ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
We have the rare 3m foam glass cleaner and it's good, always seems really hard to get, we have a massive box of it! Bought a job lot ages ago as you couldn't buy it!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Is there much difference in 75p window cleaner from Sainsburys to a decent £10 product. I rarely use glass cleaner, I was the outside of the car often and only use glass cleaner on the inside. Is it really worth the extra £9 ?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Is there much difference in 75p window cleaner from Sainsburys to a decent £10 product. I rarely use glass cleaner, I was the outside of the car often and only use glass cleaner on the inside. Is it really worth the extra £9 ?

Personally I think there’s a massive difference.

Getting the interior windscreen clean can be a right chore but Dooka appears to have a degreaser in it and gets it absolutely spotless without any smears at all.

As you can probably tell I’m a big fan 😂

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just used that Turtlewax Sealant after Forensic details reccomendedation
Normally use Carpro Hydro on the wife's car.
Easy to use with no streaks and it is ridiculously slick when done. Have to see how it holds up as Hydro did do a good job.

Attachments

• 20200126_101437.jpg
    20200126_101437.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200126_094152.jpg
    20200126_094152.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 47

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't use snowfoam through it. It's not really doing what you need it to do.

Buy bilthamber autofoam. It's a foam/cleaner so when use through a pump sprayer is actually works amazing. It's the only pump spray I really use. Koch Chemie green star also good for pre spray.

Pre spray then bucket wash. Autofoam is almost a touchless wash, it's that good.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No. You're just wasting snowfoam.

You've been cleaning cars for years and years!

Maybe a better question. What snowfoam do you propose to put through the mesto?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Don't use snowfoam through it. It's not really doing what you need it to do.

Buy bilthamber autofoam. It's a foam/cleaner so when use through a pump sprayer is actually works amazing. It's the only pump spray I really use. Koch Chemie green star also good for pre spray.

Pre spray then bucket wash. Autofoam is almost a touchless wash, it's that good.

Just used autofoam. It was ok but i was a tad unsure on ratios!!! Probably just under an inch for a whole snowfoam bottle?

monaco 172
Just snow foamed mine, might aswel have not bothered as it didn't shift any of the muck really lol. I only used some cheap Carplan trade foam though.

I'm gonna try the auto foam, meant to be quality stuff

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of snowfoams aren't heavy on cleaners which isn't a bad thing other wise they would strip constantly. Touchless wash is from things like tfr etc. It's a hard thing to achieve.

Autofoam works better through a pump sprayer because it clings. Bit like AF citrus power it's a pre spray and they work so well.

Autofoam will still clean better than 99% of snowfoams.

Pre spray is a true cleaner/breakdown, the snowfoam will help. I use snowfoam more for lubrication. The cleaning comes from pre spray and wash mitt/shampoo.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
As above. Snow foam is cool but my citrus APC diluted does a better job. I just use foam so I don't miss any little bit and it gets the crusty bits off.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I like to use it when using the mitt to add a bit more safety.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
A lot of snowfoams aren't heavy on cleaners which isn't a bad thing other wise they would strip constantly. Touchless wash is from things like tfr etc. It's a hard thing to achieve.

Autofoam works better through a pump sprayer because it clings. Bit like AF citrus power it's a pre spray and they work so well.

Autofoam will still clean better than 99% of snowfoams.

Pre spray is a true cleaner/breakdown, the snowfoam will help. I use snowfoam more for lubrication. The cleaning comes from pre spray and wash mitt/shampoo.

Is there a risk of letting snow foam dry?

I’ve used it as a wash aid before but most pro’s online go with a shampoo mix through a foam lance instead. I presume the risk of doing this using SF is it could stain if left to dry?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Is there a risk of letting snow foam dry?

I’ve used it as a wash aid before but most pro’s online go with a shampoo mix through a foam lance instead. I presume the risk of doing this using SF is it could stain if left to dry?
I use snowfoam as a prewash. I snowfoam the car and then whilst it does its thing I clean the wheels.
I then pressure wash the whole car to get any loose stuff off that the snowfoam has softened.
Ill then snowfoam the car again and start washing the car one side at a time, starting in the parts of the car in the shade. Once you have washed a side of the car, snow foam it again and move on to the next side. The point of this is it will stop the car drying on the part you have just washed and leaving water marks. snowfoam regularly and dont let any parts of the car dry, the car usually gets snowfoamed about 6 times during the course of a wash.

Snowfoam is also really good when claying and a lo easier and cheaper than quick detailer or clay lube.

Bilt Hamber is great for a dirty car, ill dilute it down a lot with water and normal shampoo if my car isnt that dirty or if it has been recently waxed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Always depends how strong it is. At work I don't use SF, we use shampoo through the Lance and a pre wash. This coats the car in a safe foam and aids lubrication with the mitt.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Always depends how strong it is. At work I don't use SF, we use shampoo through the Lance and a pre wash. This coats the car in a safe foam and aids lubrication with the mitt.

Yep, that’s what I’ve started to do after using a prewash. I find SF pretty pony after using PW as it doesn’t seem to add much to the equation.

I’m currently using AF citrus power which I find great. I go through 5l in next to notice using my pump sprayer though so it’s far from cost effective as you use it neat.