ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheating b******s 😂

What dye is this?
Loads of people do it. I like Autoglym aerosol as it’s a bit more tame.
Autosmart do a one called midnight and it’s probably the best, but only available in trigger application and it gets everywhere. Not ideal.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Loads of people do it. I like Autoglym aerosol as it’s a bit more tame.
Autosmart do a one called midnight and it’s probably the best, but only available in trigger application and it gets everywhere. Not ideal.

Yeah pretty sure the one i borrowed from work is from autosmart, a spray type. Its perfect for cheap ass hard to cleam carpets.

Yeah it is that

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I didn’t need to on this, it in the absolutely fucked stuff, a tin of satin black paint or a black carpet dye works wonders.
Less is more, but it’s a godsend on the bangers.
Have you got one of those tornado blowy things that I keep seeing TikTok detailers use? They seem to make light work of dog hair/straw/loose stuffs.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Have you got one of those tornado blowy things that I keep seeing TikTok detailers use? They seem to make light work of dog hair/straw/loose stuffs.
I have one. Unfortunately I dont have access to a compressor anymore so its redundant, for the moment....

I bought a cheap ebay special. As a tool, theyre fantastic. They spin a inner tube around at a billion mph which causes a 'tornado' effect to fly into the carpet. It really does dislodge a lot of crap and make light work of mats etc. The 'proper' Tornador ones, US Brand, are eyewateringly expensive. Over £80 for the basic one.

A couple of points to mention: DONT buy the cheap ebay ones. The quality is utterly s**t and it WILL fall apart rapido. My inner tube came flying out, at the aforementioned MPH, only to smash into the fresh extended leather spec 4.0 GTS I was detailing. Poo moment. Luckily, the dash was fine.
The volume of air required to keep you able to use it properly is bonkers. I dont remember the units, but its got to be over 9. 9LPH? Its got to be a big boi otherwise youre forever waiting for the compressor to catch up, or its not got enough power to be able to keep up and just blows mild air out.
Not so great for interiors. Even after hoovering a footwell, you go and blast the s**t out of it and dust and debris goes EVERYWHERE. That dash you just wiped over and dressed? Yep. Its now covered in debris. The rear seats? Those too. Neighbours cat? Looks like hes just been on the beach. I speak from experience here....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ah, it's not for me, I've absolutely no use for one. It was more just seeing if @Daniel had one so he can cut his 8 hours with a bog brush down a little bit 😂
I have had them in the past but to be honest as Nancy points out, they make a s**t load of mess. Which you end up having to clean up again.

The last one I actually paid for was stupid money, £260 iirc?? From Autosmart. Then when that broke I bought a £30 one off eBay and it was the same just a different colour. 😂

I have had them in the past but to be honest as Nancy points out, they make a s**t load of mess. Which you end up having to clean up again.

The last one I actually paid for was stupid money, £260 iirc?? From Autosmart. Then when that broke I bought a £30 one off eBay and it was the same just a different colour. 😂
I've used one and completely agree - great for crevices where you can't necessarily get a hoover attachment to it, but surely suck not blow to clear mess (heyoooo).

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ran out of BH Touchless a while ago and struggled to find any anywhere.

Turns out they've tweaked the strength now, doubling it's concentration (max 2% PIR instead of 4% previously).

Only available in 1L currently though.

Reactions: riz

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I never looked, I will now lol.

I've got a once used slims detailing das dual polisher if anyone is looking to try their arm at polishing.

£50 posted.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
How did you get that, I looked and they are £2.38 each lol
It's £9.95 / 1L bottle now. Was it 2.38 each ?

Do you find it that good that you ordered 10L ? I bought 5L a year ago, after reading people saying how good it is, but I found it average, or even bellow that.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
From £2.38 but that was the smaller size I think.

The car chem pre wash I bought when they did that flash sale thing is really good.

Used to be a snow foam chap but limited space on the drive I have been using citrus pre wash.

The neighbours albeit really nice would see his ass if his mercedes was covered In foam lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’ll leave these here so I can update once it’s finished…

My boss wanted to buy a new interior but I said I’d save it. Here goes….

IMG_1798.jpeg
IMG_1799.jpeg
IMG_1802.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg
IMG_1804.jpeg
IMG_1805.jpeg
IMG_1806.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
f**king hell Dan, that makes my Fiesta look factory.

Fair play to you. Show us some 'after' pics!
No ‘after’ pics just yet. I’m off tomorrow for a funeral so here is some action shots…

Will be finished Friday pm, collected Saturday morning. Just need to dehumidifier to not trip out tonight or I’m fucked. 😂😂

IMG_1808.jpeg
IMG_1811.jpeg
IMG_1812.jpeg
IMG_1813.jpeg
IMG_1814.jpeg

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Was that just left outside with the doors open or something? Where did the spiders and snails come from 😂

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I use these and have done for ages. Work well when I use gel. If I use a dress type I use a paint brush lol

Screenshot_2024-02-26-13-04-40-859_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just getting the SLK ready for sale. I was going to keep it for the spring/summer but with now having 5 cars and going to sunny Wolverhampton Tomo to get another I've decided to advertise everything.
IMG_20240226_145512.jpg
IMG_20240226_145529.jpg
IMG_20240226_145534.jpg
IMG_20240226_145541.jpg
IMG_20240226_145548.jpg
IMG_20240226_145556.jpg
Bought some infinity wax lite coating and imo it's brilliant. Washed with reset then banged a layer on. Even being black there was no issues.