ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailing products

clio sport cup 172
havnt started detailing yet, got menzerna ip and ff what other products are recommended from start to finish, eg washing-waxing? thanks.

106 GTi
After the Menzerna I would look into a AG Super Resin base and use something like the Jeffs Acyrlic Jett Sealant.

Then for some added looks it is worth adding a decent carnuba rally down to budget really, my choice would be Swissvax Onyx, but on a cheaper budget look into Chemical Guys 50/50 or P21s.

A decent shampoo, wash mitt, some microfibers and a quick detail spray and you should be sorted Paintwork wise.

clio sport cup 172
got some p21 wax, what do you use first the ip or the ff CHEERS. what do you use from start to finish ?

106 GTi
Depends on the paint condition, I always try to correct the defects with the FF first and vary the pads, stepping up to the IP if needed. Always use the mildest combo first.

Process varies from car to car.

In a paintwork detail.

Wash - Megs. Shampoo Plus, Eurow Mitt and the 2 bucket method.
Dry
Clay - Sonus of Meguiars
Polish - Menz FF and or IP as needed.

Then depending on the Sealant/Wax Route

AG Super Resin
Jeffs Acyrlic Jett Trigger
Wax

or

Zymol HD Cleanse or Swissvax Cleaner Fluid
Wax

clio sport cup 172
never done this before,always washed and waxed polished, want to take it to next level, swirls all over,needs claying too, thanks very much for info:)

got some p21 wax, what do you use first the ip or the ff CHEERS. what do you use from start to finish ?

The P21s is a lovely wax but it has very little in the way of durability and will last only a few weeks before needing to be topped up again.

Are you looking to apply the Menzerna via a machine polisher or by hand?

Clean Y Car do a kit by Carlack(Klasse) which has an all in one paint cleaner/polish and a sealant which is very good and is pretty much the same as jeffs acrylic, then you could top this of with a wax of choice.

Personal favourite combination of mine on customers cars is Klasse AIO & Victoria Concours wax both work well together on warm colours (reds and yellows).

106 GTi
Tim will say otherwise but the AJT is so much easier to use than the Klasse? Carlack Versions of the Sealant. Mine have both sat on the shelf since getting it in the Jeffs spray formula.