ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I really appreciate your kind words and glad to hear you’re getting on with the products! Thanks for the order too, that will be sorted tomorrow 🙌🏼

I love citrus blast, it’s so handy to use on interiors with stubborn stains. I used it on some Lexus seatbelts this week and the results were great.

View attachment 1548825

Any after photos? My cream belts in my beemer are disgusting.

I'm after a few bits after finishing off my wheel cleaner, ironX and tyre shine this weekend so may take advantage of your 15% off first order offer 👌🏻

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What washer have you got?. Will just need the relevant connector. Karcher etc.

Ordered it and the Karcher adapter, so hopefully all straight forward. Also ordered the whee cleaner. Absolutely hate cleaning cars as my Karcher lance gets stuck, drives me insane.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Any after photos? My cream belts in my beemer are disgusting.

I'm after a few bits after finishing off my wheel cleaner, ironX and tyre shine this weekend so may take advantage of your 15% off first order offer 👌🏻

I don't have an after picture, but the one I posted was a 50/50. The entire seatbelt looked like the bottom half.

Thanks for your order! I'm just working through getting them all packaged today :)

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
@Hxrry with the stubby lance.. is it plug and play? My Snow foam lance still connect to it?

Hi mate, the stubby gun that you've ordered has got the reel adapter. You simply un-plug the hose from your karcher gun and fit it into the hose adapter, that way you can use your original reel!

What snowfoam lance do you have? You may need one of these adapters for the snowfoam bottle, which goes from the short stubby gun to the lance.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi mate, the stubby gun that you've ordered has got the reel adapter. You simply un-plug the hose from your karcher gun and fit it into the hose adapter, that way you can use your original reel!

What snowfoam lance do you have? You may need one of these adapters for the snowfoam bottle, which goes from the short stubby gun to the lance.

It’s an old autobrite one, and Karcher K4. I can’t get my head round it.. will I need an adapter or will that snow foam bottle plug into the stubby?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
It’s an old autobrite one, and Karcher K4. I can’t get my head round it.. will I need an adapter or will that snow foam bottle plug into the stubby?

View attachment 1548889
View attachment 1548890

The lance you've pictured has got a karcher adapter on, which you won't need any longer! The stubby lance kits come with an adapter to convert your old lance to quick release. You'll have to unscrew that and screw in the new adapter (I'd recommend PTFE tape)

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 10.28.13.png

Quick release adapter is the bottom part in this picture

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The lance you've pictured has got a karcher adapter on, which you won't need any longer! The stubby lance kits come with an adapter to convert your old lance to quick release. You'll have to unscrew that and screw in the new adapter (I'd recommend PTFE tape)

View attachment 1548892
Quick release adapter is the bottom part in this picture
So I don’t have to order anything extra? Thanks for the advice mate.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
So I don’t have to order anything extra? Thanks for the advice mate.

All being well no. The thread should be the same on the old autobrite lance as the majority of others, meaning the adapter should fit. If by some strange reason the thread is a different size (I'm 95% sure it will be the same), then you'd need a snowfoam lance with a quick release adapter!

Hope this helps (y)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
We may have a contender for my top 3 or 4 detail type sprays. Was going to wait until the weekend but getting a car ready to go out. Srp followed by their detail spray. Must say I will buy another. Easy to use, smells great and looks even for a nissan note is spot on.

IMG_20210720_125020.jpg
IMG_20210720_125049.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
We may have a contender for my top 3 or 4 detail type sprays. Was going to wait until the weekend but getting a car ready to go out. Srp followed by their detail spray. Must say I will buy another. Easy to use, smells great and looks even for a nissan note is spot on.

View attachment 1549017View attachment 1549018

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for the quick review, it's much appreciated! I look forward to hearing your experiences with the other products too!

@Hxrry

order arrived safe and sound. Great service and will review over the weekend mate

That's what we do ;)

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Mine recieved as well mate thank you. Was pissed to find you had forgotten my tyre gel applicators… then looked at my order and found I had removed them rather than amend the quantity 😂😂😂 so you are forgiven! I’ll grab some next order. Looking forward to some overcast weather so I can clean the cars

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Mine recieved as well mate thank you. Was pissed to find you had forgotten my tyre gel applicators… then looked at my order and found I had removed them rather than amend the quantity 😂😂😂 so you are forgiven! I’ll grab some next order. Looking forward to some overcast weather so I can clean the cars

hahaha, I tick the packing slips off as I’m going along so I know what’s in there 😂

received my order aswell @Hxrry, cheers!!

thank you both for your orders! Glad to hear you’ve got them. Enjoy the products, is all I can really say!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Alright people, been a while posting on here. I washed my car before i went into hospital and when i came out about 3 weeks alter I've just preshure washed the car twice with snow foam and put the gyeon bathe+ in the snow foam bottle so i dont have to hand wash it. it's ben about 3 months since I've hand washed the car and done it today. And I've norticed quit a few water spots all over the car and didn't have those before and also I've got like dark areas of dirt all over the bonnet I'm not sure if this is down to the stickyness of the shampoo not getting washed off properly. i'm going to try and use some 5-1 purpose cleaner and spray that on the car see if it budges. Any ideas? thanks

Attachments

• DD6D3665-8D76-42D8-A5A5-381560B79C0F.jpeg
    DD6D3665-8D76-42D8-A5A5-381560B79C0F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • EAE3FC08-BC13-4FA9-BAEC-833FDABD9695.jpeg
    EAE3FC08-BC13-4FA9-BAEC-833FDABD9695.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 54

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Probably residue, i get the same with BH autofoam if i dont pressure wash it off properly. I reckon APC should get it out or a very mild polish.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Probably residue, i get the same with BH autofoam if i dont pressure wash it off properly. I reckon APC should get it out or a very mild polish.
Ah ok thanks for that, i thought i didn't take it properly. i'll use the APC next time I'm a bit tired now to do it. I'm getting the car professionally detailed next year, I do the best i can but I'm still recovering from a major operation so I'm taking things easy at the minute for a while, i put on some gyeon wet coat too as i know it's going to rain very soon.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My current APC I’ve been using the Gtecniq W5 Citrus APC as it’s safe for coatings and that but it’s pricey and I’ve noticed that Bilt Hamber do a good APC but it’s not Citrus based, is this one still safe for coatings? I don’t have ceramic coating other than the Easy Coat and the odd Gyeon Wet Coat

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
My current APC I’ve been using the Gtecniq W5 Citrus APC as it’s safe for coatings and that but it’s pricey and I’ve noticed that Bilt Hamber do a good APC but it’s not Citrus based, is this one still safe for coatings? I don’t have ceramic coating other than the Easy Coat and the odd Gyeon Wet Coat

I do a citrus pre-wash that's safe to use on coatings but to be safe dilute it 50/50 (it can be diluted 1:10)

Use discount code "cliosport20" for 20% off making it £7.16 for 500ml (y)