ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dissapointed in ktec stage 2 tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
and they didnt have all the parts i paid for to be fitted so they have to post them to me and i have to fit them myself :s

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
FLOLOLOL they see you coming. Surely you researched before you handed over this kind of money, RS clios are useless to get power out of.

PB Clio 172
the website states that its a 5-7 BHP gain? what else did you expect ?

k tec from my experiences are top drawer ! :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
What did you have done? 3 hours so £150 labour/ £350 parts? I think 6.5bhp is about all you will expect for that sort of outlay.

PB Clio 172
yeah well thats a shame really ! Like above for that sort of money its best to do loads of research before hand look into the gains, fuel MPH etc.

it is hard to get power out of this and a shame you arnt happy with the results man !

Megane 225 F1
Well I imagine part of the deal is for the labor to get the parts installed. If they haven't fitted them, then you shouldn't have to pay.

Seriously, I've never had a problem with them and they have always been helpful. Just ring them up.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Phone them and say you're not happy and want a full refund and that you want to keep all that they fitted. It'll work out fine.

PB Clio 172
thing is they only ever come on the road at about 165BHP correct me if I am wrong

5-7 isnt too bad then you have to look at how old the car is etc. yeah maybe for the labour they are a really nice company not the sort to mess people around ! hope you sort it man !

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I must admit apart from the little hiccup around one car I had there service has always been excellent

S

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The results would never be much different regardless of where you took it... KTEC know their stuff they're not some cowboys... its an N/A 2.0 engine thats already heavily tuned so you were never going to get much out of it for that money.

This is why unless you've got money to burn or intend on spending serious money that its not worth tuning most N/A cars. For the same money on the majority of turbo engines you would have seen 30+bhp and 50lb+lb/ft torque.

The results would never be much different regardless of where you took it... KTEC know their stuff they're not some cowboys... its an N/A 2.0 engine thats already heavily tuned so you were never going to get much out of it for that money.

This is why unless you've got money to burn or intend on spending serious money that its not worth tuning most N/A cars. For the same money on the majority of turbo engines you would have seen 30+bhp and 50lb+lb/ft torque.
\

The carw as running at 154.5 bhp before (VERY LOW) and only gained up to 160 from all that work. i thought i would of seen alot more from it being that low

PB Clio 172
whats your milage? have you changed the belts ? changed the oil often ? looked after it ? a lil hole in your exhaust can drop the BHP big time, all these factors but if it was lets say 165 BHP standard, over the years they say you lose 1 BHP per year, could be average reading ?

whats your milage? have you changed the belts ? changed the oil often ? looked after it ? a lil hole in your exhaust can drop the BHP big time, all these factors but if it was lets say 165 BHP standard, over the years they say you lose 1 BHP per year, could be average reading ?

Pretty high mileage 90k , recieved the car on 83 with some service missing but ive done a full service and belts arent due for another 10k. car is 8 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.