ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference between 182 cup and normal 182

182 RB FF
i have a ph2 saxo vts in black now and am looking to get a clio 182 in racing blue.I searched but cannot find any exact information on the difference between a 182 and 182 cup and the cup pack ad ons etc.also is there anything i should be looking for when viewing a car.any info would be great thanks.

I didnt realise it was for members only. I cant copy and paste it as thats not fair.

The basics..

182 Cup doesnt have xenons, leather seats, climate control, renault sport steering wheel.. and saves a few kg for the pleasure.

Just buy a 182 with Cup packs as thats the best of the bunch.

182 RB FF
thanks for that been a help.how many posts will i need to view it.what are the cup packs.is there 2.how do i know that it has these and that there not jsut claiming to have them.ta

thanks for that been a help.how many posts will i need to view it.what are the cup packs.is there 2.how do i know that it has these and that there not jsut claiming to have them.ta

You'll need to be a full member. You can join here.. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/faq.php?faq=cliosport_club_faq_item#faq_becomemember_faq_item

There are 2.

Suspension is amphasite wheels and lowered 3mm. The hub has different spacing. I think Cup is 54mm so thats the only real way to confirm it.

The other is spoiler so you get a slightly larger rear spoiler and a front splitter which is missing most of the time.

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Thats a cup spoiler. The normal one is a smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a let down Revels :(

You know full well the official CS response is that the Cup is a poverty spec shed, and that the 'FF' is the most luxurious and first bestest car ever made.

He only joined today, I thought id be nice.

He'll realise the Cup is only a slight step up from a push bike all by himself ;)

182 RB FF
cheers for all ya help mate.ur advice to jsut get the 182 with the cup packs then apposed to a proper cup.does it have auto wipers if so which ones do.think i read it somewhere and cruise control too.

The Cup has cruise, but no auto-wipers.

FF is full fat. Standard 182 with both Cup packs. Widely regarded by chavs on here as the best car god ever created.

Autowipers/autolights and cruise are standard on the 182. Theyre not on the 182 Cup.

FF 182 - Has cup packs and everything. Full fat is just a made up ClioSport term
182 - Has everything apart from the cup packs
182 Cup - Has less than the 182 but has the cup packs

Turbo LY R27
Standard 182- Silver wheels, xenons, cruise control, climate control, half leather interior etc

Standard 182 with cup packs- Bigger rear spoiler, front spoiler (lip) , anthracite alloys (this is the big give away), Stiffer suspension and wider track, and all of the above.

182 cup- none of the above, but has both spoilers anthracite wheels and stiffer suspension.

A question I've tried to ask a couple of times without answer is (and I think it's kind of relevant); what is the difference suspension-wise between a regular 172 and a 182 (without cup packs)?

Tav

Clio 197
Standard 182- Silver wheels, xenons, cruise control, climate control, half leather interior etc

Standard 182 with cup packs- Bigger rear spoiler, front spoiler (lip) , anthracite alloys (this is the big give away), Stiffer suspension and wider track, and all of the above.

182 cup- none of the above, but has both spoilers anthracite wheels and stiffer suspension.

Not the clearest way of describing the Cup at the end there...

Standard 182 Spec

• Silver wheels
  • Xenon headlights
  • Cruise control
  • Digital climate control
  • Half leather interior

Standard 182 w/ optional 'Cup' packs (FF) Spec

• Anthracite (dark grey) alloy wheels
  • Xenon headlights
  • Cruise control
  • Digital Climate control
  • Half leather interior
Plus the following extras:

• Cup roof spoiler (larger) & front splitter
  • Cup Suspension (lower/firmer springs, retuned dampers and different hubs)

182 Cup Spec

The 182 Cup has the spoiler and suspension upgrades as standard, but with a number of omissions from the specification of the standard 182.

• Regular headlamps (Xenon's removed to save weight/money)
  • Cruise control
  • Air Conditioning (Digital Climate control removed to save weight/money)
  • Cloth Interior without split folding rear seats and head rests (Half leather interior removed to save weight/money)

I think the 182 Cup makes a lot of sense. It does away with some extra's that really aren't needed in a car aimed at driving enthusiasts (leather/climate), yes the weight saving isn't quite as dramatic as the 172 Cup, but a lot of people welcome the safety net of ABS and A/C to stop your back sticking to the seat. It's the best compromise between real world praticality and a purer driving experience.

I find the Trophy the most desirable model...but since I couldn't afford one the 182 Cup in Racing Blue without stripes seemed like the best model.

Pretty good write up and way of explaining it all tbh.

I still think the 182 Cup misses out for no real gain, other than cost. Id rather have paid more and got the extras.

Tav

Clio 197
Nothing. (I dont think)

The following items were changed from the 172:

Front suspension (Springs, dampers, drive shafts and hubs)
Rear suspension (Springs and dampers?)
Twin exhaust tail pipes
Improved intake manifold design
4-2-1 exhaust manifold
200 cell cat. (instead of 400)
Engine map
Air filter
Gearbox ratios (some internals uprated)
Fly by wire throttle (bringing ESP, traction and cruise control)

"The 182's chassis is similarly more extensively changed than you'd expect. Its wheelbase is slightly longer than the 172's and it also has a wider track. The wheelbase change has come about because of increased castor angle, which is now the same as the Clio Cup racecar's. The rear anti-roll bar is now stiffer and even the suspension mountings have been strengthened to cope with the additional cornering loads"

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/43716/renaultsport_clio.html

Tav

Clio 197
Pretty good write up and way of explaining it all tbh.

I still think the 182 Cup misses out for no real gain, other than cost. Id rather have paid more and got the extras.

I think it's for people who just don't like unnecessary luxuries. You get the cup goodies without having to pay more for them. You're not really missing out on anything...you still get head lamps and you can still keep yourself cold in the summer. The only down side is you can't split the rear seats to carry your shopping home from B&Q...

I think cost is def. the main reason...imagine standing in the show room and picking from the available models when new and think how much more of a drivers car you could get for less money than the standard model.

"The 182's chassis is similarly more extensively changed than you'd expect. Its wheelbase is slightly longer than the 172's and it also has a wider track. The wheelbase change has come about because of increased castor angle, which is now the same as the Clio Cup racecar's. The rear anti-roll bar is now stiffer and even the suspension mountings have been strengthened to cope with the additional cornering loads"

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/43716/renaultsport_clio.html

The castor increase was about 3 degrees from what I've read, that should give a tangible difference in steering feel over a 172...so surely people have noticed that...

Turbo LY R27
Not the clearest way of describing the Cup at the end there...

Standard 182 Spec

• Silver wheels
  • Xenon headlights
  • Cruise control
  • Digital climate control
  • Half leather interior

Standard 182 w/ optional 'Cup' packs (FF) Spec

• Xenon headlights
  • Cruise control
  • Digital Climate control
  • Half leather interior
Plus the following extras:

182 Cup Spec

The 182 Cup has the spoiler and suspension upgrades as standard, but with a number of omissions from the specification of the standard 182.

• Regular headlamps (Xenon's removed to save weight/money)
  • Cruise control
  • Air Conditioning (Digital Climate control removed to save weight/money)
  • Cloth Interior without split folding rear seats and head rests (Half leather interior removed to save weight/money)

I think the 182 Cup makes a lot of sense. It does away with some extra's that really aren't needed in a car aimed at driving enthusiasts (leather/climate), yes the weight saving isn't quite as dramatic as the 172 Cup, but a lot of people welcome the safety net of ABS and A/C to stop your back sticking to the seat. It's the best compromise between real world praticality and a purer driving experience.

I find the Trophy the most desirable model...but since I couldn't afford one the 182 Cup in Racing Blue without stripes seemed like the best model.

PMSL sorry, next time ill print him off the full brochure lol!!

When I ordered my 182Cup, money was very tight. I decided the Cup made more sense for me because it was cheaper, already had the Cup bits, still had relative luxuries like cruise control and AC. The Cup made sense for a lot of people TBH. Also, whether or not one cares, 20kg is 20kg. Better than nothing and certainly isn't going to make it slower. Another quite serious point that many folk gloss over, is that plenty of these 182 luxuries are a pain in the ass, don't actually work all that well, and are prone to going wrong.

All in all both cars had their place in the new car market, and people chose what suited them at the time.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I bought the cup as I preferred it. Never been a fan of xenons, found the standard lights better with up-rated bulbs. Hated the auto-wipers, but the cup wipers needed upgrading to the batter stalk control. Was getting buckets so the faux-leather wasn't an issue, and I prefer AC to climate. Personal choice though, no point in buying the cup on peformance grounds, as it's the same.