ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do 172s have a rear brake bias compensator

'92 172, Lotus Elise
as per the title really, do the mk2s have a brake balance compensator like the mk1s do? or is it controlled by the abs unit?

call me mad, but I was wondering if i could remove my mk1 ABS controller and fit a mk2 one? wiring looks about the same. they're both self contained units that use the same sensors... so don't see why not :D

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Pretty sure all mk2's with ABS dont have a compensator. 172 cups do have a compensator but i think its a fixed pressure unit without the adjusting arm

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i though they all did apart from cups as there were a few people having mot problems due to them not having them

ITB'd MK1
i though they all did apart from cups as there were a few people having mot problems due to them not having them

it's there for headlight leveling, cup doesn't have it as it doesn't have xenon lights, but MOT testers sometimes see it "missing" and think it's for the brakes (as it was on mk1 clios)