ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Rinse aid providing the goods!! May throw some 500ml bottles in with orders, as I want real world feedback!

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 08.26.16.png

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Was that just one pass with Sonax Perfect finish?

Amazing if so looking at the before and after! Quick tidy up through a single stage correction.
Not quite one pass, I broke down the polish a bit, I’d call it one set if that makes sense.
To give you an idea. I polished an entire s class in 5 hours to that finish on the left. So it was quick but still doing it properly including inspection spray.

Dont think sonax has has fillers anyway.

Sorry, i used the wrong word there (pass is just a once over right? Vs a set which is set of passes left to right up and down etc until the product is broken down?)

I think what i meant to ask was, was it just the one product and one pad - but I think I know the answer to that.

Still got to add in the hours before from washing and de-con 👍

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Placed an order mate, ment to get two rubber cleaners, doh. Normally get rebound so interested to see the difference :)

Screenshot_20220320_170903_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Placed an order mate, ment to get two rubber cleaners, doh. Normally get rebound so interested to see the difference :)

View attachment 1584895

Perfect! Thanks for that mate, the supports massively appreciated!

With the Rubber Cleaner, it's not designed to be agitated as such. It's more to be sprayed on and then wiped off with a microfibre, it still lifts dirts etc. See how you get on :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just ordered 1000ml of Shine Shampoo 👍🏻

You’d put a sample in when my other half bought the stubby gun and was mega impressed with it. Foams up really nicely and weirdly doesn’t leave my hands feeling all funny like the Meguiars stuff I’ve generally used.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
A little bit had leaked so I’m hoping for another sample of something in this order to entice me into buying something else 👀

Just ordered 1000ml of Shine Shampoo 👍🏻

You’d put a sample in when my other half bought the stubby gun and was mega impressed with it. Foams up really nicely and weirdly doesn’t leave my hands feeling all funny like the Meguiars stuff I’ve generally used.

Was it the small sample bottle that leaked? I binned them off for that reason, absolute mare lol

Thanks for the support!

I do love a bargain!

Just ordered DETAIL SPRAY 1000ml and WHEEL CLEANER 1000ml

Thanks for the order Colin! That will be with you tomorrow

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Was it the small sample bottle that leaked? I binned them off for that reason, absolute mare lol

Thanks for the support!

Yep, was only a little bit tbf and most of it was contained in the bag. Shame about them being a nightmare, I think it’s a really good idea!

D3C6627D-12CB-425F-B7AB-7550F2B35DCB.jpeg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone recommend a decent wheel brush?

Two black Mercs completed this weekend using Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions wax and spray ceremic coating. Very impressed tbh. Very wet looking.

02183631-0AAB-40A7-BD03-9E75BD771728.jpeg

554F5A10-6A4C-40FC-A650-5D22F44ECB08.jpeg

CD2D785F-DC19-46BA-B5BE-950FD9A5570F.jpeg
Did mothers A45 too

5C2310AB-33D1-4EDE-884B-D8DA7664CE6F.jpeg

274613DB-BA28-4AC2-8D85-02869DA2E25A.jpeg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've got a mega cheap wheel brush, one of those yellow ones with a grey handle and it's dog s**t. All it does it bend whenever you put pressure on it.

Think i'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a proper EZ one.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
With those alloys, I would use Carbon Collective Platinum and just jetwash them..

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
This is something I need advice/help on.

My other halfs car was filthy yesterday, hadn't been washed in ages, I sprayed liberally with ValetPro Citrus which had been diluted as per the bottle instructions and it did f**k all. My rinse bucket and mitt were absolutely filthy after.

I've used snowfoams in the past and they've had little effect as well.

Best product to use? Not bothered about it stripping coating as I usually give a spray of CC Hybrid and blast that off to ease with drying after every wash anyway.