ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dissapointed in ktec stage 2 tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
POST THE f**king ROLLING ROAD PRINT OUT

I'm still willing to bet you're looking at wheel figures instead of flywheel figures

Oh and you're expecting help/advice from people who've spent a lot more than £2k on their car (my bodies cost that - my cage cost half that - my suspension cost half that) - so think before you type *sigh*

Listerine & Poledo
Did you just say you pay 4k on insurance? So you have to write off your car twice per year to make it worthwhile lol.

No, he just needs to use all dat powa and barrel roll through the front of a primaly school once.

In case i crash and they investigate how i got to 60 in 0.25 of a second faster then i should of as a result of 6 bhp?

look i was trying help. You moan about people being shitty with you. Pot kettle black?

List every single one of your mods?

POST THE f**kING ROLLING ROAD PRINT OUT

I'm still willing to bet you're looking at wheel figures instead of flywheel figures

Oh and you're expecting help/advice from people who've spent a lot more than £2k on their car (my bodies cost that - my cage cost half that - my suspension cost half that) - so think before you type *sigh*
That much money on a clio? :hail:

Edit : i seem to have lost the dyno printout. i dont know if ktec can upload it forme?

megane 285 sport
15/16bhp gain throughout the rev range not peak, so between 850rpm and 7000rpm hes gain 15bhp over what it was, 10bhp probably at 4500rpm and 5-6bhp at peak which will be at about 6800rpm. not exactly hard to understand

Listerine & Poledo
IIRC insurance companies charge power increases based on gains, so his premium would stay the same. No need to declare it.

They only increase premiums on how much extra potential y0! there is.

which with OP, is high from the outset.

Graveyards and fences lining b-roads should beware

If you were to crash dude. You say it's expensive, but would they rather spend a few hundred on a diagnostics or £2000 on a payout?

But they don't investigate everyone's ECU to see if its been remapped unless stupid speed and power was involved

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
elaborate

You complain about spending a measly £500 on making your car 0.25 seconds quicker to 60 yet you'll quite willingly fork out 4 grand to insure the thing!

Please tell me you see the irony there?

You have a loud exhaust and are a young driver, they're going to risk checking for a remap

But they don't investigate everyone's ECU to see if its been remapped unless stupid speed and power was involved

Meh, they checked mine when I crashed. Declare it or not, it's up to you. I don't know how old you are, but guessing a yound lad in a fast hatchback, they'll check more than you think, trust me, I've been there.

Meh, they checked mine when I crashed. Declare it or not, it's up to you. I don't know how old you are, but guessing a yound lad in a fast hatchback, they'll check more than you think, trust me, I've been there.

Well i'm not going to crash :race:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing more is being spent on the clio. not gonna change the cam belt and going to rag it till it blows up and then buy a 2 litre turbo. insane insurance FTW

But you've already spent £4k to insure it £2k to buy it at a guess and £500 on a "pointless" remap!

£6.5k to drive a clio for a year!

That hurt my wallet just thinking about it!

But you've already spent £4k to insure it £2k to buy it at a guess and £500 on a "pointless" remap!

£6.5k to drive a clio for a year!

That hurt my wallet just thinking about it!

I pay monthly. if it blows up in a month then il buy a turbo and swap insurance over.

Inb4 anyone says " you can afford a turbo but your crying about £500 on mods"

I'm pretty sure they welcome any feedback.

If your not completely satisfied with something then tell them , that's the only way things in this world improve

"Hi is that K-Tec? Oh it is excellent. I was at your workshop last week having some matched inlets and parts fitted. I got a rolling road printout that showed I only got a 6bhp increase but I have no idea if that was at the wheels or the flywheel and I've lost the printout now but I'm fairly sure I should get more than that..... No I didn't bother talking to you on the day I just gave you my money and came home"

LOL.. good luck

At the end of the day you've got the exact amount of power increase anyone would expect from those mods - if you want 12-15bhp extra you need to spend £2-3k and you've already said you're not willing to spend that much money on a clio - so I'd stop posting now, go and sell the car and buy something else - you're clearly not happy with the power your car has got and you don't take advice from others well.

"Hi is that K-Tec? Oh it is excellent. I was at your workshop last week having some matched inlets and parts fitted. I got a rolling road printout that showed I only got a 6bhp increase but I have no idea if that was at the wheels or the flywheel and I've lost the printout now but I'm fairly sure I should get more than that..... No I didn't bother talking to you on the day I just gave you my money and came home"

LOL.. good luck

At the end of the day you've got the exact amount of power increase anyone would expect from those mods - if you want 12-15bhp extra you need to spend £2-3k and you've already said you're not willing to spend that much money on a clio - so I'd stop posting now, go and sell the car and buy something else - you're clearly not happy with the power your car has got and you don't take advice from others well.

Clio's dont sell for anything these days. i would probally get around 1500 for it and i would rather slowly break it then sell it

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I have to say I've never driven a RenaultSport Clio (be it a MK2. Ph1, Ph2 172/182 or Mk.3 197/200) and thought, you know what? This car needs loads more power! Grip and handling > Straight line speed. I bet the OP doesn't even know the different between grip and handling, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.