSM towels do dry well but once soaked are useless and difficult to wring out so if you can't dry your whole car in one go or wash multiple cars at a time you'd need more than one towel.

When using spray on protection on a wet car I use my 'standard' 40x40 mf cloths, think they're 350 or 400gsm.

For general drying I prefer the small gyeon silk dryer as it's easy to fold and hold, low risk of hitting the ground and is easy to wring out so you can use it for multiple cars.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Buy a metrovac to help if you're feeling fancy, if not the silk dryer and the hydrate carpro one are very very good. Klin Korea also make some of the best towels.

I’ve been looking at this. Seems great value and the reviews on other sites look great.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
In my opinion, for the weekly wash, a blower doesn't add anything as it'll still take a while to get all the water off the car, is noisy and you'll need to carry it out, get power out etc after just having made everything wet around the car.

Brilliant when washing before polishing though as you'll be able to get all the water out between panels , headlights, mirrors etc so you won't have water dropping out while polishing.

Ow and THE ONLY way to get wheels and tyres properly dry;)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
In my opinion, for the weekly wash, a blower doesn't add anything as it'll still take a while to get all the water off the car, is noisy and you'll need to carry it out, get power out etc after just having made everything wet around the car.

Brilliant when washing before polishing though as you'll be able to get all the water out between panels , headlights, mirrors etc so you won't have water dropping out while polishing.

Ow and THE ONLY way to get wheels and tyres properly dry;)

It’s a good point. I’ve got a metrovac blaster mini and to be honest never use it.

Always wondered on wether drying by hand is quicker.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
@MLB The Quick Detailer has a lot of very good reports like, i didn't know the quick detailer had SI02 in it, if so could it be used to give the ceramic a boost? i don't really use a detail spray like, i prefer to pressure washer less contact o nthe paint

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hand drying is always quicker... it just can't do what a blow dryer does.

Okay you're not looking for perfect touchless dry but that is when most of the damage is done so it depends how dedicated you want to be.

The big boy dryer is a game changer in drying a car in an indoor enviroment. Just makes the whole process better when polishing etc, no water traps etc.

I personally on my own car wouldn't have much use. I just quick detailer whilst drying and then final wipe down with deep pile MF.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
@Geddes Ahh I have just checked on the Wowo's website and it seems that the quick detailer I've got has since been replaced or updated. Mine is bright pink and was called 'the daddy of quick detailers'. I see the new quick detailer is green and is 'the boss'.

Not sure what the differences are!

Only really use it on clean paint as a protection top up.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What do you want your QD to do? Bouncers si one is almost unbeatable from what it offers and many better than wow.

Civic type r fk8
I’ve been looking at this. Seems great value and the reviews on other sites look great.

Got one of these very good, end hose is rubber so less chance of damage
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M0IX2EU/?tag=cliospnet01-21

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
What do you want your QD to do? Bouncers si one is almost unbeatable from what it offers and many better than wow.

Was that question for me or for @Geddes?

I found Bouncers si edition totally underwhelming tbh. Slick but beading and sheeting under par.

Most impressed by Polishangel Rapidwaxx, its expensive but a little goes a long way, beyond slick and the beading and sheeting is unlike anything I've seen from a spray on/wipe off product. Only thing I've tried that came close is Swissvax lotos speed (which smells amazing as a bonus!).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cosmic spritz is also a gem.

A qd is hard to look to for beading and sheeting surely?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Good point, you are right, Rapidwaxx would classify more as a spray wax.

I suppose so many products are becoming more and more hybrid where I'd say a 'classic' detailing spray isn't about beading and sheeting but more about removing light contaminants without marring the paint.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
What we saying to removing water spots?

E92 is covered in them due to some pretty lazy washing just using the local jet wash and not drying.

Every panel, Glass etc is covered [emoji2359]

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Without doing a search I can’t remember if I wrote about Auto finesse aqua coat?

well let me tell you, it’s shocking in comparison to Hydro2.

I have to put at least two coats on to get it beading even slightly.

However I won’t use hydro2 any more due to having bad reactions with it leaving marks all over the car on more than one occasion.

I’ve looked at Gyeon but I can’t quite work out what the wet coat is all about? Is it simply just a spray
rinse application?

Can’t remember what the bouncers one is called but it seems to get good reviews.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
i went in halfords few weeks back and no joke there was 4 bottles of AF aqua coat and all 4 were different shade to each other, so good knows which one was correct shade lol

bouncer have just released a hydrophobic snow foam which is dead easy to use, and its still beading well 3 weeksa since i last washed mine

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If I had to pick. The wetcoat from gyeon is ready mixed and the safest. Hydro can have issues.

Carbon collective do a good one but I think all my testing would have me buying wetcoat.

To the water spotting question. Kamikaze do a really good one. Very clever tech. Carpro used to do one but not sure it's still for sale.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gtechniq have their easy coat which is either out now or coming out soon could be worth a shout if looking for spray on rinse off. Looks like some sort of hose attachment. Leaves no residue behind either so no need to dry.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Best place to buy a decent bundle?

been out the car cleaning game for years due to lease cars and crap cars. Want some decent stuff for our new one.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the advice re waterspots

Also, not really been paying to much attention to detailing these days, What's a good one step compound for BMW paint? Assume it's quite hard?

Still got some Carpri Essence(plus maybe) lying abiut some where that I never actually used

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Best place to buy a decent bundle?

been out the car cleaning game for years due to lease cars and crap cars. Want some decent stuff for our new one.

Here's a good one to try out