ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I havent actually. You usually know your stuff tho so they might go on the list ;)

Also, changed my mind on 1900:!. Used it last night and for some reason enjoyed it a lot more

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
what actually makes them better?

I still like the ceramic qd from IW. Got half a bottle left still. and BSD but thats a bit more awkward to use

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
A big thanks to @Gally

Been wanting to try the polish for ages. Great price and delivery 👍👍👍

IMG_20211009_112508.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Starting to think I’ve left my winter prep too late in the year. Off work for two weeks and the weather forecast looks gash. FFS.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It seems 'ceramic coating' is the latest fad.

How many of these products are genuine ceramic coatings and how many are just using the words to entice people in? I have to be honest, I've no idea what classes as ceramic and what doesn't.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
It’s my Valeter, he wants me to try it, said it’s a bit fussy but once in its ‘amazing’.

the only substitute in my eyes is Infinity Wax Synergy Lite. Sprayable 12m coating that genuinely lasts! Gives great results thanks to its darkening properties too, so everything is left dripping in gloss 🤤

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

How many of these products are genuine ceramic coatings and how many are just using the words to entice people in? I have to be honest, I've no idea what classes as ceramic and what doesn't.

They all contain Si02 which is silica dioxide or just silica, also known as quartz.

Usually only a 0.XX% though in spray sealant form. So nothing like the coatings you apply from a bottle.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

So, im not 100% on this but here goes. Essentially, 'true' ceramic contain 'solids' which are carried by another chemical, usually a solvent of some sort, that flashes off leaving the solid behind to cure. They're usually the kind you find in the little bottles (exception being IW Synergy Lite as Hxrry said!)

The other kind of 'ceramics' are the sprayable ones. They are just Sio2 which is not a ceramic. Its a sealant. Ceramic got thrown around a hell of a lot but its not really true and is mostly marketing. Some sprayable 'ceramic' (Sio2) are banging though.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Lads. Winter wax. Here's the options: Infinity Wax Synergy Ceramic, IW new wax from the mystery box or pyramid car care ceramic wax. Go!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Done project x on the bonnet. Pretty decent to work with tbh. Might slap some Synergy Lite on the roof just to see how it fairs with little prep