ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm after a new finishing polish, anyone got something for sale?

By chance would anyone have dk finale?!?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone use car pro reset or Mystic bubbles. I've tried the latter and it does a good job. Is for the weekly wash.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone have a link to the thread on detailing world where he announces that he is closing shop?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Have you got a Di vessel?
I've been making my suds with it and I didn't realize how much hard water effects the quality.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
“450 pounds to machine polish my van?? That’s way too much money. My friend said he can do it for £80 on his dinner break. He works in a Bodyshop so does it for a living which means he’s a lot faster than you, it’s probably why he’s so cheap…”

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm after a cutting compound for work. Not really a dedicated one for soft or hard paint. Get a car in that has some scratches, grabs the compound and hard pad etc.

Think a litre of h8 or 9

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, C2v3 is the dogs b*llocks.

I‘ve been using the turtle wax sealant stuff for a while which was decent enough but I ordered a litre of C2v3 the other day. Just cleaned the beemer which was absolutely hanging and topped it with the C2. It looked proper proper mint. Not only that but it goes on so easily with no streaking whatsoever.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Need to try some again. Years ago since I last did. I have so many nice sprays.

Serious performance is easily one of my favourites these days, cheap too.

Sales car. Autoglym then the spray.

Screenshot_20220917_200337_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225
What’s peoples go to for tyre shine these days? My Wolfgang is nearly gone and Fancy a change, thinking about going back to meguiars endurance but fancy a change.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been using car pro perl as I ran out of the gtechniq stuff I had. Don't think they sell it as a tyre gel but it works really well tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Carbon collective sateen for me. Seems to offer all the best of all worlds. Thin. Glossy, spreads for miles and easily applied. Seems to last aslong as any apart from the "long term" ones.

Ph2 Meg 225
Carbon collective sateen for me. Seems to offer all the best of all worlds. Thin. Glossy, spreads for miles and easily applied. Seems to last aslong as any apart from the "long term" ones.
Like the look of sateen so will give that a go, was never a fan of the thick gloopyness of meguiars endurance when applying

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Can anyone recommend the easiest way to remove tree sap? You can’t see it but the paint almost feels rough.

Bilt Hamber autofoam has removed light contamination like that for me, when mixed up strong.

Depends how long it's been on there.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Luckily for me, I dont park near tree's so tree sap isnt an issue.

A thread I read ages ago explained there were different types of tree sap (someone more cleverer than me will explain) and that there was also something that looked like sap but was actually little bug poo that dries really hard.

Some require a claybar to remove - others just a simple shampoo.

Me, personally, id be getting a bucket of nice hot water and some fairy liquid. I know fairy is the 'wtf is my neighbour doing' shampoo of choice but to save going as far as a claybar, it could be a good first call to see if it will break some of it down.

But, worse ways, go with @Gally 's suggestion :)

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Has anyone tried infinity wax synergy lite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, ive used it a couple of times now.

I used it on my brothers Fiesta ST. We did no prep other than a claybar and a panel wipe. Lasted a while but unsure on exactly how long as he sold it.

Was easy(ish) to work with but we did it during the cold so it was a bit more tricky.

I used it on the roof of my 140 as an experiment but then totally forgot about it and polished it off after about 4 months lol

Its a good product and very good value for money. I imagine if you layered it, like they suggest you can do, it would last a good while

Reactions: JD