ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences rhd and lhd Clio

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Since Clio's are just much cheaper in the UK i've been considering exporting one and converting it to lhd.
unfortunately since the Clio's are so f**king expensive here there aren't alot parts either.

i was wondering what would be involved, things i could think of:

lhd steering rack, move brake booster to left (cut firewall), reroute brake lines, clutch line and throttle cable, replace dash incl loom and door looms (big connector is also on the left in a rhd car right?), find lhd floormat, replace headlights....

anything else anyone could think off?

i guess it would be too much work but considering a 182 costs €6500 here it seems worth the effort. Even despite having to pay around €1000 import duty....

cheers,

Arthur

Clio RS 172 2002
No I think he wants to buy a Uk one cheap and convert it lhd and sell t back in France to make profit.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I'd guess most of the parts would just bolt on, no cutting involved.
lots of stuff could probably be sourced from smaller engined versions (ie heater, wipers and such)

Most probably the RHD version is sort of a 'conversion' from factory of the left hand version.

most of the RS specific parts are hard to source in holland though......try and find a scrapped one...though they are expensive too!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just cut the steering rack in half and stick a gear on the end of it. Stick the other half (with the steering wheel) on the left hand side of the car with another gear on the end. And join the two with a chain.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Lol, not mich usefull reactions here either, the list groes though...

Guess it won't be worth the hassle

no i'm not trying to make a profit, i'm trying to get me a fun Clio without having to pay gold for it....

clio's in belgium/germany/france will cost about the same, add €1000 import tax to that and it'll be more expensive

PB172,dci100,dci65
Its not really worth the hassle IMO.

I bought mine for 6k € in 2012....a 172 ph2 so I know what you are thinking.