ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
medium to short for me. I kinda stopped using longer pile cloths as they just didnt flow with any QD really. Nice and plush, but seemed to cause more hassle. I use so many different cloths. Doesn't bother me aslong as they work.

If I was a detailer yes, but I'm not. Even the yellow Costco ones work fine depending on what car you're using them on and how delicate the paint is.

Tonight I used Bilt hamber ones because they were shorter pile and to hand.

Think all companies do short pile to plush. Anything Jim at white details recommends. Go with them if you want to spend a bit. I just don't enjoy long pile anymore.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
After a bag for my polisher. Any recommendations?

I use the AF crew bag. For £40 it seems well made and carries everything you need. I'm sure AF have added there tax on it but I couldn't find the unbranded version or another one better for that price or under.
20210606_115238.jpg

Clio 2.0 138hp
medium to short for me. I kinda stopped using longer pile cloths as they just didnt flow with any QD really. Nice and plush, but seemed to cause more hassle. I use so many different cloths. Doesn't bother me aslong as they work.

If I was a detailer yes, but I'm not. Even the yellow Costco ones work fine depending on what car you're using them on and how delicate the paint is.

Tonight I used Bilt hamber ones because they were shorter pile and to hand.

Think all companies do short pile to plush. Anything Jim at white details recommends. Go with them if you want to spend a bit. I just don't enjoy long pile anymore.
Ill try using a shorter pile next time then. Wondered if it was just the long pile ones i was using rather than long pile in general.
Everyone loves Jim, if he uses it, ive bought it :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I need to try the rapid detailer again. I found it was leaving an oily residue last time and was a nightmare on glass. It was a scorching day though so hoping it was just down to not ideal application. I got 5 litres of the stuff so not going to give up on it anytime soon.

I've been using these towels with most stuff for years and absolutely love them.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need to try the rapid detailer again. I found it was leaving an oily residue last time and was a nightmare on glass. It was a scorching day though so hoping it was just down to not ideal application. I got 5 litres of the stuff so not going to give up on it anytime soon.

I've been using these towels with most stuff for years and absolutely love them.

Did you use the plush ones on glass? I used it tonight 20 degrees, direct sun, wet car. 2 towels dry and buff. Zero issue.

It flashes so quick that I just wipe, turn towel and wipe.

I know you have a black car but should still be easy. I use this stuff daily on all different cars.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you use the plush ones on glass? I used it tonight 20 degrees, direct sun, wet car. 2 towels dry and buff. Zero issue.

It flashes so quick that I just wipe, turn towel and wipe.

I know you have a black car but should still be easy. I use this stuff daily on all different cars.

Initially yeah then I started using the Gtechniq MF1 to try get the residue off. Paint wasn't such an issue usually I do the wipe turn and wipe like you said but I had to go over with a clean cloth again. I wondered if the G1 on the glass caused it.

I'm not going to worry too much until I try again on another day though. It was so hot and in sun I wouldn't usually have bothered but I wanted to try it out. It's their banana one which is also slightly different I believe but hopefully I have more luck on my next try.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Some on Fleabay for £10.00 plus £17.00 pp also Reload £132.60 for 4 litres at Slims no 1 litres soon be hiding the Reset.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Stripped the wax off to try other stuff. The garage therapy decon shampoo is very good BTW.

Thought I'd try some auto finesse triple. Very impressed. Not used it in ages.

How much should I be paying to have an M4 ceramic coated? Paint work is in good condition.

I’m visiting a local company tomorrow to discuss, options of 1, 2 or 5 year coating.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
How much should I be paying to have an M4 ceramic coated? Paint work is in good condition.

I’m visiting a local company tomorrow to discuss, options of 1, 2 or 5 year coating.

Probably anywhere between £500-£1500 depending on the current paint condition. Most likely around the £1k mark for 5 year. Also depends a lot on if you get Billy to do it on the drive or an established business with a unit.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They aren't the fussiest about accreditation in my experience but their products are the highest end.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I spotted your post after I'd bought it the day. Seem a popular piece of kit. The lance and bottle seem good too.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Is there limitations to what hoses these stubby can connect to mate ?

I can only currently get Karcher and nilfisk hose adapters. I’m sure if you got a quick release adapter then you’d be good to go with an aftermarket hose. I’ve had to order more stubby gun kits with the hose adapters.

this is the Karcher hose adapter

FBE8797E-ED15-474C-8401-30BFDE1A0172.jpeg