ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. Good base. Won't last aslong as a clean base but I used to put c2v3 over everything and it lasted.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Sooo….this may be a daft question. Do people use different foam lances for different products? For example, one lance setup for pre-wash then another for a foam sealant (like that Matrix Reload posted earlier)..?

Or does it not really matter, so long as the bottle and sprayer are well rinsed between products?

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Sooo….this may be a daft question. Do people use different foam lances for different products? For example, one lance setup for pre-wash then another for a foam sealant (like that Matrix Reload posted earlier)..?

Or does it not really matter, so long as the bottle and sprayer are well rinsed between products?

I'm sad like that and do use multiple lances, but you don't need to. It's recommended to rinse your lance through with plain water after using it anyway (y)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm sad like that and do use multiple lances, but you don't need to. It's recommended to rinse your lance through with plain water after using it anyway (y)

For sure, I always rinse anyway.

I’ll maybe see how I get on. I’m loathed to buy another lance just now as I’m just trying the Hydro2 foam to see if I like it as a protection top up between my 2 big decon/wash/protection times.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
For sure, I always rinse anyway.

I’ll maybe see how I get on. I’m loathed to buy another lance just now as I’m just trying the Hydro2 foam to see if I like it as a protection top up between my 2 big decon/wash/protection times.

I can't see why you wouldn't like it, personally I'm more for a wax when looking for 6 months protection. It'll do the job perfectly fine for you though i'd imagine :cool:

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I only use one lance, but have different bottles for it. I bother rinsing between products, just after use (sometimes..).

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I have 2. One is pretty shagged but its mostly the bottle thats to blame. The thread has gone and I just need to buy a new bottle.

I quite fancy one of those really small ones. Forensic Detailing reviewed it a while back and it did quite well. Could be good for just applying the sealant at the end and being smaller it could be less weight to lug around

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

This is the mini lance if anyone is interested. Sold out everywhere unfortunately

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have 2. One is pretty shagged but its mostly the bottle thats to blame. The thread has gone and I just need to buy a new bottle.

I quite fancy one of those really small ones. Forensic Detailing reviewed it a while back and it did quite well. Could be good for just applying the sealant at the end and being smaller it could be less weight to lug around

If you are spraying a sealant with a snowfoam and changing bottle. Isn't it easier just to go round the car with wetcoat and jetwash it off?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
If you are spraying a sealant with a snowfoam and changing bottle. Isn't it easier just to go round the car with wetcoat and jetwash it off?
yes and no to be honest

Wetcoat ive heard some funny things about. Can dry mid way round and leave streaks, or so I have heard. Never used it myself personally.
Also, having the quick connectors really does make stuff rapid. The 'sealant bottle' is always topped up with the correct dilution so its just a case of blast foam on, rinse and then switch bottles quickly. Its no hardship at all tbh.

We are all different in the way we do things. I personally like the 'foam on, let it dwell, rinse off and then just top up with a sealant' approach over winter. I live right by the sea and the wind can be savage. Get out, get it rinsed and get back in as quick as possible 🤣

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
yes and no to be honest

Wetcoat ive heard some funny things about. Can dry mid way round and leave streaks, or so I have heard. Never used it myself personally.
Also, having the quick connectors really does make stuff rapid. The 'sealant bottle' is always topped up with the correct dilution so its just a case of blast foam on, rinse and then switch bottles quickly. Its no hardship at all tbh.

We are all different in the way we do things. I personally like the 'foam on, let it dwell, rinse off and then just top up with a sealant' approach over winter. I live right by the sea and the wind can be savage. Get out, get it rinsed and get back in as quick as possible 🤣

If you use wet coat in direct sunlight, it can dry on to leave waterspots but that's about it. Fantastic product!

A cheaper alternative that's just as effective is Infinity Wax Express Sealant, it's heavily versatile. Even with all my own products etc, you'll never see me without a 5ltr (at least until my own version of a spray & rinse sealant is perfected)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
yes and no to be honest

Ive had loads of issues with wet coat type sealants. CarPro hydro2 is probably the worst culprit for leaving streaks and spots everywhereespecially on dark coloured cars. Dodo juice bead juice is another one that I’ve had issues with. And that’s not using them I’m direct sunlight either.

The Turtle wax one I used recently seemed to be ok but it’s durability wasn’t great in my opinion.

Ive not tried many others and tend to just go round with C2v3 and a decent microfibre now.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Ive had loads of issues with wet coat type sealants. CarPro hydro2 is probably the worst culprit for leaving streaks and spots everywhereespecially on dark coloured cars. Dodo juice bead juice is another one that I’ve had issues with. And that’s not using them I’m direct sunlight either.

The Turtle wax one I used recently seemed to be ok but it’s durability wasn’t great in my opinion.

Ive not tried many others and tend to just go round with C2v3 and a decent microfibre now.
I used a sampler of C2V3 but this was when I was first getting into detailing properly. Found it really good - a little goes a long way from memory.

Some of the trigger spray stuff I have found to be a bit of a pain. I use a carpro product (cant remember the name now) as a ceramic topper on the mrs car and it works well enough. Highly dilutable too. Might be Echo2? I did use it as a rinse aid once and it made a mess.

I guess I just like the simplicity of smashing something through a foam lance and then blasting it off. Pure water helps massively with spotting and when its -300 outside its nice to just get it done and back in the garage

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Instagram Post 1080x1080 px (17).jpeg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

I spray, jet wash and then dry the car. If you don't it spots everywhere

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Stubby lances, talk to me.

All much if a muchness or do they differ in quality? Think I’m gonna ask for one for Christmas.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well today was winter detail time. New Sotto Zeros on the front so was time to clean the company car up and seal the glass and body. It's probably the longest it hadn't been washed since we got them delivered a year ago.

Luca is only 4 but was a great help! First time we had done the car together. Remember doing the same with Milly 9 years ago! 😢

Products:

Infinity wax wheel cleaners X2
Pre spray with Bilt hamber auto foam
Snowfoam infinity wax power max
Washed with IW shampoo and carpro mitt
Decon infinity wax iron remover and Bilt hamber clay
Dried with Klin drying towel

Glass sealed with Gyeon View

Paintwork sealed with Titan Coatings Ultra (testing through the next few weeks)

Tyres with CC sateen. I love this stuff. Like pearl but stays glossier. Will be a staple in my arsenal and you can see hardly any left!

Most products from Nick at Excel Detailing supplies. Best service by a long way and a great guy for anything you need. Highly recommended.

20211121_093423.jpg
20211121_094140.jpg
20211121_102108.jpg
20211121_102303.jpg
20211121_103543.jpg
20211121_104359.jpg
20211121_111636.jpg
20211121_111708.jpg
20211121_111716.jpg
20211121_111957.jpg

Walk round...

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
So. Ultra Mousse from Autosmart. Used it to do 4 cars over the weekend.

Thicker than Joey Essex, thats for sure. Dilution ratio is absolutely off its tits. I put no more than 10ml in the bottom of the lance, topped it to about 700ml mark and it was like shaving foam. Had to dial the lance back because it was so thick.

Cleaning wise I cant really comment much on. None of the cars were filthy but had a bit of road grime and bug splats. Did an OK job of shifting the bug splats but did well on road film.

I think this has to be my new favourite foam. Its thick, it dwells for ages, very economical, doesnt seem to smash the dick out of my LSP like Autofoam did and it rinses like a champ. No horrible residue left like Autofoam does. Top marks (so far) from me :)

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Oh, and a word of advice to anyone buying Ultra Mousse. Dont spill it on anything when pouring and if you do, rinse it off quickly. Left it on some painted brickwork at the inlaws and it is so powerful it made the paint brown..... 🤣 🤡

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
So. Ultra Mousse from Autosmart. Used it to do 4 cars over the weekend.

Thicker than Joey Essex, thats for sure. Dilution ratio is absolutely off its tits. I put no more than 10ml in the bottom of the lance, topped it to about 700ml mark and it was like shaving foam. Had to dial the lance back because it was so thick.

Cleaning wise I cant really comment much on. None of the cars were filthy but had a bit of road grime and bug splats. Did an OK job of shifting the bug splats but did well on road film.

I think this has to be my new favourite foam. Its thick, it dwells for ages, very economical, doesnt seem to smash the dick out of my LSP like Autofoam did and it rinses like a champ. No horrible residue left like Autofoam does. Top marks (so far) from me :)

What residue did you get from BH Autofoam?

I've only used it 3 or 4 times, but it's rinsed down fine for me.