ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing World Is Evil

I'm hardly into the detailing game these days, but quite fancy a couple of new things to play about with and try out.

Signed back into DW for the first time in ages and I'm really struggling not to spend loads! New towels, mitts, waxes etc!

FAR too easy!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol I stay off it! People keep saying this is good and that is good!

Clean your car just makes me spend stuff!

£20 a month?? No way, but then again I do detail quite a few cars a month I guess, more like 100 quid/m.

Qashcow
ive limited myself to £20 annually, i believe this gives me the right monies/driving time/enjoyment ratio out of my car lol

edit: £20 doesnt include water ;)

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
very dangerous site, that and detailedobsessions for me. I have already got my shopping cart filled for payday :)

Broken Diesel Megane :(
lol. in anticipation of the new car coming i logged on to get a few things. when it came to the checkout bit, a few things were de-selected!! lol.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
What are you getting Darren mate?

bought a 350z. gunmetal grey, rays alloys, black leather. loving the v6 note.

hardly used it since i got it though lol. use the company car most of the time.

lol. in anticipation of the new car coming i logged on to get a few things. when it came to the checkout bit, a few things were de-selected!! lol.

LOL. Quickly adds up! I cant seem to find a wookie mitt in stock anywhere :(

Motorbikes
I havent spent anything in ages, not wanting to look at detailing sites the now as I know I'll just buy stuff I dont need.

Had to refrain from buying a machine polisher off I4D wee while ago because I knew it would get used once in a blue moon, but just wanted to have one for the sake of it.

NE detailing have just opened up a shop near me, and ive spent £300 in 2 weeks, i get sucked in by the zymol wax in the glass casses, im now the proud owner of some zymol carbon wax, which is the mutts nuts. the g/f has just bought me a meguiars oscilating machine polisher also.

I do get a little dixcount or free products when i shop there now tho

Mito Sportiva 135
I have been very good, probably only spent about £100 this year. In fact I genuinely need to stock up on some products! Here I go...

Megane R26
Backup Rotary, few bits from I4D that I wanted to try, and the Blackfire Wet Shine Fire thingy which was £85 or so, and a few other bits from Polished Bliss

Megane R26
SV Mitt? You mean the Waschpudel? It's more like a sponge with bits hanging off it, than a mitt.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I got that group buy towel Justin it's ace! Dried the whole car in minutes!

Megane R26
The Autobrite Drying towel? Same as a CG Miracle Dryer, but £5 cheaper and blue. Decent buy, defo.

You tried a Zymol sponge Ali?

Megane R26
The CYC yellow one, which is Eurow I think, seems to go hard after a lot of use, like all of the waffle weave towels.

The Dodo SN Towel is the softest, but you have to be soft to buy it IIRC - £23. Nice though, and it's huge.