ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dirty 182 Seat Belts

P

pete.grant

Can anyone recommend a good method for cleaning the seat belts in a 182? I want to avoid making the grubby marks on mine even worse!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Please don't use white text as those of us using the White forum background can't read it!

I would also like to know what ideas people have, my seat belts are a state!

Ultra Red Clio 197
me too!!! i have some silver ones sitting waiting to be fitted.. but they are really grubby and want to clean first...

Black/Gold 182!
Tried today, used some interior shampoo but didnt work very well. Gave Has a ring and he said try AG Engine and Machine cleaner which was wierd. Tried a bit on a cloth and a fair bit of dirt cam off but seal belts still look very dirty.

Anyone have and tips/ideas??

106 GTi
Should be a few threads on this so worth a search, Autoglym Interior Cleaner works on light grime, you may need to step up to something like Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner at a strongish mix.

Titanium 182
after trying numerous cleaning products that only cleaned them up a touch, i ended up using washing powder on a nail scrubbing brush, worked a treat belts looked brand new!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I read this thread earlier, didn't use a nail brush as i didn't have one around but i used some washing up powder and a microfiber cloth.Seat belts were sheer filth before and although they're not 100% perfect yet they're looking so much better than before. Will give the seat belts another going over next weekend which should have them looking like new.

A great recomendation from Paul.

106 GTI
Will they not smell damp though? or do you go out for a sunday afternoon blast tp dry them?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
This thread is actually 6months older than yours, so i did search ;)

Yours was the thread a read last night in which i read about using washing up powder to clean the seat belts however when i come to post saying that it had worked for me i couldn't find your thread for some daft reason so thought this thread would do the job to show my gratitude as its the same method and alot of the same people have posted in the thread.

BMW F21 125d
I've read both posts, and Im going to give this idea a test as my 182 belts are looking a little dirty. How quickly do they dry off ??

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Well today was quite sunny so the car got warm quickly. Took about an hour to dry with them pulled out to full length (clipped some cardboard in to stop them recoiling)

Clio 182
Just done mine this minute and they have came up really well and mine were pitted.

Hot water nail brush and abit of ariel works a treat!

Gotta give em a good scrub mind!

Clio 200/Clio 182
Use any type of detergent on a seatbelt with incredible caution. Washing Power is possibly one of the worst things to use!

You have to remember the belt is made of tightly woven synthetic fabric, and of course its potentially what could save your life one day, the use of chemicals/detergents, particularly washing powders which naturally contain fabric SOFTNERS is not at all good. I would recommend using nothing more than a damp microfibre.

Slightly grubby seatbelts, or you going through the windscreen? Not a risk I would take on mine, or my clients cars.

Regards,

Gaz
www.detailmyride.co.uk