ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do i buy a 182 or a 172 Cup

I am in a bit of a predicament, do i buy a 182 or a 172 cup??? I want it in the awsome blue, so the 182 cup is out the window...i would love peoplease views...

cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

The 172 cup comes in mondiale blue, you can get a 182 in arctic blue...v.similar.

Do you want the toys? if so 182 is way to go. Im a cup owner, and love it to pieces, but 182 is newer, and you can get the 182 with cup suspension/spoiler/splitter...so its a cup with the extra toys (and a bit more weight!)

RB182cup&golf gti

Quote: Originally posted by BanezWantaCup on 15 September 2005

I am in a bit of a predicament, do i buy a 182 or a 172 cup??? I want it in the awsome blue, so the 182 cup is out the window...i would love peoplease views...

cheers
racing blue is awesome!!

172 cup

I like 182s because the standard exhaust looks/is way better, but given the choice again id go for a 172 cup. I see way too many girls round my area driving 182s. No offence to all the gays, i mean guys, on here who own them. ;)

Disclaimer: that was a joke, and not intended to start a which car is better debate. lol.

Lionel Richie

LOL, you can turn the 182 into a trackday warrior, you should see our demo car!! (available for viewing at Donnington Park this Saturday BTW)

it meets my high standards, rapido + low + subtle

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 15 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 15 September 2005does he want to be called cheapskate???

NO

BUY A 182!!!![/QUOTE]Agreed.;)

oh well at least hell be smiling when he rapes yo ass

RS Clio 200

I like the fact that you see very few 172 Cups - 182s are pretty common - no offence meant there :)

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by nickc on 15 September 2005

I like the fact that you see very few 172 Cups - 182s are pretty common - no offence meant there :)
Its true :cry:, I see the things everywhere! Theres another 182 just like mine parked 50 yards away every day.

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 15 September 2005
hell fire! Buy mine.

Mine has CC.

ABS? You dont need it.

VaVa

As long as you can drive, and understand cadence braking.

If your getting a Cup, now is a good time imho. If last winter is anything to go by, there might not be any left at the rate they were leaving the road last year.:p

182s are only common to us because we know about them/drive them. I doubt most people have a clue and dont even see them. Personally I see loads more CTRs and even MkV Golf GTis than I do 182s

Quote: Originally posted by jaf78 on 15 September 2005

I like 182s because the standard exhaust looks/is way better, but given the choice again id go for a 172 cup. I see way too many girls round my area driving 182s. No offence to all the gays, i mean guys, on here who own them. ;)

You know what though, youre right, I would say its a 60:40 split round me. Never had that problem with the 172s

Peddled device

I was going to upgrade to a 182cup a few months back.I took the advice that people gave me on this forum and have fallen in love with my 172 Cup all over again:)

Weve been together for 18 months now and are planning to start a family:p

Hi

If intrested I have a Renault Clio 172 Cup, 2004, 53, 8005 miles, blue, standard 172 cup spec no mods... previously cat d damaged, excellent repair. Will take £6500.