ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences between R19 1.7 and Volvo 440 1.7 turbo ???

Renault Clio 1.2RN
Hello, I'm new here and speaking of whitch, it's m first post here.

I'm from estonia, so my english might not be that good, but hopefully you can all understand me.

So I drive a 1992 Clio 1.2 RN, which won't get any rewards for its performance, but i have to addmit its economical, aslong as theres 2 people with light baggage inside.
Back to topic, a long time I've had a Turbo germ in me, I wanted to turbocharge the 1.2, but luckly i came to reason and realized that almost any swap can give me the same result as a turboed 1.2. So i found a whole scrapped Renault 19 with 1.7 carburetted engine in working order. With that swap I'll gain 50% more horsepower and should fit 1:1 in the Clio am i right??? According to Wikipedia, some Clios had that very engine from the factory.
But why stop there. I know Volvo 440 and 460 use a 1.7 engine from Renault and some of them are turboed from Volvo factory. So here's the question again, whats the main differences between the Renault 1.7 and Volvo turboed Renault engine? I guess Volvo might have oil injectors under the pistons and ofc multipoint injection and a ecu to match. But all i'm intrested in is what are differences inside the engine block.

Many thanks to those who bother to answer.

1.2 16valve sport
Theres a guy on clio16valver.co.uk who has done this conversion and might have the information you need hes rebuilt his with bigger turbo ect