ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY Headlight CAF

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
This is just a work in progress, im in no rush to finish it and its just something im doing out of sheer boredom!

Anyway..

Take 1 knackered xenon..

a7ygamus.jpg

Then split it into pieces..
IMG_1506.jpg

Rooting around the shed I found an old CAF from my old air box...

IMG_1508.jpg

Fits on there perfectly! I will replace the crappy hose type stuff for something better eventually... but it may only be temp as it is rather small...

IMG_1509.jpg

Now I havnt actually got that far tbh as I need to get all the parts I need...

So atm I am left with this...

IMG_1510.jpg

Il update this as and when I sort things out if anyone is actually interested :eek:

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Is it easy to take apart? i'm looking at spraying the inside of the headlight but i've not seen many apart yet

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Is it easy to take apart? i'm looking at spraying the inside of the headlight but i've not seen many apart yet

The glue on this took some heating up tbh, even then it was still a ball ache to pull apart! I used a mixture of Oven and Hair Dryer..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I don't think you have enough Xbox 360 controllers.

Cool little project! You should put the grey insert back in, that doesn't block the holes? Look better too!

I have 7 :eek:

I plan on painting it so wont see the insides

because im bored and they were just going to get thrown in the bin.. So thought id make use of them

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
My headlight "supercharger".

70mm CAF straight to phase 1 airbox inlet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 179
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Here's mine just to give you a idea of how it could look if you was to keep the use of your xenon headlight at the same time, I'm currently researching how to make moulds for it as i've been asked by others if i'd do them one in fibreglass.
70B2C67E-6195-4AE6-BE61-70A85D621ABD-413-000000CF572677F4.jpg

fbdb5a3f.jpg

182FF
I would pay decent money for one of these!! Wish I had the time and know how to do this sort of stuff!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
^ there's no set guide on how to split a headlight really.

You could cut the lens off close to the bond area and replace it with a new one (that's if Renault or someone sells them), Or the way i done mine was take out all bulbs/igniters/power packs and put boiling hot water from a kettle into a bucket and leave the edges in the water until the plastic gets soft and start prying it off bit by bit.