ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
What TFR are you guys using ? Didn't wash the car properly for 2 months now I think, and Bilt Hamber snow foam looks it doesn't do to much before using the shampoo and wash mitt goes into action

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can all be used at a sensible dose mate just have a quick search. What protection have you got on the car now?. I tend to use spray products this time of year so just go round the car after a clean.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Can all be used at a sensible dose mate just have a quick search. What protection have you got on the car now?. I tend to use spray products this time of year so just go round the car after a clean.
Yes, did had a look and they all say they won't remove the wax, but wanted to make sure that is correct, as you used them.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
So what do you have on the car protection wise? This time of year imo you are pissing in the wind with the more ph level of pre wash unless it’s rarely driven. In the spring summer time then sure. I’m only going by what I do. Use a decent spray wax after a decent wash etc.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Sorry, protection wise I got a Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax, and the shampoo(meguiars wash and wax) that I use also has some 'protection'.
I never tried those spray protections yet, as I thought they don't do to much.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
personally this time of year I’d opt for something like somax bsd for protection and beading property, if that’s your thing :)

There are hundreds to pick from. I love waxing but the weather doesn’t do it any favours unless you have a garage etc.

Some will do things differently of course, this is just what I do.

👍

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
personally this time of year I’d opt for something like somax bsd for protection and beading property, if that’s your thing :)

There are hundreds to pick from. I love waxing but the weather doesn’t do it any favours unless you have a garage etc.

Some will do things differently of course, this is just what I do.

👍
Thanks for the pointers.
I think I will order the HDD road rage prewash, and see how it goes, as I can't seem to find the kenny chem one, and if I remember correctly, tried power maxed tfr a while ago, and wasn't impressed with it.

Regarding waxing, yes, I got a garage and that helps, but I am also getting lazy, and if I find faster solutions, would embrace them haha.

Yes, it is likely that the so-called "lifetime" paint sealant is long gone, especially if the car is washed often. You can safely continue with the paint preparation as if this protective layer did not exist.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Is surfex hd ok as my pre wash all year round?

I probably put 2/300ml in a 7litre pump sprayer, which i hope is 5%.....

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is surfex hd ok as my pre wash all year round?

I probably put 2/300ml in a 7litre pump sprayer, which i hope is 5%.....

It might strip any protection you have but at 5% I imagine will be fine as a pre wash. I wouldn't bother in the summer either tbh.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ah ok.

It's just easier using the pump sprayer than snowfoam.

Might get Touchless for pump sprayer use in summer then

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Anyone got one of those 'Bucket Buddy' things?

The clip on things that you can store your spare brushes in?

Im constantly finding im having to root around for my little brushes in and amongst the big ones and its grating on me a bit.

Also, those turbo nozzles for the jetwashes. I see them all the time online but are they any good? They claim to help shift dirt in arches easier (especially those damn carpeted ones).

Recommendations please!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Im constantly finding im having to root around for my little brushes in and amongst the big ones and its grating on me a bit.

Also, those turbo nozzles for the jetwashes. I see them all the time online but are they any good? They claim to help shift dirt in arches easier (especially those damn carpeted ones).

Recommendations please!

I use these and they work perfectly. Drill a hole in the bottom and you're away.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Recommendations please!
Turbo nozzles and wheel arch carpet are a bad combination. You’ll just mash up the carpet and blow holes in it.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Turbo nozzles and wheel arch carpet are a bad combination. You’ll just mash up the carpet and blow holes in it.
Oh damn! I didn't even think of that. I'll pass on them then.

So I'm guessing just a good old fashioned scrub (my usual method) is the way forward?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh damn! I didn't even think of that. I'll pass on them then.

So I'm guessing just a good old fashioned scrub (my usual method) is the way forward?
I just use the normal jetwash end.

But those turbo nozzles give a teeny tiny jet of water that spins round. Fine for patios and s**t but it’s like a laser on arch carpet. 😂

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Recommendations please!

I was looking at these too but saying that the the ikea job is a good shout!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I just use the normal jetwash end.

But those turbo nozzles give a teeny tiny jet of water that spins round. Fine for patios and s**t but it’s like a laser on arch carpet. 😂
Cheers Dan!

I hate carpet arches, theyre a PITA. But, considering some of the stuff I work on, id rather not be tearing them up 🤣

Reactions: riz

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
So, after posting about the 'bucket buddy' that @Louis then steered me off, I got home to a present from my BIL & SIL....

.....A f**king bucket buddy 🤣

What are the chances! Still, I think its an ebay jobby but seems solid AF. Enough room to store plenty of brushes, holes in the bottom and also 4 holes in the side to slide brush handles into. Nice!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
So, after posting about the 'bucket buddy' that @Louis then steered me off, I got home to a present from my BIL & SIL....

.....A f**king bucket buddy 🤣

What are the chances! Still, I think its an ebay jobby but seems solid AF. Enough room to store plenty of brushes, holes in the bottom and also 4 holes in the side to slide brush handles into. Nice!

Link?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got / used a drier? Been tempted for ages to get one but never got around to it, I like the idea of it as it’s touch less and gets all those little bits where water sits until you dry and polish it then 17 litres of water somehow escapes from the wing mirror surround?!

• Haha
Reactions: riz

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Has anyone got / used a drier? Been tempted for ages to get one but never got around to it, I like the idea of it as it’s touch less and gets all those little bits where water sits until you dry and polish it then 17 litres of water somehow escapes from the wing mirror surround?!

Yeah I’ve got a Blo one. It’s pretty decent. Having said that it’s only any good for drying the paintwork if there’s a good hydrophobic coating on. But if all you want it for is getting water out of those nooks and crannies then they’re perfect.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’ve got a Blo one. It’s pretty decent. Having said that it’s only any good for drying the paintwork if there’s a good hydrophobic coating on. But if all you want it for is getting water out of those nooks and crannies then they’re perfect.
Bit of both! My cars are always pretty well protected so it’d be useful for that as well. Good to know they work pretty well!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member

Ah, okay. I did see those but wasn’t sure if “buy cheap, buy twice” might apply in this scenario?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

2hp pfft!

200.gif

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

I have just bought one too air S yet to try it due to weather 🙄