ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing in my spare time...

Megane 250 FF / cup
I have been into detailing now for the last year, on my own car only. However after doing a few friends cars and several others through word of mouth I have decided to start doing it on my days off from work.

This is the process which i take;

Wash

Clay bar the full car

Wash again

Dry all exterior

Complete machine polishing/cutting of the paintwork to remove swirl marks and light surface scratches (I wont be able to remove 100% of the swirls)

Apply paint cleaner or pre-glaze to the paintwork with the machine

Apply wax by hand

Apply dressing to tyres

Clean exterior glass and apply rain repellent

Clean and protect exhaust with metal polish

The full process usually takes around 4-5 hours.

Here are some photos of my work,

IMG_0159.gif

IMG_0157.gif

IMG_0156.gif

IMG_0127.gif

IMG_0044.gif

IMG_0030.gif

IMG_0115.gif

IMG_0114.gif

IMG_0109.gif

IMG_0060.gif

IMG_0131.gif

The last one is my Dads van - it had a sticker on the van from the previous owner which he wanted off, I only did half the bonnet to see how much better it could look with the machine.
Hope you like,
Elliott.

Not a 320d
I do, im at uni with 2 jobs, and detailing as a 3rd, and a hobby. I hold two maintenance contracts, £24 a car every 2 weeks. 2 Company cars for the same company.

Get a thorough wash, dry, M135 topup sealant. Interior hoovered thoroughly, plastics wiped down and glass cleaned. Takes about 2 hours, but ones a 4x4 and owned by a woman with 3 kids so sometimes takes longer. All adds up. I also offer in and out valets for £10 a car. No more than 1 hr 30 mins a car, good job etc. Usually do these during holidays.

Problem is though, with mini valets, they expect everything for nothing and seem to be very un willing to depart with £10 for a a good 90 mins of grafting. I dont really enjoy doing them if im honest, id sooner charge a mate a tenner and do a good job as id expect some appreciation and repect for it.

STEALTH RAIDER
What do you usually charge for single stage machine work mate? I think your using a DA with menzerna stuff?

STEALTH RAIDER
How much correction do you get using a da ?

Obviously depends on paint condition but id use one for a single stage sitting for hollograms and light marks, or used on soft paints as polishing combo's can be very effective without removing to much paint/laquer. Using one on harder vag paints will only be able to settle for fine-medium defects in my experience.