ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dissapointed in ktec stage 2 tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'm intrigued as to find out what mods are missing that you're going to have to fit yourself?

Either way if you've got the panel filter already and I guess they mapped it, the only thing that could be missing will be the matched inlets or Ptfe gaskets, both of which require removal of existing inlets, I wouldnt be happy and would be demanding some money back, its a bit of a f**k on changing inlets over

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Spent 500 quid and 5 hours driving there and back and 3 hours waiting time for 6.5 BHP!! :dapprove:

Was you advised prior to going that the did not have all the necessary parts? If not this all boils down to good customer service!!!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Why don't you post your graph in here, so that people are able to see the improvement with their own eyes and then comment based on fact.

Also, as previously asked, what didn't they fit?

Titanium phase 1
I think ktec are very good and helpful but on this occasion it clearly states increases of 12-15 bhp and 5-7bhp for the same product so they need to review it

172 cup
makes ya feel better i got 45bhp & 80lb torque from £400 on my st, moral of the story make it stick to the road it will never be a fast car withs thousands spent

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
makes ya feel better i got 45bhp & 80lb torque from £400 on my st, moral of the story make it stick to the road it will never be a fast car withs thousands spent

if you wanted a faster car buy a focus rs, give the youngsters a break they are having fun with their cars like i did when i was their age, they can only have what they can afford and should get what they pay for.:race:

Does the car feel any different or did you spend the money for a piece of paper with some numbers on it? Tuning Clios is a mug's game anyway. Don't worry though, as soon as the Mk IV is out, turbos will suddenly be awesome. Then it will be worth tuning them. Be interesting to see how the gearboxes cope mind you.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I don't really see the problem with this from Ktec, £500 is a fair amount of money for a generic remap and fitting matched inlets from them. I'm surprised you got the power you did tbh, I would expect less.

Will get the gasket fitted at same time as cambelt as 519 said. Now to shop around and see who can do my cam belt properly at a good price local to bristol

Rusty Cup
Throw the PTFE gasket away!! in itself it is symbolic of your ability to fail!! it wants you to fail!! and by many interpretations of the word you already have..

If people are suggesting the timing is out wouldnt that suggest the belts have been done? what would cause the belt to jump a tooth :S

Throw the PTFE gasket away!! in itself it is symbolic of your ability to fail!! it wants you to fail!! and by many interpretations of the word you already have..

If people are suggesting the timing is out wouldnt that suggest the belts have been done? what would cause the belt to jump a tooth :S

lots of things could cause a belt to jump a tooth usually an old belt or tensioners

53 Clio's & counting
To be fair if the timing was out it generally is picked up when being mapped, every power curve i remember seeing has been very different with the timing out, so stick your graph up and lets have a look.

Fail 1 Wasting cash on mods when the cambelt needs attention.

Fail 2 going to k-tec. My dealing with them in the past, mail order was fine, polite to deal with but mechanically incompetent.

White clique
website does seem a bit moody with the gigures TBH but i'm sure others on here could have advised regarding expected gains from this package before you shelled out.

In answer to the question about what figs are seen with 172s, what is the lowest etc, i saw 151 on an 02 plate once, was a girl on here called Lacey... she was pissed off enough anyway, but on the way home in convoy the clio in front lobbed off a bolt or engine part, and it hit her roof and dented it LOL. Then a few weeks later she hit a land rover head on and wrote it off! Some Clios are just unlucky.

Some people tried to tell you it wasn't worth it.

Get the timing done though hopefully you might see a slight improvement.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Your spunking money left, right and centre on this to swap for a £2000 car thats probably gonna need money spent as well ?

What's the insurance on a 172 cup compared to yours now?

Also you say in it your has had a major service done. You dont even know when the cam & aux belt was last done.

Megane 225 F1
PMSL

I could have saved you ALOT of money if you had let me RS Tuner your car for you like I offered ;)

No, it's just CS never forgets. You were warned it wasn't worth the money, and you've now started a thread saying how disappointed you are, what did you think the replies were going to be like?

White clique
TBH there are some harsh people in here however you seem like an old member called medici999 who would ask a question, get an answer and not listen, then when people say told you so, get in a mood.

And now that everyone is telling you your car might be a nail which is clearly underpowered with an unknown issue, you immediately want to shift it on to some poor unsuspecting bugger??

Status
Not open for further replies.