ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing

2005 Cliosport 182
Its my birthday next month so im going to have some extra cash. Was considering getting my car detailed but didnt know if it would be worth it. Winters coming so wouldnt really see the results but would this not protect my paint from the bad weather and salt/grit?

Cheers!

Porsche Boxster987S
Its my birthday next month so im going to have some extra cash. Was considering getting my car detailed but didnt know if it would be worth it. Winters coming so wouldnt really see the results but would this not protect my paint from the bad weather and salt/grit?

Cheers!

just cause its winter doesnt mean you wouldnt see results:S You would see results in any day of the year. But yes it would protect your paint if thats what you ask for and im sure whoever you take it to will advise you on what products are best to maintain the protection through the bad weather.

ibiza cupra
they say to do it every 6 months so if you get it done now, next time will be in the summer and will look even better as it would have been done for a second time.

they say to do it every 6 months so if you get it done now, next time will be in the summer and will look even better as it would have been done for a second time.

A detail every six months is fine, but shouldn't require paint correction. The word "detail" is such a lose term.

I would suggest a winter prep now, then get someone to detail the car properly, including paint correction, in the spring time, or summer, just in time for shows etc.

2005 Cliosport 182
Thanks for the advice! Just new to the whole detailing thing and wanted to get some more info about how to go about it. Cheers.

No I also ment my old Clio..paint was mint from just using cleaning products..
My nephew ownes it now and his brother and a few other pals have black clios tooand they always comment how much better the paint work is...
its a 53 plate but looks more like a 56/57.

A few pics..

004-17.jpg

023-2.jpg

030.jpg

033-4.jpg

035-1.jpg