ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dissapointed in ktec stage 2 tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH there are some harsh people in here however you seem like an old member called medici999 who would ask a question, get an answer and not listen, then when people say told you so, get in a mood.

And now that everyone is telling you your car might be a nail which is clearly underpowered with an unknown issue, you immediately want to shift it on to some poor unsuspecting bugger??

Everything is up to date so its not my fault. cambelt isnt due for 10k and was done 4 years ago

White clique
Everything is up to date so its not my fault. cambelt isnt due for 10k and was done 4 years ago

cambelt is every 3 years IIRC and you dont even know its the cambelt anyway? And just because the service stamps are up to date, that doesnt mean there isnt something wrong with it?

Ph1
At the end of the day if Ktec have made a error and you only get 5-7 bhp (which seem's about right for the mods) then this result is bang on the money and there would have been no point in this thread. The fella admitted he got 10 bhp gain in mid range plus a increase in torque. Seems like a good result if you move away from the peak figure.

As for boost. Turbo's are cheap to tune up to a point yeah. Beyond basic tweeking they also become expensive.

People who say Clio's are a waste of time tuning. You can get very good improvements with basic mods. When i was running 186 bhp, as an example, i saw off on the quarter mile, a mk1 Focus RS, R32 Golf and kept level with a MR2 turbo to name but a few.

At the end of the day if Ktec have made a error and you only get 5-7 bhp (which seem's about right for the mods) then this result is bang on the money and there would have been no point in this thread. The fella admitted he got 10 bhp gain in mid range plus a increase in torque. Seems like a good result if you move away from the peak figure.

As for boost. Turbo's are cheap to tune up to a point yeah. Beyond basic tweeking they also become expensive.

People who say Clio's are a waste of time tuning. You can get very good improvements with basic mods. When i was running 186 bhp, as an example, i saw off on the quarter mile, a mk1 Focus RS, R32 Golf and kept level with a MR2 turbo to name but a few.

I wonder how much money it cost to get it up to 186bhp

SQ5
Mine ran 184 before on a map, 182 manifold, itg maxogen and a decat, and that was on a reliable rolling road.

With a misfire it ran 175 two weeks ago!

SQ5
Not pub, two individual rolling roads. Some guy also ran 186 at KTec then 176 at the RR I was at, discrepancies on RRs happen, just how it is with so many variables!

SQ5
Strong engine, I thought the figures were blown up when I bought it but ran the lower figure with a misfire, which showed n the graph too. Ask James from JMS, shocked him too!

Mine was also ran at a RR day where Clios were getting between 160-175 so fairly accurate readings

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Strong engine, I thought the figures were blown up when I bought it but ran the lower figure with a misfire, which showed n the graph too. Ask James from JMS, shocked him too!

Mine was also ran at a RR day where Clios were getting between 160-175 so fairly accurate readings

Good stuff :)

Update summary?

I'm guessing the OP is having a fit because people are calling him a mug for trying to choon a naturally aspirated Clio?

Boost FTW on that score, but TBH even then you need to spend good money for good gains. It's no good winding the boost up with cheap remaps if the engine can't flow it. You'd just end up with a massive wallop of gearbox shredding torque that runs out of puff at 5000rpm.

What the OP needs is 5-cylinders of high revving, high boosted, decatted, winstantaneous awesome.

Update summary?

I'm guessing the OP is having a fit because people are calling him a mug for trying to choon a naturally aspirated Clio?

Boost FTW on that score, but TBH even then you need to spend good money for good gains. It's no good winding the boost up with cheap remaps if the engine can't flow it. You'd just end up with a massive wallop of gearbox shredding torque that runs out of puff at 5000rpm.

What the OP needs is 5-cylinders of high revving, high boosted, decatted, winstantaneous awesome.

Don't worry i'm saving up for a prius

All this seems really unfair to the OP, regardless of the posters history, in my opinion.

OK, so perhaps he should not have implied any fault of K-Tec at the outset (he has admitted this now as far as I can tell), but all he has asked is if this is the gain he should be expecting and, in a round-about way, ask if their might be a reason why/if his power is down. I can see why he would ask this from a forum.

I would not have modded a car that was nearly due a cambelt change, but 4-5 years interval is about right so it's pretty unreasonable of those who slate him for not getting it done sooner. Every 3 years someone said!!! really??? Aux belt, yes, and I can see the logic in doing them the same time, but it's hardly being a r****d for NOT doing it per the manufacturer specs.

so give him a break, guys. And K-Tec need to make their marketting more honest, In my opinion.

I like the knowledge (from certain folk) on this forum, please keep it constructive.

Ph1
I wonder how much money it cost to get it up to 186bhp

Set of cams and a map and most are about there.

I had headwork , some 300 quid cams, 182 manifold, IK, exhaust and mapped.

Cost me tonnes but to do the same from scratch you'd be talking about 1600 area.

To out drag cars costing ten fold more and over 200 bhp+ and torque to match it isnt too bad

Megane 225 F1
If you get it done at the same time as you have to get your cambelt fitted, it's a lot cheaper technically.....

LY R26
Got 438 cams on mine and got it dyno'd the other day and made 186bhp with 157lbft well worth it imo. This was just over a grand with cambelt and aux also. :clap: fitted by Dan at 519 automotive btw.

Not pub, two individual rolling roads. Some guy also ran 186 at KTec then 176 at the RR I was at, discrepancies on RRs happen, just how it is with so many variables!

It wasn't you I was having a dig at - it's just that the OP has spent £500 trying to get 12bhp more out of his car - on mods that clearly will only give 5-6bhp on a good day. Now you've posted up your strong engine figures hes asking how to get that

Stop fecking caring about what peak power figure is - it's only good for bragging rights at the pub
A strong torque curve would make you quicker and the car nicer to drive. People should concentrate on how it feels to drive rather than the peak bhp figure on some random rolling road.

I have no idea what mine is running - and I don't care lol

Ph1
It wasn't you I was having a dig at - it's just that the OP has spent £500 trying to get 12bhp more out of his car - on mods that clearly will only give 5-6bhp on a good day. Now you've posted up your strong engine figures hes asking how to get that

Stop fecking caring about what peak power figure is - it's only good for bragging rights at the pub
A strong torque curve would make you quicker and the car nicer to drive. People should concentrate on how it feels to drive rather than the peak bhp figure on some random rolling road.

I have no idea what mine is running - and I don't care lol

Agree but to be fair it does say on Ktec's main website for this package 12 - 15 bhp.

Not everyone knows what mods get what power. You don't have to be a Clio expert to want to mod a car :)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Lol at this guy, has anyone seen his other started threads? It is worth it for a laugh. I was going to try to help him with something contructive, but to see probably 40% of his started threads are about chooning and are locked, and he pays £8,000 on insurance, he is obviously a Clownshoe.

megane 285 sport
does it say in the advert 12-15bhp peak power gains? No. (but then again it doesnt say throughtout the rev range either) but correct me if im wrong Ktec normally quote gains throughout the rev range, so 5-6bhp peak + 10bhp lower down the rev range is 15/16bhp gain.

Clio 172 Cup
does it say in the advert 12-15bhp peak power gains? No. (but then again it doesnt say throughtout the rev range either) but correct me if im wrong Ktec normally quote gains throughout the rev range, so 5-6bhp peak + 10bhp lower down the rev range is 15/16bhp gain.
Ehh? How you working that out mate? That would be 10bhp gained midrange and only 5 to 6 at peak, not 15/16?

Status
Not open for further replies.