ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference 182 + cup ?

hi i don't no much about these clio 182's and cups but can any1 tell me what the difference is between the 182 and the 182 cup ? is it just the different alloys, suspention, and spoilers ? anything else ? can any1 help please ?cheers

tiTTy & SV650
182 cup or 182 with cup pack has different suspension from the non cup 182 (silver wheels). The 182 cup (or with cup suspension) has stronger hubs and slightly lower suspension and is easier to get updgraded suspension for.

I'll leave the specs to other people but this is a good reason not to buy a non cup IMO having owned one for 3.5 years lol

ive tryd searching for answers but cant find many.
Realy i would like a 182 cup but at the end of the day it comes down to money i have £6500-£6700 max to spend on a car, am i wasteing my time looking for a 182 cup for this kind of money?

tiTTy & SV650
No you'll get an 04 / 54 plate full spec 182 with cup packs for that money easily. I sold mine for circa £6750 in November with 37k miles on it.

yeh i did think about the 172 but realy want the 182 i supose i will have to keep saving or think about a different car :(

Da

Less
There's a RB 182 forsale on here for £6k straight. Highish miles but still!

182 Cups are cheaper than 182's FF with Cup packs.

tiTTy & SV650
factory cup? you're not getting it mate. a 182 cup from the factory has dynamique seats and no xenon headlights, air con instead of climate control, it's a cheaper spec.

You can buy full spec 182 with cup options from the factory, the vast majority of 182's have cup options.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
yeh i did think about the 172 but realy want the 182 i supose i will have to keep saving or think about a different car :(

why the 172 cup is the b****cks and the 182 cup is a cheap pointless 182

if your getting a clio get a 172 cup or a 182 with both cup packs

182 cup or 182 with cup pack has different suspension from the non cup 182 (silver wheels). The 182 cup (or with cup suspension) has stronger hubs and slightly lower suspension and is easier to get updgraded suspension for.
182 none cuped packed cars aren't that difficult at all infact can be easier since its just 172 suspension setup realy with a wider offset.
why the 172 cup is the b****cks and the 182 cup is a cheap pointless 182
The 182 Cup was a cut price 172 equivalent type car since cars by this time had to have ABS and it sold well why do you think its such a waste its a better car in some respects an the one I'd buy given the chocie of a 182 cup or a 172 cup.

LOL at the 182Cup being a "cheap pointless 182" :D

It's as much fun as a 182FF and still has plenty of 'toys' for such a cheap car. The FF is nicer inside, but it's still a Clio, and suffers from all, and more, of the same problems that most of them do. It's a cheap 182, yes, but is it pointless? Only if you think half leather seats and a Casio climate system in a shopping trolley, elevate you to god status :D

Try melting steering wheels, buzzing climate fans, whistling windscreens, and leaking xenon washer jets as something to add to the potential list of problems. The 182FF is the better choice for sure, but the Cup is far from pointless :)